• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amaterasu, Now is the time. We have never needed your power more: Amaterasu for SSB Ultimate

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You bet I do. She feel like she's definitely more possible than ever.
Joker proves that it is possible for a 3rd party company to have more than 2 franchises. Her biggest competition are Dante, Phoenix Wright, and Monster Hunter. The former has no connections to Nintendo.

Last edited:

SC~Zer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2148-8147-3839
Switch FC
SW 6141-1246-5923
We'll have to wait and see. Though Okami isn't the only game to use Amaterasu in their games. Besides I believe it was copyrighted for the title of a certain game and not a character (though I could be wrong. I'm not entirely sure on how copyright works).
Welp, I tried to advocate this post again by making a new one, admin shut me down. (I just signed up for this site! :( and that was my first post too )
Joker is in for DLC now, so there's a possiblity that Ammy will get in.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Aye, add me to that support list.

She's no longer my most wanted, but I desperately want her in Smash, she'd be fantastic.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
With Joker being announced, I think Amaterasu has a real chance (especially since Okami HD was released on the Switch a couple of months ago). Okami might have a bright future.

spinalwolf spinalwolf Might be time to renovate thee thread. And add me as a supporter.

Edit: https://smashboards.com/threads/goddess-amaterasu-needs-your-faith.324534/ A lot of useful stuff for the first post, including a color palate

Edit 2: Some support icons as well

by lanky_gunner
1544417223789.png

by Gimj
1544417325453.png

Edit 3: Some good images for the OP thread
1544417603172.png

1544417574854.png

1544417671846.png

Edit 4: Smash series icons

Attachments

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Definitely add me to the support list! I really hope she can be in Smash, any iteration is fine with me. Now's as good a time as ever, especially with the new reveal. We need more quadrupeds, too!!

Also, I tweaked the Duck Hunt skin a little. Not perfect, but I think the red around the eyes would look nicer with just the lower stripe, and the arm having a small spiral reminiscent of Ammy's legs. The duck and dog's head seemed too dark so I brightened them a little too. Let me know if you like it :)

ammy dh.png

ChaosSharpedo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosSharpedo
Switch FC
SW-8187-0600-4038
I still think Amaterasu has a decent chance for DLC, but as mentioned by RileyXY1 RileyXY1 she would have to compete for the spot with other Capcom characters like Dante, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, and a Resident Evil Character. She is my most wanted character and it would be cool to have her in the same game as Bayonetta since they were both created by Hideki Kamiya. The original post should be edited as mentioned by TempahRelapse TempahRelapse to include the supporter list, moveset ideas, palette swap ideas, support icons, and other fanart of Ammy. It would also be cool if someone could design a Amaterasu Copy Ability for Kirby, like Noipoi Noipoi designed for Joker which is really well done. Also a thread on the smashbros reddit had Ammy as the 28th most requested DLC fighter, even above Dante at 36th place but placing below Phoenix & Monster Hunter. One of the most liked comments was someone saying "God I hope Amaterasu gets in" with a bunch of people replying and saying how much they want her.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a5bmar/reminder_that_joker_was_this_subs_49th_top_pick/

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still think Amaterasu has a decent chance for DLC, but as mentioned by RileyXY1 RileyXY1 she would have to compete for the spot with other Capcom characters like Dante, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, and a Resident Evil Character. She is my most wanted character and it would be cool to have her in the same game as Bayonetta since they were both created by Hideki Kamiya. The original post should be edited as mentioned by TempahRelapse TempahRelapse to include the supporter list, moveset ideas, palette swap ideas, support icons, and other fanart of Ammy. It would also be cool if someone could design a Amaterasu Copy Ability for Kirby, like Noipoi Noipoi designed for Joker which is really well done. Also a thread on the smashbros reddit had Ammy as the 28th most requested DLC fighter, even above Dante at 36th place but placing below Phoenix & Monster Hunter. One of the most liked comments was someone saying "God I hope Amaterasu gets in" with a bunch of people replying and saying how much they want her.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a5bmar/reminder_that_joker_was_this_subs_49th_top_pick/
On it, chief.

