• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only person who thinks King K Rool needs a nerf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JbStarbucksluver

Smash Rookie
He is a heavy character with a counter which is dumb and has a down grab that lets you get free damage or knockoff someone off the stage at 84% and a good recovery for a heavy unlike other heavy's like ganon what is this!?!?!? he deserves the bayonetta treatment!

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Rule of thumb: you are NEVER the only one who thinks these specific things.

However, you and all of the others who do think it are, in this case, pushing it. I'm not sure if you are being super serious of hyperbolic, but in short... NO!!

JbStarbucksluver

Smash Rookie
Rule of thumb: you are NEVER the only one who thinks these specific things.

However, you and all of the others who do think it are, in this case, pushing it. I'm not sure if you are being super serious of hyperbolic, but in short... NO!!
why doesn't he need a nerf he is op for a heavy

wow two in a day, you guys must be enjoying yourselves
Let the K Rool Hate trains continue
-victory dance intensifies
it's not hate,i'm telling a fact stop defending a broken heavy character with a good recovery and a counter

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't played Ultimate myself yet, but...I can still point out that the game has literally been out for no longer than a single week.

It doesn't take a competitive expert to say that you're calling for nerfs way too early.

Last edited:

JbStarbucksluver

Smash Rookie
I haven't played Ultimate myself yet, but...I can still point out that the game has literally been out for no longer than a single week.

You're calling for nerfs way too early.
if you did not play ultimate yet then don't argue just saying because he is not balanced

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What I love about these people complaining about K.Rool being a heavyweight is that being a super heavy tends to be more detrimental than beneficial overall.

K.Rool has weaknesses. His attacks are slow, so have patience and learn to play around them. If you play too blindly and aggressively then yeah he's going to armor through your stuff but armor is a poor substitute for actually good frame data.

JbStarbucksluver

Smash Rookie
What I love about these people complaining about K.Rool being a heavyweight is that being a super heavy tends to be more detrimental than beneficial overall.

K.Rool has weaknesses. His attacks are slow, so have patience and learn to play around them. If you play too blindly and aggressively then yeah he's going to armor through your stuff but armor is a poor substitute for actually good frame data.
thank you for some tips unlike other people ,but i just think he needs his counter removed he is good at everything like it's not fair for his down grab to do a strong smash attack for free

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387

What i love is people defending no-nerfing until they actually get nerfed and then they flip flop and say "yea they needed a nerf" . are you one of those biased flip-floppers? If a lot of ppl say a character needs a nerf then **** it, nerf them. Listen to the consumers, simple. what more proof do you need.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What i love is people defending no-nerfing until they actually get nerfed and then they flip flop and say "yea they needed a nerf" . are you one of those biased flip-floppers? If a lot of ppl say a character needs a nerf then **** it, nerf them. Listen to the consumers, simple. what more proof do you need.
No, I'm not. I'm one of those people who thinks it's way too early to call for nerfs. If K.Rool proves himself to actually be a problem then I'll agree he needs a nerf but right now I get the impression people just haven't learned to fight him yet.

Nerfing, when it needs to happen, is a necessary evil. No one likes to have their characters nerfed, and for every new player happy that K.Rool is easier for them to deal with there will be another K.Rool fan who will be upset that there character is less fun to them in some way. And then sometimes the meta will settle down and we'll realize that such a nerf wasn't ever even needed in the first place *cough :4littlemac: cough*. Nerfing shouldn't be done willy-nilly because of a few angry internet fans.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Because in tournament play, he isn't dominating right now. I don't think I've seen him win tournaments at all.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
King K. Rool is good for a heavyweight but not busted in any way. He's slow. He has bad frame data. He has no approach options. Pick a character like Sheik, Shulk, Bayonetta, Belmonts, etc. to get around him.

