• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ambitions as a Plumber; A Mario FAQ

mario-man

Smash Lord
How fast do you have to tap the B button on the Mario Tornado for it to be max height??

mario-man

Smash Lord
Explain a little more. I've always read, and heard, and therefore thought, that you had to tap the B button really fast to reach max height. Move the control stick? What does this prove, unless you are trying to get back on the stage from far horizontal distances?

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
For B smash07 try these few combos remember be creative
1. Make sure the opponent has damage, grab throw up, quickly do the Up A charge attack, jump and press Up A, when you land try hitting ur oppenent with forward A punch, after that short hop and press A, to finish up the combos its up to you.
Try to grab alot and do smash attacks to do some serious combos, if you want more combos just ask.
And mario-man for luigi this is real is easy but u are not a luigi user. Sorry for not explaining well, right after you press down A, immidiately tap the control up and keep on pressing B several times until you have reach it's maximum height. Let me ask u first, have u done this b4?

mario-man

Smash Lord
For B smash07 try these few combos remember be creative
1. Make sure the opponent has damage, grab throw up, quickly do the Up A charge attack, jump and press Up A, when you land try hitting ur oppenent with forward A punch, after that short hop and press A, to finish up the combos its up to you.
Try to grab alot and do smash attacks to do some serious combos, if you want more combos just ask.
And mario-man for luigi this is real is easy but u are not a luigi user. Sorry for not explaining well, right after you press down A, immidiately tap the control up and keep on pressing B several times until you have reach it's maximum height. Let me ask u first, have u done this b4?
No one ever told me too, so no I haven't.

I just tried it and it didn't seem to work. Someone said that if you reach max height, you should be able to do your second jump before landing. I was not able to.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Okay, this is what happens when unknowns make advice threads.

1: Using the control stick to DI up is only part of it. You also should be getting maximum height.

2: To do the full down B, just tap it as fast as you can. I don't know the specific number of times, but try this.

Go to FoD, and just practice your Down-B recovery by doing it below the center platform. When you get maximum height, you should be able to land on the central platform.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Okay, this is what happens when unknowns make advice threads.

1: Using the control stick to DI up is only part of it. You also should be getting maximum height.

2: To do the full down B, just tap it as fast as you can. I don't know the specific number of times, but try this.

Go to FoD, and just practice your Down-B recovery by doing it below the center platform. When you get maximum height, you should be able to land on the central platform.
Thanks yet again, Eggz. You rule!!!

Eggz

Smash Hero
No problem, I love to help/aquire fanboys.

To the creator of this thread, keep giving advice. I'll come in and make sure your not giving advice that is...wrong. So dont be discouraged, I'm just making sure the little n00blets mature into amateur-pros properly.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Oh... I can aid a bit. I believe you need to tap B about 12-13 times a second to reach max height. You can get an idea of how high you can get in training mode by slowing the speed down. Also, move the control stick left or right when rising to gain a little horizontal distance. It's not much but everything counts...I've been tapping that button for a long as I can remember and have been saved by it a number of times.

Just needed to point it out; Eggz will keep an eye on this thread.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
I would drop in and give advice, but I ain't no pro. And Cape would give advice, 'cept he doesn't come in that often. And he's "retired." :laugh:

Basically (according to SuperDoodleMan's Frame Data) you need to press the B button AT LEAST 8 times per second in order to break even in height. Gaining height obviously requires that you press B 9 or more times per second. Firebomb's estimate of 12-13 times for maximum height sounds about right.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Hello. I use Dr sometimes. Do you know any good combos I could use? I only really know throw down and f smash. I use him becasue my friend uses fox and falco all of the time.

Thanks

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I heard that mario can do a walljump after he does his up b move, but I cant seem to do this at all, how do you do it?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Here I come again.

You can do walljump after an UP B, but only under the following conditions.

1: You start your up B while hugging the stage
2: You end your up B on a completely flat area (The only legal stages this is possible at, I believe, are FD and Yoshi's story.)
3: You press back at the very top of your up B, basically when it ends.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Hey Eggz, I've watched your vids over and over, especially Up Air'd Blind. It's so inspirational to me. When are you going to make the full version? I can't wait to see it!!!
Also nice to know that you can wall jump after upB. That could be very useful.

P.S. I've almost got max height on the downB. I can get him to go up to the knees on the middle platform of FoD. I'm training my hand muscles to tap faster. lol lol

Knuder967

Smash Rookie
This is going to sound noob like but, whenever I use my meteor smash to kill someone I kill myself.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Easily solved. Either start making sure that they are higher up so that you can recover more easily, or hit them right when they're at the edge of the stage.

I had the same problem!!! lol

Knuder967

Smash Rookie
Thx lol. I meteor mash like crazy but, I'm lucky cause I'll do one player and kill them or I'll get ahead of them in stock on a match.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Here are the ways you can surive using fair off the edge:

1: Short hop fair (no fast fall)
2: Full jumped fair (fast fall possible)
3: Full jumped fair, second jumped fair (no fast fall)

I suggest...better edgeguarding moves. LoL.

Gimpy is making a crew combo video which I will be in. So keep an eye out for that next month. I also won' t be making my own combo video until later next month. Wak is gonna make a vid of my Marth and Fox though.

Soooo
Later this month to early next month: Ssssp! Combo video featuring
Ka Master
Tori
Silent Wolf
Bladewise
Eggz
RC
Zeru
Gimpyfish
Later next month:
A combo video of my Mario, released and edited by me
A combo video of my Fox and Marth, and Wak's Fox and Mario, released and edited by Wak.

Yeah, theres a good update I guess.

Thanks for the compliment btw Mario man. Much <3s for my Mario bretheren. Especially maelstrom. He is one sexy bebbeh kittahn

it seems like Eggz runs this thread. Do you guys want me to turn it over to him? SO people know who they're expecting an answer from?

I can't give it to both of you. It's a tricky process for just one controller. 2 is impossible. You can't both have the same post.

Eggz

Smash Hero
O.o Both of us have informed like collectively the entire Mario community.

Just make the thread title Eggz+Maelstrom advice thread.

Maelstrom gives better advice than me, but im on more often. We are the ultimate duo >>

Also Otto, we should do a 2v2 crew battle bracket one day. Where me and you are the crew.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
...On 2nd thought, I like invading threads.

I'd like to give out advice, but I suppose it's better off in their capable hands. I'm better with basic info like the rising tornado, and such, but not so much with combos. If there's ever a lack of adviors, I'll be...around...

Eggz

Smash Hero
How about everyone can try to help eachother out, and if I see a problem, I'll give a correct answer. Or if something isn't informative enough, I'll expand on it.

Top Bottom