SC~Zer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2148-8147-3839
Switch FC
SW 6141-1246-5923
With Joker being announced, I think Amaterasu has a real chance (especially since Okami HD was released on the Switch a couple of months ago). Okami might have a bright future.

spinalwolf spinalwolf Might be time to renovate thee thread. And add me as a supporter.

Edit: https://smashboards.com/threads/goddess-amaterasu-needs-your-faith.324534/ A lot of useful stuff for the first post, including a color palate

Edit 2: Some support icons as well

by lanky_gunner
View attachment 182465

by Gimj
View attachment 182466

Edit 3: Some good images for the OP thread
View attachment 182468

Edit 4: Smash series icons
So... how do you do the icons...? I'm still pretty new here myself.

SC~Zer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2148-8147-3839
Switch FC
SW 6141-1246-5923
Do you mean below my post? You go into settings (by clicking your name in the top left corner), and click 'signature'. Then copy and paste photos
Alright, thanks.
So...back to business...
To introduce new people into Okami and supporting our wolf god Amaterasu.
We need a way to introduce people the game.
And with this newer gen of gamers, they'd be interested in it, though other people will shoot Okami down saying its a Zelda knockoff.
Ōkami was inspired by Zelda but has a different point. To restore the environment/nature.
And sure the outdatedness of reading text from dialogue by character interactions.
But it has a high score for a reason.
Plus remasters on all platforms so there is no excuse to NOT play Ōkami.

Summary: Amaterasu, Ammy, or Ōkami is a wolf that has a versatile moveset that uses powers and or different weapons on her/his back.
Ammy is not from a fighting game, but a Zelda inspired action adventure game about mythological Japan, which has been made into a wasteland by demons, and only the white wolf, Ammy can restore Nippon(Japan) to its former peace and revive its vegetation.

Last edited:

SC~Zer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2148-8147-3839
Switch FC
SW 6141-1246-5923
Also the moveset said in Ssb4 is too overly complex, possibly overdoing it.
Amaterasu is indeed nature, but not all that much.

My planned/ ideas for moveset...

The effects would be good in Ultimate since they used the same treatment with Bayonetta in Ssb4.
To give some examples, the double jump with leaves/red flowers and grass appearing when Ammy lands, then as walking/running a flower/ grass trail like the effects in Ōkami.

Neutrals:
Would be use of reflector/mirror, possibly glave/sword, or beads/whip/rosaries.
Dash attack would be glave/sword.

Airs :
Neutral Air: is the move Holy Eagle, acquired in the dojo
Side: Air a single horizontal slice downward.(like aerial combat in game)
Down Air: <undecided, coming soon!>

Smash attacks:
F-Smash: <Power Slash>
<undecided, coming soon!>

Tilts: <undecided, coming soon!>

Specials: I either feel like Ammy's specials or Smashes should incorporate
her/his brush techniques...so here's what some of them should be...

Power Slash: Either a Side Smash or Side special, a horizontal brushstroke appears on screen when the attack is implemented.

Cherry bomb: Neutral Special, Slow to call up, but good launch power.
The cherry bomb can act slightly as a shield, a bit of a slow fuse but when given enough hits, explodes. (Be warned, if on not flat stages such as Battlefield, and Ammy is underneath one of the side platforms than the bomb will land on a platform instead!)
Some other powers include...
Inferno, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, and Galestorm.
Vine is used either for grabs or Up special.

Final Smash: Sunrise
Like Bayonetta, Slow Time/ Mist will appear. Instead of filling a gauge, Ammy can quickly hit some opponents, which will mark them, and lead into this segment:
Endgame Ammy appears and lightly howls, calling upon the sun, which takes up the whole screen will have a flame effect, then giving blizzard at the end which breaks quickly, insta kill on 100%, but anything lower will give a 40% or 50%. Heck even 30% if the opponent is at 0%.

Now the fun part...

Taunts

Side Taunt: Digs a hole that disappears after a little bit. (Can entrap foes)
Down taunt: Uses Bloom or a yawn and curl up here.
Up Taunt: A tree pops up behind Ammy, then disappears (this does no damage)

Entrance: From a small bloom of flowers, or a ball of light. (The ball of light reminiscent if you ever get a Game Over in Ōkami.)

Idle stance/animation: goes to when not in battle and looks around for a bit. (Being in the overworld in Ōkami)
Ready stance/animation: (Battle stance when entered a demon scroll in Ōkami.)

