• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amateur characters that amateurs play

DingDogg

Smash Rookie
I have a big issue with this game and that is people who play Marth and Falco, they are stupid in their decision to like these characters.

Why?

Because I am playing Fox and I'm also a new Smash player that has been playing for 1 month approximately.
And when I play against my good mate he plays Falco or Marth all the time, and the problem I have with Falco is that,

HIS LASERS INTERUPT ALL OF MY MOVEMENT, while I am still trying to focus on pulling of every short hop and SHFFL. My **** gets canceled because of this amateur character.

He is easy to short hop with, his laser adds another obstacle for the opponent to keep in mind. And since I am already new this additional laser **** makes me micro freeze constantly.
He is a character for amateurs, easy to get a hold of and he is stupid.

And Marth, the problem with Marth is his damn range. And it is fine but it's just his nooby grab that makes me throw the controller at my dogs.

Meanwhile Fox does not have any cheesy gimmicks. He is a real manly character, and his voice acting is better than that beta Marth and damned Falco.

What is your guys opinions?

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
If you think they're too good for the amount of skill needed to play them well, why not use them too if you're losing to them?

Also, you have no idea that Peach is the easiest by far at tournament entry level. You're going to hate CC dsmashes, turnips, and floats

Marth's problem in almost all of his moves is the amount of cool down in them. It's a lot. And he learns forward during the cool down. His attacks only last like 4 or 5 frames, so if he misses, which is easier than you think, he'll be begging to get punished. Even with his super long grab, it still loses the attack>grab>shield>attack weapon triangle

If you get up close to Falco, he can't safely laser you. You could simply full jump over them

Why mention voice acting?

DingDogg

Smash Rookie
If you think they're too good for the amount of skill needed to play them well, why not use them too if you're losing to them?

Also, you have no idea that Peach is the easiest by far at tournament entry level. You're going to hate CC dsmashes, turnips, and floats

Marth's problem in almost all of his moves is the amount of cool down in them. It's a lot. And he learns forward during the cool down. His attacks only last like 4 or 5 frames, so if he misses, which is easier than you think, he'll be begging to get punished. Even with his super long grab, it still loses the attack>grab>shield>attack weapon triangle

If you get up close to Falco, he can't safely laser you. You could simply full jump over them

Why mention voice acting?
I like Fox because he is much cooler, and the others are amateur characters.
Fox and Mario has cool voices, and I know you agree with me.

Thanks for your advice on my melee journey. And you're lucky you I have a good day or I would 1v1 you and 4 stock you with my Fox.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
I like Fox because he is much cooler, and the others are amateur characters.
Fox and Mario has cool voices, and I know you agree with me.

Thanks for your advice on my melee journey. And you're lucky you I have a good day or I would 1v1 you and 4 stock you with my Fox.
I don't have any opinions about characters' voice actors. I just asked you why you pointed out something that seemed unrelated

I don't do online play

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this post OP i am jealous of you fox players i play falco because fox is too fast for me
i cant keep up with him and i mess up my wavedashes everytime because i press the buttons too slow
and neutral is hard for me so playing fox is too hard, much harder than falco when i can just press :GCY: :GCB: and win neutral
please don't bulli me OP I don't have the fox hands or the fox instinct
i wish i could play fox but daddy sakurai gave us flaco for us less dextrous players so i am happy
but i can help you by telling you the secret counter to falco; don't tell anyone else tho
:GCRT:

DingDogg

Smash Rookie
I agree with this post OP i am jealous of you fox players i play falco because fox is too fast for me
i cant keep up with him and i mess up my wavedashes everytime because i press the buttons too slow
and neutral is hard for me so playing fox is too hard, much harder than falco when i can just press :GCY::GCB: and win neutral
please don't bulli me OP I don't have the fox hands or the fox instinct
i wish i could play fox but daddy sakurai gave us flaco for us less dextrous players so i am happy
but i can help you by telling you the secret counter to falco; don't tell anyone else tho
:GCRT:
You just gotta practice when u microfreeze, it's like when I started playing SC2 you just have to organize ur thoughts and keep mashing the most logical button at that point in time. Then your brain will learn by it self. Noob

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I have a big issue with this game and that is people who play Marth and Falco, they are stupid in their decision to like these characters.

