• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A AMA Friday Series feat. Toasterbrains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to the first weekly AMA Friday series featuring the one and only Pyra Pyra . When asking questions, please keep it light. Please limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions. All site rules are in effect. Have fun.

Toaster, I'd wait until most people have posed their questions and then answer in a large reply.

I'll start:

1. What is the genesis of your username, why "Toasterbrains"?
2. Keeping the tradition and memory of Hong Hong alive, Waffles or Pancakes?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Are you more toaster or more brains?
2. Cats or dogs?
3. What is the square root of Pi?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
  1. Who's your personal hottest Smash character?
  2. How many eggs do you prefer to use to egg a house?
  3. Do you miss Hong Hong as much as I do?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
1. Is your brain actually a piece of toast?
2. What is your favorite thing to put on toast?
3. If you yourself could be made out of toast for one day, what would you do?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
What is your favorite brand of water? (Dasani, Aquafina, etc.)

Also, opinion on bagels?

D

Deleted member

What game franchise you have never played, but would like to play someday?

Will you ever return to the Majima profile?

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
  1. What's the coolest thing you've ever done?
  2. What game do you want to see more than anything else?
  3. What's your favorite song?

Noipoi

Howdy!
If you could make a movie, what would it be?
What do you look for in a friend?
Am I a cool internet friend?

D

Deleted member

Maybe it's too personal, but what are a couple of things you have on your bucket list that you want to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thanks for all the questions so far! Keep em coming, I’ll answer in a huge post when I get up in the morning ~

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
- How much toast do you generally consume in a week?
- #SobbleGang, #GrookeyGang or #ScorbunnyGang, and why?
- What death scenario from the Hungergames simulator would you be fine with IRL?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*cracks knuckles*
Here we go

1. What is the genesis of your username, why "Toasterbrains"?
2. Keeping the tradition and memory of Hong Hong alive, Waffles or Pancakes?
1. It's short for my old username, "IEatToasterBrains". That name came from me just playing around with my late dog's name, Toast, and "Brains". The "brains" part just came from how good my grades were and how often people would have such high expectations from me due to it.

A relic from that old longer username still exists as my Steam URL, "TastesLikeSI".

2. It kinda depends:
Store-bought, frozen: Waffles. Frozen pancakes are pretty gross, but I've always enjoyed eating storebought waffles.
Home-made: Also waffles- The ridges just hold syrup better and you can make them as crispy as you want (I like crispy waffles).
Other: It seems like every time I go out for waffles, or otherwise have waffles at some event, they're way too big and fluffy. Which doesn't sound like a problem, but a lot of the time, the way they're made, they end up very tough and dry... So that's one point for pancakes.

In general, waffles win.

1. If you could be a mod for one day only, what would you do?
2. Kickball or dodgeball?
3. Would you rather have three arms and one leg or three legs and one arm?
1. If I was only mod for a day there isn't much I would be able to get done... I guess I would start by having the social thread in a new tab so I can monitor the plethora of strange that can come from it in one day, whilst going through other threads to help keep some toxicity that's against the rules down.

And heavily infract one lucky someone through an RNG lottery system

2. Both are great fun. I tend to like dodgeball more because people used to never thing a lanky nerd like me could catch or dodge anything, let alone hit anyone. So, it was fun shocking everyone by being really good at it. Haha.

3. Three arms and one leg. If a second, prosthetic leg isn't allowed, then I'll just have one really buff leg. I can't use a wheelchair or anything because my apartment doesn't have an elevator, but having 3 legs just sounds like I'd trip over myself constantly, and having only one arm is virtually useless imo

1. Are you more toaster or more brains?
2. Cats or dogs?
3. What is the square root of Pi?
1. I've never actually been able to use any part of my body as a heating element to achieve a Maillard reaction in bread, so I'd wager that I'm more "brains".
2. That's a tough one because I love both. However, I tend to favor animals that show an immediate need for companionship with me (I'm lonely), so I'd say dogs. Cats can too, of course, but in general dogs are more stereotypically excited to see you, and cats are more stereotypically excited to plot to kill you do their own thing for a while
3. Why would you take a square slice out of a pie? I guess the pie must be square itself? Also, about 1.77.