Dodges: Fleetfoot, another move learned in the dojo where Ammy spins to the side or flips backwards

Victory screens:
A victory howl when beaten a boss with the same fanfare music (You can see Issun on the tip of her nose)
Ammy yawning and then curling up into a ball, with Issun bouncing around her/him.

Skins:
I do not have a collection of pictures, but here are the ideas, also using some from a previous post.
Normal: How she looks in at the beginning of Okami
Haybusa
/CanineWarriorChu
Marvel Vs Capcom has done this skin I think.
The Karmic Transformer (8) , which her markings can also be either green, or darker gray so that it stands out from the greenish/gray color palate
The Karmic Transformer (7)
/Shiranui,
basically the markings of end game Ammy.
Negative Color Palate,
Dark Ammy, replace the white in her coat, then add the red more bright and glowy.
This is all mostly what I've collected over seeing Marvel Vs Capcom gameplay and just playing Ōkami itself.
(Beaten the Ps2 Version and Wii Version many times.)
Though, the nature effects in the other post, we could use as like Lucario's damage boost at high percents.
Drop down what y'all think.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Also the moveset said in Ssb4 is too overly complex, possibly overdoing it.
Amaterasu is indeed nature, but not all that much.

My planned/ ideas for moveset...

The effects would be good in Ultimate since they used the same treatment with Bayonetta in Ssb4.
To give some examples, the double jump with leaves/red flowers and grass appearing when Ammy lands, then as walking/running a flower/ grass trail like the effects in Ōkami.

Neutrals:
Would be use of reflector/mirror, possibly glave/sword, or beads/whip/rosaries.
Dash attack would be glave/sword.

Airs :
Neutral Air: is the move Holy Eagle, acquired in the dojo
Side: Air a single horizontal slice downward.(like aerial combat in game)
Down Air: <undecided, coming soon!>

Smash attacks: <undecided, coming soon!>

Tilts: <undecided, coming soon!>

Specials: I either feel like Ammy's specials or Smashes should incorporate
her/his brush techniques...so here's what some of them should be...

Power Slash: Either a Side Smash or Side special, a horizontal brushstroke appears on screen when the attack is implemented.

Cherry bomb: Neutral Special, Slow to call up, but good launch power.
The cherry bomb can act slightly as a shield, a bit of a slow fuse but when given enough hits, explodes. (Be warned, if on not flat stages such as Battlefield, and Ammy is underneath one of the side platforms than the bomb will land on a platform instead!)
Some other powers include...
Inferno, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, and Galestorm.
Vine is used either for grabs or Up special.

Final Smash: Sunrise
Like Bayonetta, Slow Time/ Mist will appear. Instead of filling a gauge, Ammy can quickly hit some opponents, which will mark them, and lead into this segment:
Endgame Ammy appears and lightly howls, calling upon the sun, which takes up the whole screen will have a flame effect, then giving blizzard at the end which breaks quickly, insta kill on 100%, but anything lower will give a 40% or 50%. Heck even 30% if the opponent is at 0%.

Now the fun part...

Taunts

Side Taunt: Digs a hole that disappears after a little bit. (Can entrap foes)
Down taunt: Uses Bloom or a yawn and curl up here.
Up Taunt: A tree pops up behind Ammy, then disappears (this does no damage)

Entrance: From a small bloom of flowers, or a ball of light. (The ball of light reminiscent if you ever get a Game Over in Ōkami.)

Idle stance/animation: goes to when not in battle and looks around for a bit. (Being in the overworld in Ōkami)
Ready stance/animation: (Battle stance when entered a demon scroll in Ōkami.)

Dodges: Fleetfoot, another move learned in the dojo where Ammy spins to the side or flips backwards

Victory screens:
A victory howl when beaten a boss with the same fanfare music (You can see Issun on the tip of her nose)
Ammy yawning and then curling up into a ball, with Issun bouncing around her/him.