JbStarbucksluver

Smash Rookie
King K. Rool is good for a heavyweight but not busted in any way. He's slow. He has bad frame data. He has no approach options. Pick a character like Sheik, Shulk, Bayonetta, Belmonts, etc. to get around him.
I wish I can use bayonetta but she is nerfed to the ground thanks to people

Because in tournament play, he isn't dominating right now. I don't think I've seen him win tournaments at all.
tournaments have nothing to do with this i just want a huge nerf to him he has too much for a tank

Dan

Smash Lord
The reason he's so good is cause he's releasing a decade's worth of repression.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
thank you for some tips unlike other people ,but i just think he needs his counter removed he is good at everything like it's not fair for his down grab to do a strong smash attack for free
Git Gud at mashing. Down throw shouldn’t be followable with a Smash until you're at 150%.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
then why diddy king did not get nerfed then or zero suit?
If you're referring to this game's version of those two, I can't be sure with Zero Suit Samus(haven't used her yet) but Diddy is a bit nerfed from the previous game. If you are referring to the last game, it will take some time for the devs to make a balance patch.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626

SquidSquad

Smash Rookie
I wish I can use bayonetta but she is nerfed to the ground thanks to people
Let me just point this out: you are a hypocrite. The game hasn’t officially been out a month and you are already calling for nerfs. Get good noob. Learn to play around him, he is slow and can’t approach you. You whiners are a part of the problem, so stop complaining about Bayonnetta nerf. It seems to me that you are a sheep. You aren’t playing competitive! You want to proof that X character needs a nerf? Go out there and exploit said X character and win/sweep in a tournament. Online or in person, until then I kindly ask you to refrain from making unnecessary witch hunt post. “He has too much in his kit, he is heavy with good recovery and counter!!!” And? So what? It was never law that heavies can’t have good recoveries and counter? That was never in the rules!? If anything that makes K.Rool stand out from the rest! Exploit his glaring weaknesses! Villager/Isabelle destroy him in a match! Do they need a nerf? Come back and post in 6 months...

Last edited:

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
He's not OP your just bad. There is a reason he is known as a noob killer. He has lots of super armor and projectiles but it's balanced because he's big and heavy and has slow attacks.

SquidSquad

Smash Rookie
Buff don’t nerf! And as of now I don’t see a character that needs a buff. The game is in the best vanilla state that it has ever been. YouTube is my primary resource. There are a lot of clickbait videos about “X is broken!” Then the video is a montage of kills that don’t showcase the live matches of them getting destroyed.

JbStarbucksluver

Smash Rookie
Let me just point this out: you are a hypocrite. The game hasn’t officially been out a month and you are already calling for nerfs. Get good noob. Learn to play around him, he is slow and can’t approach you. You whiners are a part of the problem, so stop complaining about Bayonnetta nerf. It seems to me that you are a sheep. You aren’t playing competitive! You want to proof that X character needs a nerf? Go out there and exploit said X character and win/sweep in a tournament. Online or in person, until then I kindly ask you to refrain from making unnecessary witch hunt post. “He has too much in his kit, he is heavy with good recovery and counter!!!” And? So what? It was never law that heavies can’t have good recoveries and counter? That was never in the rules!? If anything that makes K.Rool stand out from the rest! Exploit his glaring weaknesses! Villager/Isabelle destroy him in a match! Do they need a nerf? Come back and post in 6 months...
chill out toxic crybaby i never said i wanted a bayo nerf i said thanks to people who wanted her nerf and a heavy is suppose to have a small recovery and he is good at edge guarding and a good counter

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
Bayo can rack damage on him, but that's it. She can bearly kill him or any super heavyweight. K Rool will just kill her at high percents.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
He's big, he's slow, and has no approach options.
Now you know how to counter him.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
chill out toxic crybaby i never said i wanted a bayo nerf i said thanks to people who wanted her nerf and a heavy is suppose to have a small recovery and he is good at edge guarding and a good counter
Quick suggestion: When K. Rool counters, have you tried grabbing? Any character with a counter can easily be susceptible to throws.

Characters like Villager and Isabelle can pocket his crown or cannonball, making his projectile useless. Also, anyone with a reflector is decent against him, as they can turn his projectiles against him. Not to mention, they can be seen coming from a mile away.

Will K. Rool see nerfs later down the line? Maybe. Maybe not. Who's to tell? But no patch in Ultimate will completely change a character's moveset, which is what you are calling for. Want K. Rool's counter removed? Or one of his projectiles? Well, you're gonna have to wait for the next Smash game ten years from now.

You keep saying that a character "should" have this and "should" have that, but there's no law or rule stating that. At the end of the day, these are just your opinions. And with the way you have presented yourself and your statements, will not be taken seriously as well.