Why?

Because I am playing Fox and I'm also a new Smash player that has been playing for 1 month approximately.
If you've been playing for just 1 month you should expect to get destroyed by most people, not the other way around.

HIS LASERS INTERUPT ALL OF MY MOVEMENT, while I am still trying to focus on pulling of every short hop and SHFFL. My **** gets canceled because of this amateur character.
Don't pick FD all the time, just jump over his lasers and aerial over him if he approaches. Use platforms, get good at power shielding. Watch leffen vs mango, listen to leffen talk about the match up.

He is easy to short hop with, his laser adds another obstacle for the opponent to keep in mind. And since I am already new this additional laser **** makes me micro freeze constantly.
Once you get good you'll begin to think falco is really hard to play and win at higher levels of play and may even wonder if he still should be top tier.

And Marth, the problem with Marth is his damn range. And it is fine but it's just his nooby grab that makes me throw the controller at my dogs.
If you feel like he's fishing for grabs, use the most broken anti defense play fox has: lasers.

Meanwhile Fox does not have any cheesy gimmicks. He is a real manly character, and his voice acting is better than that beta Marth and damned Falco.
Fox has tons of ways of cheesing almost any character. You need to watch more good quality melee tbh.

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
THIS IS EITHER A TROLL POST OR AN EXTREMELY IGNORANT ATTITUDE. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF PEOPLE SAID THAT YOU'RE STUPID FOR YOUR DECISION TO LIKE FOX?
Why?

And when I play against my good mate he plays Falco or Marth all the time, and the problem I have with Falco is that,

POWER SHIELD, USE PLATFORMS, WAVEDASH, REFLECTOR, LASER BACK. FALCO ISN'T AN AMATEUR CHARACTER.

IF YOU PLAY THE GAME AT LOW/MID LEVEL EVERY CHARACTER IS EASY TO SHORT HOP WITH. IT'S THE FIRST "ADVANCED TECH" YOU LEARN IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL IT ADVANCED. IF YOU ARE GETTING HIT TOO FREQUENTLY WITH FALCO LASERS YOU LIKELY AREN'T APPROACHING SAFELY.
HIGH LEVEL FALCO IS PRETTY COMPLICATED. YOU'RE SIMPLY WRONG IF YOU THINK FALCO IS FOR AMATEURS.

YES MARTH'S GRAB RANGE IS PRETTY RIDICULOUS. IF YOU'RE GETTING GRABBED IT'S YOUR FAULT NOT A CHARACTER'S. YOU NEED TO SPACE YOURSELF BETTER. MARTH HAS NO PROJECTILES AND FOX DOES, YOU CAN USE THAT AMONG OTHER THINGS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. ALSO, DON'T HURT YOUR CONTROLLERS OR YOUR DOGGO.

SHINE SPIKES, LASER CAMPING, UP THROW TO UP AIR, INVINCIBLE LEDGE DASH, MULTISHINE, SHINE OUT OF SHIELD.

Fox is the best character in the game. I think Falco and Marth are his two hardest match-ups. With that said I think both MU's are relatively even. Keep practicing and watch high level gameplay of the MU's. It's not too hard to find Fox vs Falco/Marth gameplay. Leffen vs Mang0 is high quality Fox vs Falco. There's also a plethora of Mang0/Ginger/Westballz matches to see what the Falcos are doing. You can check M2K, Zain, PewPewU matches to see the Marths. There are tons of high level Fox players to watch who stream such as Aramda, Mang0, Leffen, Lucky, SFat, and a plethora of tournament VoD's to study. There are also several youtube tutorials that can teach you beginner through advanced techniques that you can practice and add into your gameplay.

Last edited:

Milky2Milk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydgen29

Why?

Don’t be salty XD

Top Bottom