• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who doesn't like Hideki Kamiya?

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I like Platinum Games, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101 & some of the franchises they made as Team Clover. And he was the head of the first installment of one of my favorite gaming franchises (Devil May Cry) but being a good game developer shouldn't excuse his attitude.

Calling Smash Fans Idiots - It's obvious he was annoyed by how many people were asking for this or that character for the game. But lashing out like that is not a good way to handle the situation and almost unprofessional. If he doesn't like Smash or Smash Fans and wants to say something about it, that's fine. But going around calling them idiots is not.

It's also kind of unprofessional that he often calls people on Twitter idiots, douche bags, ect. Yet the most people do is praise him for it, often promoting that kind of attitude. Imagine if Sakurai called all Smash fans assholes or if Reggie called all American Nintendo fans man-children. In the end we would let it fly, which is the opposite thing we should do.

Like I said, I don't hate his company, characters or games, but it's only him I don't like.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Honestly, I kind of thought that as well when I first heard about his attitude.
It's just disgusting, and immature. He gets a free pass for everything, though, can't even tell why.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
He calls lots of people idiots lol. But yeah, it is unprofessional, but it's the type of person he is.
He has fun with dealing the dumb people that try to engage him on the internet.

Honestly a lot of people fail to read the stuff he's said, so I'm not surprised that he just lumps a bunch into one big group.

D

Deleted member

i don't like him. rude and never got into his games.

People (like me) love it because it's hilarious. If someone's trying to pester him with stupid bull**** or they're trying too hard to be funny, he has no qualms about calling them idiots or telling them to go ask their moms.

Even if you don't agree with his way of handling things, it's not serious enough to be getting upset about it. It's like getting mad about Mango's on-camera persona, or Leffen's tweets.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Meh. Prefer it to the typical meaningless words most devs give us. If you're going to give us an excuse at least be honest about it, Nintendo...

rawxern

Smash Rookie
NNID
majinhedgehog
I'm not a fan of his overall attitude either, it comes of as egotistical almost. "Haha look at how cool I am guys, a known industry name being EPIC on Twitter"

It's silly

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
He's like the Wendy's Twitter of gaming. extremely unfunny and nowhere near as subversive as people say he is, but edgy 12 year olds eat it right up.

if you want to see a gaming Twitter done right, check out the official Pac-Man Twitter. really wholesome and brightens up the mood every time you see a new post, even through people won't stop harassing them over Pac-Man World 4 unfortunately...

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Surprised I found this thread.

While the news is just getting out, the drama with Bayonetta's original VA gives me more reason to not like Kamiya as a person.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think it is perfectly fine for creators to have a little bit of apathy towards some fans they might find annoying but Hideki seems to apply this to literally all of them for no reason, or at least his persona on twitter does, which just makes it pretty annoying

Top Bottom