How many toasters is too many toasters?
Any more than 2 and you better have a big house to justify that. I can understand having 2 in some houses with larger families that need a lot of bread toasted, but if you have 3 toasters then maybe it'd be better to just replace an old one with a higher capacity toaster...

Donkey Kong Country HD Remake (Ala Spyro and Crash). Yes or no?
Sure, I'd like a chance to go back and play that in HD.
What was your first video game? :yoshi:
Aladdin for the SNES.
It's more nostalgic to me than the movie itself.
Every time I see a screenshot from the game, I can hear it.

This game was bought and played by my parents before I was born, so that's why it ended up being my first game.

1. Who's your personal hottest Smash character?
  2. How many eggs do you prefer to use to egg a house?
  3. Do you miss Hong Hong as much as I do?
1. Uh... Zelda? Or rather, Sheik? I would have other answers if they were included as characters, like Marina or... other characters. But I mean I've never really kept it a secret that I think Zelda is pretty good looking, it's just that nobody's ever asked.
2. 3- any less, and you're not sending your message across. Any more, and you're wasting more than a fourth of the eggs in a standard carton- move on already!
3. I have a vague, primal feeling of missing them, yes. I tend to forget most people I've interacted with back during the previous time I was active, but I seem to have leftover memories of Hong being a neat person.

What is your favorite movie and why?
Ooh, I know I gave a lot of answers yesterday on this in the other thread, but it's actually Howl's Moving Castle. It's visually very interesting to me, and I am a sucker for love plots. Also, a lot of what happens it's really really fun to watch.

1. Is your brain actually a piece of toast?
2. What is your favorite thing to put on toast?
3. If you yourself could be made out of toast for one day, what would you do?
1. I don't think so. You'd think I'd know by now! Well, actually, if it was toast, I would probably not know anything, so I guess the answer is a solid "no".
2. Butter!
3. If I was made out of toast and retained an ability to move as well as my sentience, I would try and go to a populated location and scare everyone. Though, I'd have to avoid wild animals...

What is your favorite brand of water? (Dasani, Aquafina, etc.)

Also, opinion on bagels?
1. I've been really into Core recently:
Mostly because the bottle is interesting and it strangely tastes pretty good.

In terms of "normal" bottles of water, Deer Park.

2. Bagels are great with the right spreads! I usually like a cream cheese spread. Savory bagel sandwiches are great too.

What game franchise you have never played, but would like to play someday?

Will you ever return to the Majima profile?
1. Resident Evil. Seems like there's a wealth of fun characters, and I only know them tangentially or by watching a playthrough or something. Also, Devil May Cry. Also, Bayonetta. Also, Metroid. Also, F-Zero. Also... eh, I'll stop before I get a ton of hatemail :p
2. I tend to switch my avatar around depending on what I'm currently interested in, but Majima may make a return. If someone could make me an avatar that's a mashup of the new P5 girl, Pyra, and Goro Majima, that'd be pretty funny lol

1. What's the coolest thing you've ever done?
  2. What game do you want to see more than anything else?
  3. What's your favorite song?
1. If you asked next week, I'd say "Proposed to my girlfriend", but as of now... Idunno, I'm not really cool. I am currently the chair for a local charity event that raises money for Relay for Life... I tend to reach out to members on this site who I feel are troubled or sad... I've done a sick flip into a pool off a diving board exactly once in my life... Approximately predicted things better than a lot of people because I don't like to use patterns as my sole source... etc.