Creeeamy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3994-5969
Well it looks like you need a hearty dose of, lets see here, ah yes! A high dose of get good. Learn the matchup, lets not demand nerfs a week into a game, shall we?

link2702

Smash Champion
Hold up. Lemme see if i got this straight...

You’re complaining about a character because you are having trouble despite many others explaining his weaknesses, you’re trying to claim “it’s a fact he’s broken” but have no evidence to back that up(here’s a hint, tournament results are usually strong pieces of evidence, your own personal experience...not so much), and you turn around and claim that “tournaments don’t matter!” And once again try to point only to your own personal experience as “evidence.” All of this on top of the fact that the game is only a few days old and there’s barely any metagame developed for it yet.

Have I got that right? Ok, good.

Let me give you a bit of a history lesson.

During brawls lifetime, noob players complained that ike was op, despite having horrible frame data on a lot of moves. Why? Because those players ran right into his smash attacks blindly in ffa matches, and tried to point to that as their “evidence.” They quickly started to shut up when they played competent players who understood how to play patiently and not walk into his slow moves.

Ike was basically a noob killer character. Competent players didn’t struggle against him, noobs did.

Smash 4, people claimed mac was broken because he had super armor on his smashes, and had high damage, high knock back ground moves. They based the idea he was “broken” because he fd was the only option in for glory, and they didn’t understand how to gimp his very terrible recovery off stage, they also proceeded to always run headfirst into his strong smash attacks and not play patiently.

Mac was the noob killer in 4. Competent players understood how to use his disadvantages against him, noob players did not.

K. Rool is the noob killer in ultimate.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I wouldnt go as far as to say K. Rool is a noob killer in ultimate. I would say that that there are some particular things on him that could be reworked but the way he is right now:
His ranged attacks are slow and he is kind of predictable.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4, people claimed mac was broken because he had super armor on his smashes, and had high damage, high knock back ground moves. They based the idea he was “broken” because he fd was the only option in for glory, and they didn’t understand how to gimp his very terrible recovery off stage, they also proceeded to always run headfirst into his strong smash attacks and not play patiently.

Mac was the noob killer in 4. Competent players understood how to use his disadvantages against him, noob players did not.
As someone who mained Little Mac in Smash 4, I can confirm that he was indeed the noob killer. So many times people tried to tell me I was cheap for using him, that he was OP, and tried to "prove" it to me by picking him against me. I would even play the character they used. Beating them real quick wouldn't either shut them up, or just add on to the salt. Either result was satisfying.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
As someone who mained Little Mac in Smash 4, I can confirm that he was indeed the noob killer. So many times people tried to tell me I was cheap for using him, that he was OP, and tried to "prove" it to me by picking him against me. I would even play the character they used. Beating them real quick wouldn't either shut them up, or just add on to the salt. Either result was satisfying.
I don't see the problem with Mac. Just dodge his side B and watch him fall lol

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
K. Rool has bad frame data (literally learn how to abuse his crown when he drops it). His neutral is honestly lacking when he doesn't have crown on him. He does bad at the ledge. K.Rool also is VERY bad at juggling because all his aerials has a lot of ending lag on them; he can only use one aerial in the air at a time. His recovery is very good against spikes but you can easily hit him on the side (I did with Ridley back air). Play more patient and learn to fight the character. He's exploitable and certainly not broken. They're clearly gave him some tools to try to combat the curse of being a superheavyweight. You don't want another Smash 4 Ganon do you?

Edit: Also play different characters vs him; it could be you just have your character does poorly vs him. I know Ridley does poorly vs Snake due to having a really tough time dodging nikita and all his explosives.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People don't know how to process a heavyweight who, very early in the metagame, appears to be any better than mediocre at best. It speaks to a lack of conscious thought when people bemoan the theoretical addition of heavyweights "because they'd just be bottom tier," but then clutch their pearls when one appears to have any potential to rise above that (also see: Bowser getting a speed boost in Smash 4).

As a corollary, it comes off as a double standard when K. Rool options like DThrow to FSmash get pilloried for being "braindead" but more or less mashing buttons to perform repeated Mario UTilts/UAirs or performing Ness throws out of PK Fire are just accepted. They're not "broken" heavyweights, after all.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Seems like this isn't the place for this thread. And one like this already exists in the K. Rool thread so it'll now be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom