• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who want Luigi's moves being changed ?

Do you want to change Luigi's moves ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Just some of them

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • This character needs to be changed entirely, not just his moves !

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I respect Sakuraï and his team, but could you at least change some of his moves ?

I mean, replace Luigi's tornado by his Polturgust (I don't know it's name in English), it could function like K-Rool's neutral B, sucking enemies up and then throw them in an another direction. Make him able to WALLJUMP. Seriously, who think it was a good idea to make him unable to walljump ?

Edit : I made some changes for his moveset on the thread "The perfect roster". Fell free to see what would be a good roster in my opinion.

:ultluigi: : His moveset is changed. His Down-B now work like :ultkirby: neutral. It sucks his opponents and throw them (you can sacrifice K.Oand absorbs projectiles). He can do that with projectiles. His Side-B is now an hammer which can burries opponents (it's animation is like when he hits something with it in Mario&Luigi games) and meteor-smashes when used in air, like DK side-B. He walljumps and doesn't slip at the end of his dash.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
If I remember correctly, the Poltergust 3000 has the ability to harness the elements of fire, ice, and water, so it'd be nice if they were to add that to his moveset somehow, but then again, Luigi already uses the Poltergust 5000 in Super Smash Bros, so I don't know.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'd like Luigi's Super Jump Punch to have some horizontal distance. Going straight up makes it a pretty terrible recovery.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Sup guys. Confirmed now that Luigi has a tether grab. Uses the plunger shown in the Simon trailer and in Luigi's Mansion 3. Thoughts?

I think the very act of changing it is totally fine, but before you get scared of it being a tether grab, remember that means ZAir is now an option, and tether grabs as a whole have gotten buffed while melee grabs have gotten overall nerfed. I'm not sure if he can tether recover though. Didn't see it. (He doesn't have a tether recovery. I have no idea why)

In terms of competitive, it's sort of neutral for me. Obviously his grab got nerfed, but then again, everyone who has/had a melee grab got theirs nerfed, so yeah. Not sure if the ZAir will be enough compensation though.

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Wait, he can't recover with his grab ? That's stupid !

Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I’ve never played Luigi, but some of these changes look awful. I understand, putting his Poltergeist thingy in his move-set, but all these weird, unnecessary changes are gonna lower him significantly on the tier list.

paisa6635

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see his Zair grab on to the ledge.
That would definitely even him out. Otherwise his recovery is still pretty bad.

D

Deleted member

This comment is gonna be controversial but i'd get rid of the poltergust and give him his old grab back. And i'd let his side smash have a thunder effect and his final smash be the Thunder Bros were he jumps into the sky and unleashes a huge thunderbolt.

Im personally not a big fan of Luigi's mansion.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
This comment is gonna be controversial but i'd get rid of the poltergust and give him his old grab back. And i'd let his side smash have a thunder effect and his final smash be the Thunder Bros were he jumps into the sky and unleashes a huge thunderbolt.

Im personally not a big fan of Luigi's mansion.
But they're cool games ;( ... Plus, you can have many possibilities with Poltergust !

D

Deleted member

But they're cool games ;( ... Plus, you can have many possibilities with Poltergust !
Imo i find the Luigi's mansion series boring. The games are slow paced, the puzzles are easy, the "battles" are simplistic and bland, and this is just me but Luigi's fear is exaggerated to the point that its obnoxious. Im personally a bigger fan of M&L's portrayal of his character.

But to each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Bring back his Smash 4 recovery, and we're golden. Instantly better character. Keep the hitbox of his current Down-B, as that's his only landing option, but let it float if you mash B, and let it slide left and right again.
As far as new moves, you can check out my Make-a Mario Great Again! thread to see my ideas for Mario Custom moves if Custom Moves ever come back with actual effort put into them.
Luigi would have many of the same moves, but a few differences would be a Poltergust Neutral B that mimics Dedede's inhale but with the ability to launch in multiple directions like the second part of K. Rool's blunderbuss.

Top Bottom