• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one that misses or prefers Sonic's old up-Tilt?

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
Was going through some reeeeallly old footage on Sonic and I remembered his old up-tilt. I don't know.. I just like how it looks and feels when using it in combo's as opposed to his current awkward back flip. What are your thoughts on this?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Current Utilt is godlike.

Old Utilt was bad, but was godlike in it's own way.

His USmash is trash in all of it's attributes, should be replaced with his old Utilt, made much stronger, with the caveat of SDI-able hits.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I messed around in PSA and Brawlbox and ported his old Brawl up tilt to his Up Smash (Couldn't find Project M 2.5 Sonic Files), knockback is equal to Falcon's for the time being and the startup is 12 frames, haven't messed around with the hitboxes. Honestly, the design of the move just doesn't suit his kit and isn't great for the areas Sonic loses because of the lack of a good upsmash. I think he needs an entirely new one.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I've been thinking a lot about possible new up smashes and I would love one that acts similarly to Falcon's 64 Up Smash.

With a similar animation to his up throw, Sonic quickly bends over and spikes above him with his hair, dealing low - medium knockback, the move having low cooldown as well which allows for followups. Doesn't kill until way past 160-180%ish. I think this would be an amazing tool to cover people directly above him whereas his current up tilt is still good to cover the diagonal upwards direction in front of him. If Sonic got this change I would believe him to be absolutely perfect. I might play around with PSAs and see what I can come up with.

Last edited:

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking a lot about possible new up smashes and I would love one that acts similarly to Falcon's 64 Up Smash.

With a similar animation to his up throw, Sonic quickly bends over and spikes above him with his hair, dealing low - medium knockback, the move having low cooldown as well which allows for followups. Doesn't kill until way past 160-180%ish. I think this would be an amazing tool to cover people directly above him whereas his current up tilt is still good to cover the diagonal upwards direction in front of him. If Sonic got this change I would believe him to be absolutely perfect. I might play around with PSAs and see what I can come up with.
Let me know with a vid. Def gotta see that

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
How bout giving us a good Dacus instead of a different upsmash?

JFyst

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1822-1491-9293
I mean why not both, apparently that's ok, g&w can do it, because reasons.

NyTR0

Smash Apprentice
So after a while of practicing my sonic I've got to say his current up tilt has really grown on me. I have a slight problem with it though.. It has no hit boxes at the end of the flip. I wish they changed that. Maybe not like completely behind him but slightly behind cause the move feels empty and those are waste of frames when you see it. I mean he does to do a back flip after all. It would only make sense. Has the whole red trail from his shoes and everything but the move's hit box stops at the top of his head. That's pretty meh.

Top Bottom