• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Way to Make People to Stick Around in For Glory

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I had my original mii as my main mii. I go often in FG, but a lot of people leave without even playing me. They get in the match and leave.

If this happens to you to, and you just want to play goddamn Smash, do not fret. For there is a simple solution.

Switch your main mii to a female.

People stick around for days. No more waiting through 3-4 people for SOMEONE to play you.

And look amazingly cute while doing so.

Warning: Psychological effects of your opponent not wanting to hit a girl may result

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Or you can just use a Japanese mii. Now everyone will want to fight you to prove how mlg pro they are!

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Or you can just use a Japanese mii. Now everyone will want to fight you to prove how mlg pro they are!
That is a good one. Alternatively naming yourself "Mango" and "Hungrybox" might work.

But do they have Japanese characters in the English version?

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Or fake being a famous YouTuber and then laugh at their disappointment when they go to that person's channel and can't find a video with them in it.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
This is actually genius.

link2702

Smash Champion
actually that'd just make me more likely to leave. When I see japanese characters in a players name, I leave immediately. more than half the matches i ever got in both the 3DS and wii U with japanese players had extreme amounts of lag. I got tired of it so i just got in the habit of leaving as soon as I see the japanese name.

IDC how good their connection is, or how good mine is, when you're playing against someone overseas, the chance of lag greatly increases.

After i started leaving japanese players as soon as i saw em enter, I gladly have not had but maybe a small handful(can count the matches on one hand) of laggy matches on wii u, AND 3DS combined.

Last edited:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I've actually had this happen often, where someone enters and immediately leaves. I've been wondering why that is. My initial thoughts were that people didn't wanna face someone with brackets in the name (I use [SB] to signify my activity on Smashboards). Then, I saw it happen more and more often but only when the people that entered had Japanese names so I thought they were all having the same idea as link2702 where they'd leave expecting lag. Anyone know why so many people enter and leave immediately? Interesting ideas to potentially stop that from happening though guys.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
No. They'll quit because they don't want to sit through a laggy match. I exit out of the lobby if I see a Japanese or Spanish name because I just don't have the time for that.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
No. They'll quit because they don't want to sit through a laggy match. I exit out of the lobby if I see a Japanese or Spanish name because I just don't have the time for that.
Am I the only one who notices generally less lag for Japanese players? They seem to consistently have much better internet and also manage to play better GENERALLY. It's a win/win for me man.

HiddenKitsune

Smash Cadet
NNID
CosmicCucco
3DS FC
4639-9331-4635
Am I the only one who notices generally less lag for Japanese players? They seem to consistently have much better internet and also manage to play better GENERALLY. It's a win/win for me man.
I've had a record 2 lagless (ish) matches with a Japanese player on 3ds FG. On WiiU also. Japanese systems in US or other countries is also something that can happen.

_gold_

Smash Master
It doesn't really bother me all that much. All I want is crystal clear matches with no lag.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I've had a record 2 lagless (ish) matches with a Japanese player on 3ds FG. On WiiU also. Japanese systems in US or other countries is also something that can happen.
The thing is most quality of Internet to the eastern side of the world have companies with better cables (fiber optics), network infrastructure and standards. So seeing players from Japan, China, and South Korea tend to be a lot smoother for them (still with lag when it's across seas, but not as bad during Brawl times since Nintendo is improving their network around the world). On the western side of the global, we still with too many companies divided on what cables should be utilized for certain countries, mainly America. For the most part, it's just a huge mixture of fiber optics, coax, and other copper wires cables that just slows down connections and causes problems. The low quality and standards from these companies are pretty poor as well. So our connections to eastern players will be a little bit better but quite atrocious for them, hence their mindless leave room practices. Even worse depending on the geological placement of where people live at, so lag is not entirely on our companies' incompetence with network infrastructure.

Last edited:

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
I only leave from games with japanese names, but even then i'll play against some of them cause occasionally the lag wont even be noticeable. I feel bad sometimes cause I think 'what if everyone leaves this person's games and they never have anyone to play against =/'

Top Bottom