• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who does this? (Mewtwo)

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Ok so when I play Mewtwo and I get smashed off screen I immediately hit the X or Y button to levitate then teleport back on stage I believe that this is more effective then just using my second jump I have tested it out against human players also when Falco tries to dumpster me i hit levitate and go up I find it a good counter to it please tall me what you think but here are my questions

Am i the only one who does this?

Are there better recovery options

tell me if you think its situational

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I can't say I've done this, but this actually brings up some very interesting ideas to me. Could floating be used to cancel momentum and live longer? Even if the action of floating itself doesn't cancel momentum, if you're able to engage in float you should in theory be able to float in the opposite direction of knockback and pull it off. Teleport would help a lot as well, but the rules for when you get to keep your second jump after teleport are weird, and I feel that even if you didn't need it, using teleport leaves you with no options outside of DI and attacks to avoid being juggled, since you can't airdodge out of teleport.

I'm going to try and test this.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
double jump is more flexible because you can djc it to either extend it much further than hover can or to shorten it i.e. with a quick shadowball cancel or something of that sort hover only goes about half the distance of a full djc

hover also sacrifices some amount of mobility because of how it works and it doesnt last nearly long enough like peach's hover and im pretty sure you dont cancel momentum with hover enough to justify actually using hover that far out.

Jechtire

Smash Cadet
One thing a lot of people tend to forget, is that you can hover for 1/2 of a second and still double jump. You should practice doing this to recover in order to gain more distance or to adjust or position in the air before you recover.

Top Bottom