• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am i just bad or is Mewtwo bad?

RedCaesar

Smash Cadet
I like playing mewtwo, i can do some cool stuff with him, but all i seem
To be doing recently is just lose. I can win just fine with other characters, but not as mewtwo. Should i drop him or stick with him?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
You're just, not bad, but inexperienced. It takes a while to really find your stride with Mewtwo. I know I used to have a bad habit of jumping out of disadvantage which made things a lot rougher for me as Mewtwo than they should have been. It may help you to step back and think about smaller things you're doing wrong, that you could work on improving.

Wadi, a top 20 player, has been doing really well lately by mostly going Mewtwo. I think this proves that no, Mewtwo is not a bad character. It's also worth noting that Wadi doesn't spend much, if any, time labbing combos and whatnot, preferring to "just play" and let things come naturally. And this has lead to his success, because his neutral, fundamentals, and most importantly, movement, has let his Mewtwo thrive. I highly recommend watching some of Wadi's recent tournament footage using Mewtwo, and see what you can learn!

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I don't think Mewtwo's terrible or too bad, but he's certainly far off from the better characters and he has some key weaknesses in him being fairly exploitable in his disadvantage, which tends to require a lot of practice in working around. You can certainly make him work and try to improve your Mewtwo, however but it's up to you whether you wish to or not.

Last edited:

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
Mewtwo in Ultimate is still not as bad as Isabella, Incineroar, and half the cringe worthy DLC sword fighters that had no reason to be in the game.

So there's that for you.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Mewtwo in Ultimate is still not as bad as Isabella, Incineroar, and half the cringe worthy DLC sword fighters that had no reason to be in the game.

So there's that for you.
I feel that Sephiroth and Pyra are better than mewtwo since they have greater versatility and have no real glaring flaws. Comparing Mewtwo to bottom 10 characters is odd though. I do feel he is a high tier since he has lots o things going for him, but his huge hurt-box and low weight as well as his reliance on shadow ball really bring him down.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
I feel that Sephiroth and Pyra are better than mewtwo since they have greater versatility and have no real glaring flaws. Comparing Mewtwo to bottom 10 characters is odd though. I do feel he is a high tier since he has lots o things going for him, but his huge hurt-box and low weight as well as his reliance on shadow ball really bring him down.
I still hate those characters (I loathe Pyra and Sephiroth with a passion) regardless as to whether or not Mewtwo is better than them.

Mainly because of them being so unoriginal with nothing creative or unique about their movesets.

No cool magic spells. Just more boring as feces sword slashes and stabs we've already seen in the game a million times already.

Nothing to make them stand out from other characters on the roster.

And them stealing good roster spots from characters who deserved to be in the game.

There's nothing you can do to change my mind. You'll never convince me to love them or give them a chance. Let alone blow 20 dollars on them.

And to this day. I still will never forgive Sakurai for adding those waste of time characters to Smash Ultimate.

And will not bother to give Xenoblade or FF7 a playthrough because of them (I already loathe/hate/despise JRPG games with a fiery passion).

Heck. I even destroyed my Wii-U (Violently throwing it on the ground) when Pyra got announced.

I really hate the DLC for Smash Ultimate (Terry, Kazuya, Banjo And Kazooie, And Min Min are the only characters that didn't suck complete rumpus) and I have nothing positive to say about it at all.

And I'd rather stick with Mewtwo than go anywhere near the garbage DLC Smash Ultimate put out.

And I just hope Sakurai has common sense to make the final DLC character a fighter who doesn't use a stupid sword and is 100 % original with him/her not stealing from another characters moveset while using all the good potential they have (Just please give me Doom Guy with no sword, Crash Or Spyro, Lara Croft, Rayman, ect............).

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I still hate those characters (I loathe Pyra and Sephiroth with a passion) regardless as to whether or not Mewtwo is better than them.

Mainly because of them being so unoriginal with nothing creative or unique about their movesets.

No cool magic spells. Just more boring as feces sword slashes and stabs we've already seen in the game a million times already.

Nothing to make them stand out from other characters on the roster.

And them stealing good roster spots from characters who deserved to be in the game.

There's nothing you can do to change my mind. You'll never convince me to love them or give them a chance. Let alone blow 20 dollars on them.

And to this day. I still will never forgive Sakurai for adding those waste of time characters to Smash Ultimate.

And will not bother to give Xenoblade or FF7 a playthrough because of them (I already loathe/hate/despise JRPG games with a fiery passion).

Heck. I even destroyed my Wii-U (Violently throwing it on the ground) when Pyra got announced.

I really hate the DLC for Smash Ultimate (Terry, Kazuya, Banjo And Kazooie, And Min Min are the only characters that didn't suck complete rumpus) and I have nothing positive to say about it at all.

And I'd rather stick with Mewtwo than go anywhere near the garbage DLC Smash Ultimate put out.

And I just hope Sakurai has common sense to make the final DLC character a fighter who doesn't use a stupid sword and is 100 % original with him/her not stealing from another characters moveset while using all the good potential they have (Just please give me Doom Guy with no sword, Crash Or Spyro, Lara Croft, Rayman, ect............).
As yes, 2 characters with some of the most unique moveset in the game are unoriginal. Your an angry person, and I feel sorry for you. You don’t have to like the characters, but straight up destroying your console because a character got announced shows your maturity level. I sincerely hope that you learn to grow the hell up, and realize that other people actually wanted the characters that were put in. I don’t want to speak to you again, since I know that you are acrimonious as you are pertinacious.

Top Bottom