This is all mostly what I've collected over seeing Marvel Vs Capcom gameplay and just playing Ōkami itself.
(Beaten the Ps2 Version and Wii Version many times.)
Though, the nature effects in the other post, we could use as like Lucario's damage boost at high percents.
Drop down what y'all think.
I think if anything, Power Slash would be best suited for Smash attacks. Like, a simple Power Slash in front of her for the F-Smash, and so on.
Dash attack I gotta disagree with you on, her headbutt is far better suited for that, considering that it's a move that she can actually do in-game while running.
Similarly, I don't think that the Cherry Bomb would work as a Neutral Special, considering that all other bomb moves in the game are assigned to Down Special, which I think should also be the case here.
For the forward aerial, do you mean the simple aerial attack with the mirror? Because honestly, that's a move better suited for N-Air. Not to mention that it would be visually way too similar to Holy Eagle. For F-Air, I think that the simple kick Ammy does when she's out of ink in-game would work better.

Also, a more minor thing: What's up with you calling Ammy "him/her"? You do know that she's pretty explicitly female in canon?

SC~Zer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2148-8147-3839
Switch FC
SW 6141-1246-5923
I think if anything, Power Slash would be best suited for Smash attacks. Like, a simple Power Slash in front of her for the F-Smash, and so on.
Dash attack I gotta disagree with you on, her headbutt is far better suited for that, considering that it's a move that she can actually do in-game while running.
Similarly, I don't think that the Cherry Bomb would work as a Neutral Special, considering that all other bomb moves in the game are assigned to Down Special, which I think should also be the case here.
For the forward aerial, do you mean the simple aerial attack with the mirror? Because honestly, that's a move better suited for N-Air. Not to mention that it would be visually way too similar to Holy Eagle. For F-Air, I think that the simple kick Ammy does when she's out of ink in-game would work better.

Also, a more minor thing: What's up with you calling Ammy "him/her"? You do know that she's pretty explicitly female in canon?
Thank you for the feedback!
As for the minor thing, I just didn't know since most people thought Ammy was a he at the time, so I stuck with the notion, though I did not personally agree with it.
And YES! Her Power Slash would be her F-Smash! I just wasn't so sure based off of other attacks, and a bit of a lack of creativity.
As for Cherry Bomb, I see your concern. It would be odd for Link mains who picks Ammy up, and has Bomb on Neutral.
Though, what do you suppose should be done for Neutral Special ?
I was also thinking that the headbutt move in game would be her last pummel animation for grabs to the side.
Here's why:
The variety that she has with her weaponry is 3 types so incorporating at least one of them for the beads, glaves, and reflectors would be good to have in her moveset. The reflector would be what is mainly used, so, maybe using the rosary/beads as either a Neutral Special because of her known to shot the beads if equipped as a sub weapon or as the grab would be efficient since of it being a whip.
Marvel Vs Capcom has done this in her moveset.

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
I'm absolutely loving this activity and new supporters in this thread. Gives me even more hope of our sun goddess getting in! Thanks for joining the thread and showing your support guys! ^^ I'm gonna start being more active and keeping up with this thread for now on.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’d like to be added as a supporter. I think she’d be neat, and I really love Okami.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Thank you for the feedback!
As for the minor thing, I just didn't know since most people thought Ammy was a he at the time, so I stuck with the notion, though I did not personally agree with it.
And YES! Her Power Slash would be her F-Smash! I just wasn't so sure based off of other attacks, and a bit of a lack of creativity.
As for Cherry Bomb, I see your concern. It would be odd for Link mains who picks Ammy up, and has Bomb on Neutral.
Though, what do you suppose should be done for Neutral Special ?
I was also thinking that the headbutt move in game would be her last pummel animation for grabs to the side.
Here's why:
The variety that she has with her weaponry is 3 types so incorporating at least one of them for the beads, glaves, and reflectors would be good to have in her moveset. The reflector would be what is mainly used, so, maybe using the rosary/beads as either a Neutral Special because of her known to shot the beads if equipped as a sub weapon or as the grab would be efficient since of it being a whip.
Marvel Vs Capcom has done this in her moveset.
I like your moveset. The way I was thinking Ammy's Specials/Moveset would work, is that she could be Smash's first Weapon Stance Character She'd be like Pokémon Trainer, but with weapons. For the Inklings you hold Shield and B to reload ink, but for Ammy you hold Shield, and B in order to switch weapons.
Tilts, Smash Attacks, aerials, and B Neutral would be changed depending on which of the three Divine Instruments you have on, but all other Specials and throws, stays the same:

Side-B Galestorm it would act like Robin's flurry strike, cutting up opponents in range, while pushing them back with a wind box. The move uses a lot of ink, and longer you use it the more ink you use. This move also has the added effect of blowing away fire moves, and items, with said items being treated as debris that hits opponents along the way. This move has great synergy with...