2. A true Paper Mario successor in the same vein as TTYD and 64. I actually use it as game design inspiration a lot!

3. Hm... I don't have one. I really like On Melancholy Hill by the Gorillaz and Kakattekoiyo by NakamuraEmi (It's a Japanese song that I actually mostly understood the gist of without having to look it up, but it's very motivational for me).

If you could make a movie, what would it be?
What do you look for in a friend?
Am I a cool internet friend?
1. Probably a movie involving samurais and feudal japan... I'm either a nerd or a weeb but I'm not sure
2. People who are kind. Even if they have a dark sense of humor, if I can see that people are kind, I'll typically be okay with them. Also, people who I would enjoy spending time with- even online, being able to ****post with people is quite a fun use of my time!
3. You are indeed a cool internet friend. Looking past the surface popularity you have from being generally wholesome (most of the time) and offering to draw several things for the thread, you're a person who is genuinely kind and honest with yourself. Your regular "I promise I'm not this wholesome IRL cause I'm a growing boy" or whatever hasn't fallen on deaf ears- but also it shouldn't be viewed as a problem because as long as you don't engage in generally toxic behavior and stay within certain boundaries, it shouldn't matter what you do, and you shouldn't see it as a negative... Er, but I digress.

Maybe it's too personal, but what are a couple of things you have on your bucket list that you want to do?
Run an indie game development studio, start a charity or fundraiser for the benefit of mental health research, become rich enough to have a platform to speak out about different things and actually put the money where my mouth is, own a fully upgraded Tesla Model X, work with Nintendo... I have a lot of dreams...

What, if any, fictional characters did you have a crush on as a child?

And, name your Final Fantasy of choice.
As a child, I had a crush on Misty in Pokemon, Rock Lee from Naruto (it was uncomfortable for me at the time lol), and Haruhi Suzumiya when I started to get a little older.

My final fantasy of choice is either 12 or 14. I liked 15 also- but I also haven't played very many. (I like 14 because it's one of the only MMOs i found myself interested in still past a month)

What is your favorite animal?
Right now, it's either gorillas or parrots... or corvids.
I have a cockatiel on my shoulder right now! Parrots and corvids are really really smart, as are gorillas, and I find that fascinating.

- How much toast do you generally consume in a week?
- #SobbleGang, #GrookeyGang or #ScorbunnyGang, and why?
- What death scenario from the Hungergames simulator would you be fine with IRL?
1. Almost none, actually.
2. #GrookeyGang, bois! I think he's the most cute out of all of them, and the memes I've seen of him are great. Also, he's the underdog among all three, and I usually tend towards that starter in moments I can't decide.
3. Huh. I'd rather not die, but if I do, I'd rather it be in a failed ambush so I can save myself the embarrassment.. haha.

Phew. Thanks for the questions guys!
Keep 'em coming if you'd like, I'll keep answering until the next AMA thread is up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What superpower would you pick?

Which FNaF character do you like the most? (If you don’t know the series just looks at the wiki. You’ll get the same experience. Only two of them have actual personalities)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What superpower would you pick?

Which FNaF character do you like the most? (If you don’t know the series just looks at the wiki. You’ll get the same experience. Only two of them have actual personalities)
Probability manipulation

Also, the guy on the phone in the second game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elevator pitch: HD remake of the Super Mario All Stars Pack (with SMW) in the graphical style of NSMB with 4 player co-op and the ability to play as Toad and Peach in every game.

Oops. Meant to post this in the social thread. I guess you can give an answer here too.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Favorite Starter Pokemon, and favorite Pokemon type?

D

Deleted member

Lets keep the toast questions, how dark do you like your toast?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How toasted is your brain?
I got called into work early this morning to cover the only other shift there... so dealing with an 11 hour work day toasts my brain pretty toasty.
Favorite Starter Pokemon, and favorite Pokemon type?
Favorite starter: the Rowlet line

Favorite type: Ghost

:)

Lets keep the toast questions, how dark do you like your toast?
I like it lightly toasted, enough to brown it and make it crisp but not so much that it becomes bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom