• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing New Roy Player! "Lagwars"

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
This link here brings you to a brand new Roy combo video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS9-1SVv1eA

Roy as we know is not that good but this player seems to have came out of nowhere! I believe more players like him can unlock Roy's true potential. Lunchables contacted us at the Roy discord about this video and I was so happy that this video was shared. Sethlon commented on the video as well!

Tell us what you think down in the thread.

The Leaf

Smash Rookie
Combo videos don't really make a player (or character good). Its a sick combo video, but that doesn't make him an "amazing new player". Guy's been playing for a year and a half, and notice that almost every combo was on a fast faller save for a couple on Puff (that were pretty obviously put in for character diversity, the combos were only aight). Roy won't make it in the meta, and although I do think he has SOME potential, it is not enough to make him as big of a deal as say Yoshi with aMSa. Roy's fun tho, if not frustrating af.

It's a cool video, but overall means almost nothing in terms of Roy's metagame. Pretty much all of this stuff was previously explored back in 2012 and earlier.

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Combo videos don't really make a player (or character good). Its a sick combo video, but that doesn't make him an "amazing new player". Guy's been playing for a year and a half, and notice that almost every combo was on a fast faller save for a couple on Puff (that were pretty obviously put in for character diversity, the combos were only aight). Roy won't make it in the meta, and although I do think he has SOME potential, it is not enough to make him as big of a deal as say Yoshi with aMSa. Roy's fun tho, if not frustrating af.

It's a cool video, but overall means almost nothing in terms of Roy's metagame. Pretty much all of this stuff was previously explored back in 2012 and earlier.
I just see potential in this player. If I could change the title of this thread I would.

Last edited:
Top Bottom