Down-B Cherry Bomb: Uses second to least amount of ink, and like you said it can act like shield, and she can roll it around the stage, stand on top of it and roll it, or even hit it to send it flying. It can either detonate with enough time passed... or when it hits a target with enough momentum. That's where Galestorm comes in.

Up-B Vine, self explanatory for the most part, she can also use it to attach herself to opponents, reel herself in and tackles them. Caution enemies can break free of the Vine before she reaches them at lower percent's. It uses the least ink out of all the Specials moves, but the vines distance is determined by the amount of ink you have left. So don't waste it by spamming special moves

Depending on which weapon is equipped, Ammy can use a different Neutral B move, as well as playstyle:

Reflector/Celestial Brush - Pro: uses the reflectors jabs ,tilts and aerials, along with the Celestial Brush's B Special, and Smash attacks. Good balance along with great range, speed, and power.
Con: with the Celestial Brush being used for Smash attacks this form will potentially run out of ink quicker than any other form (ink automatically recharges like in the game)

Neutral B - Celestial Brush: Four Seasons - Like Shulk's B Special, Ammy can choose an Art to use, except her is actual art. She can choose one out of 4 Arts with each art using different amounts of ink:
Waterspout - Uses the least ink (tied with Vine) launches a horizontal stream of water that damages opponents, and pushes them back slightly. Can be continuously used until all ink is finished

Inferno - Uses more ink than Waterspout, release a flamethrower onto the enemy. Can be used non-stop until you run out of ink.

Blizzard - Uses more ink than Inferno, Ammy release a short ranged blizzard around her entire body, freezing enemies solid at higher percent's. The move will last as long as the ink does.

Thunderbolt - Uses 3/4 of Ammy's ink creates a powerful lightning bolt that homes onto the location of the nearest enemy smiting them full force from above. This move can zap through platforms and will Meteor Smash foes, difficult but far from impossible to avoid, great for edge guarding, but leaves Ammy dangerously low on ink.

Side and Down Smash uses the Power Slash technique, Up Smash uses the Bloom technique to sprout a tree.

Rosary Beads - Pro: a long range keep away playstyle, with whips and high speed projectiles that rack up damage quick.
Con: It has the least amount of launching power of the three weapons, and whips are only slightly faster than Simon's/Richter's own leaving Ammy open for a counterattack if enemies are close enough.

B Special - Rosary bullets: Fast and powerful bullets barrages the foe.

Glaives - Pro: Powerful Mid range attacks with the highest damage output out of Al the weapons
Con: Attacks are slow, making them easily blocked or avoided if you don't Bait and Punish.

B - Special: Charge the Glaives, and strike with a devastating overhead slash, can jump and move around while charging.

wildlands

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7568-7625-6294

KronoXIV

Smash Rookie
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1074883715048697857?s=19

This might be our chance. It's either not having any affect on Smash or it's for some sort of wave 2. Either way, it doesn't hurt to vote. So please do.

EDIT: The poll has since been removed, though originally it was a poll for which character you would like in Smash. The characters were Viewtiful Joe, Wonder Red, Dante, and of course Amaterasu. At the time of the deletion, Dante was winning however the poll had eleven hours left.

Last edited:

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
What stage would you like to see from Okami. For me it has to be the bamboo grove which I think was in Agata Forest. I forget.

D

Deleted member

It's kind of interesting in a way. Mega Man is a Capcom franchise that was one of the most requested to be in Smash for the longest time, and Street Fighter was widely regarded as the best option for a 2nd Capcom series in the game. But now that we have both of them, there doesn't really seem to be an option as notable as those two for another Capcom series. Closest one seems to be Monster Hunter.

But Okami and it's titular character of Amaterasu is another option. Not feeling many positive things about the likeliness, but if she does get in, I'll be happy.

Count me in as a supporter.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
What stage would you like to see from Okami. For me it has to be the bamboo grove which I think was in Agata Forest. I forget.
I'd personally favour a stage that's either the platform in front of Konohana in Kamiki Village, or the big gate leading to Harami Lake with a view facing Shinshu Field. For the latter, you'd probably have to readjust either the gate's geometry or Shinshu Field's geography, but that kinda thing isn't really unprecedented in Smash. With that kind of stage, you'd actually also get a good view of a whole bunch of landmarks (Konohana, Shinshu's Guardian Sapling, that statue above the cave leading to Kamui, the dojo, and so on), so it'd probably make for the better stage to represent Okami.

D

Deleted member

I am here to support the origin of all that is good and mother to us all.

I've been interested in playing Okami for a while, and I'm glad I made the decision to buy the HD Switch release so far.

D

Deleted member

Funny thing is, I argue against quadrupeds based on having issues with certain things such as items, but...

...playing through Okami, those issues are basically nonexistent with Amaterasu from what I noticed.

Need to lift heavy items? Carry them over the back with the Reflector.
Need to shoot guns? Have Issun pull the trigger.
etc.

The Reflector and the various powers she has also help cover attack issues and variety that other quadrupeds falter in.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Funny thing is, I argue against quadrupeds based on having issues with certain things such as items, but...

...playing through Okami, those issues are basically nonexistent with Amaterasu from what I noticed.

Need to lift heavy items? Carry them over the back with the Reflector.
Need to shoot guns? Have Issun pull the trigger.
etc.

The Reflector and the various powers she has also help cover attack issues and variety that other quadrupeds falter in.
On that note, I find the idea of Spyro just shoving people into his mouth as if they were rocks to be hilarious.

Sco7t

Smash Rookie
Been thinking up a moveset for Ammy lately. Here it is!

Let's start with the fun part, her specials!

Neutral B: Rosary Shot. Tap B to fire single rosary beads. Hold B to charge for a moment before shotgunning multiple rosary beads. If used in the air she hovers until you finish firing. Auto-targets much like Palutena. Single beads would either be solely for damage or cause the opponent to flinch, whereas the shotgun would have high knockback but lesser range. Either way you have a set number of beads, and need to wait for them to recharge. Firing them will effect her rosary attacks.

Up B: Vine. This would be a long range tether, and much like Ivysaurs Up B, it wouldn't put you into freefall if you whiff it. Ammy would stall for a second before drawing a vine (torn between whether this should auto-target or have the player draw the vine), once it hits a ledge/opponent Ammy rockets forwards, either snapping to the ledge, or headbutts and bounces off of her opponent, causing them to flinch. Hitting an opponent will not put you into freefall, but WOULD put you in an excellent position for her Neutral B. If used on the ground you don't bounce off your opponent.

Side B: Galestorm. Ammy conjures up a quick wind storm in front of her. This creates a windbox that pushes back enemies, small projectiles, and items.

Down B: Cherry Bomb. This move can be charged, the longer you hold it down, the bigger the bomb. Only one bomb can be on stage at a time (per player playing Ammy). The bomb drops a set distance in front of Ammy, and explodes if it lands on an enemy. Otherwise the bomb will remain on the stage for x seconds. It can be pushed or blown around, but attacking it causes it to blow up.

Less exciting, but more importantly, her attacks!

Neutral A: A simple one-two-three with her reflector.

Dash Attack: Ammy darts forward, much like her out of combat dash.

F-Tilt: Ammy lashes out with her rosary. Good range, but if you've used up your beads with your Neutral B your range will be lessened accordingly. Only the last hit causes knockback.
U-Tilt: Ammy sweeps her rosary above her, similar to ZSS Up-Smash.
D-Tilt: Ammy twirls the rosary around her. Less range than her F-Tilt, but better for comboing off of.

F-Smash: Ammy charges up a forward glaive swing, sweeping it in a downward arc.
U-Smash: Ammy charges up an upward glaive swing, spinning it above her body.
D-Smash: Ammy charges up a forwards glaive swing, this time sweeping low.

N-Air: Ammy twirls her reflector around her body.
F-Air: Ammy attacks in front of herself with her Rosary.
B-Air: A simple kick behind her.
U-Air: (Credit to P.Kat) Fire erupts from her Solar Flare Reflector before the reflector itself hits the foe upwards (multi-hit move with the last part providing knockback)
D-Air: Ammy spins with her glaive before plummeting downwards. Spikes, but as with all stall-then-fall moves, dangerous to use off stage.

Her grab would involve her biting her opponent. What's fun here is she would be able to then drag her opponents around, much like she drags people around in her game.

Pummel: Ink Bullets. Simple enough, but rapid firing.

F-Throw: Ammy quickly tosses her opponent forward and hits them with a power slash.
B-Throw: Ammy spins quickly and flings her opponent away from her.
U-Throw: (Credit to P.Kat) This would borrow from Ammys reflector counter, she'd grab her opponent, leap high into the air, and piledrive them into the ground! (Izuna drop)
D-Throw: Ammy slams the enemy into the ground and summons a tree, popping them into the air.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Etc.?

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Up B: Vine. This would be a long range tether, and much like Ivysaurs Up B, it wouldn't put you into freefall if you whiff it. Ammy would stall for a second before drawing a vine (torn between whether this should auto-target or have the player draw the vine)
I think it should be auto-target, and the whole draw mechanic should be similar to duck hunt's; a third party off screen person drawing Ammy's moves.
F-Smash: Ammy charges up a forward glaive swing, sweeping it in a downward arc
Power Slash could be a good move to consider here too for F-Smash.
U-Air: ??? Honestly unsure of what this should be
Fire erupts from her Solar Flare Reflector before the reflector itself hits the foe upwards (multi-hit move with the last part providing knockback)
U-Throw: Ammy tosses the enemy above her and pops her reflector up.
I think you're missing a good opportunity to use Izuna Drop.

Other than that, I like the moveset you have.

Others: An Ink mechanic could be something to think about. She could have an ink pot gauge under her icon, Celestial Brush moves uses a certain amount ink, but by holding B after your brush techniques, you can use more ink than necessary to either extend the length and time of her moves (Galestorm), increase the power of moves (Cherry Bomb), or both (Power Slash). But if you run out of ink, your brush moves aren't as effective/or are gone until your ink recharges back over time.

Final Divine instruments/Elemental Bonus: It's no surprise that Sakurai likes to use a characters strongest weapon from their respective game (Corrin's Omega Yato), so Ammy should be able to have her strongest weapons too. So along with her final Divine instruments, she gains an elemental bonus too if her ink pot gauge is full, or more than half. Using Solar Flare moves gives extra fire damage to foes, Tundra Beads moves has a less than decent chance to freeze enemies, and Thunder Edge has a chance to stun enemies or perform an electrified critical hit for major damage and knockback.

Sco7t

Smash Rookie
Izuna drop is the reflector counter, correct? Yeah, that would be way cooler, and is definitely being edited in! I like your idea for her U-Air as well, though I'm not sold on Power Slash for her F-Smash. It'd definitely be cool though, maybe charging it makes for a longer ranged slash.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
New fan here, I recently got the Okami HD Switch port and fell in love with the game. I full-heartedly support the big furball getting in.

I do agree that she needs an ink pot mechanic so that Ammy could have very strong celestial brush specials without them being too op/spammable.

SC~Zer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2148-8147-3839
Switch FC
SW 6141-1246-5923
WOAH. I'm so surprised how much this page is alive!

It's good to see some supporters, welcome aboard!

Thank you for your responses to my idea's and others for pitching in with their's too!!!

As for a current trend, along with the dlc pack, there will be a stage and a couple of songs....

What songs and possibly, what stage....cause that one honestly has me stumped...

SC~Zer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2148-8147-3839
Switch FC
SW 6141-1246-5923
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1074883715048697857?s=19

This might be our chance. It's either not having any affect on Smash or it's for some sort of wave 2. Either way, it doesn't hurt to vote. So please do.

EDIT: The poll has since been removed, though originally it was a poll for which character you would like in Smash. The characters were Viewtiful Joe, Wonder Red, Dante, and of course Amaterasu. At the time of the deletion, Dante was winning however the poll had eleven hours left.
Is there a possible way to look up the results of the poll at all..?

Edit: Also, sorry about me being not so skilled at tags (or like doing 3-4 respond posts at a time! ><), I'm just not online most of the time

Last edited:
Top Bottom