• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am having problems keeping jigglypuff as my main

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I"m having problems keeping jigglypuff as my main,when there are other characters like bowser and kirby that are just 10 times better.I also am getting very sick of people called jigglypuff a low tier and you should never use her,and idk if i should switch. It doesn't help that i do better with my secondary when my main being bowser

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
On the one hand, you shouldn't let other people govern your decisions, but on the other hand, it can be very hard to ignore the opinions of others. Maining Jigglypuff can be stressful (sounds like this is the case for you). Ask yourself whether it's really worth that stress to you. Why not just go with one of your secondaries for a month or more and see how you feel? If you find yourself getting more enjoyment out of the game switching to a different character, maybe it's time to officially move on.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Sometimes I have this problem too. Of course, there's a lot of people who will say, "You should probably switch mains," and this isn't ever going to stop. Even if they think you're the best Jigglypuff of all time, they'll still say you'll do much better with another character. I could bet enormous sums of money that even some great Jigglypuff mains like Seryneder and RDR7 have had this said to them too. And the thing is, they're probably right. I know that I would probably be better if I switched my main to a high/top tier, and I consider it a lot and get ready to tell people that I'm switching, but I never do.

This is because the reason why I play Jigglypuff is becuase I love exploring "different" characters, and getting sick rests, and getting sick edge guards, and getting sick reads, and getting sick combos, and just in general having fun. Jigglypuff is tons of fun for me, and that's why I play her, and that's why I'll probably never switch to my secondary Peach or even a top tier as my main. Even through all the comments on my potential without her and all the losses against MUs that might be easy for a top/high tier, I still pull through. And it's because of this determination and hope and enjoyment I pull through.

However, it doesn't come without its stress! I'm very insecure about my results and image with Jigglypuff, and even though I have the skill to match a few of the better players in my locals, it's still very hard to compete with her sometimes. This is why I believe solo maining puff isn't a good idea. If the stress is too high of a factor, just push her back to a secondary or a pocket, or just stop.

In the end, it's your decision. If you have fun playing Jigglypuff, than keep it up! However, know this might limit you. If you want to become the best in general, than I suggest pushing her back a bit. There's still great players out there that keep Jigglypuff as a pocket/secondary! If she's no good, you don't have to play her. You might get caught in a "smash depression" switching mains/secondaries cause it will take time to get characters up to the level of your previous secondary/main, but it will be worth it in the end. If you want to keep maining puff, than keep doing that! It's not up to other players, only you. If you think you do better with other characters and want to play them, go ahead! :)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Maybe this is just me not being a Sleepypuff main or even having her as a secondary, but I just LOVE playing Sleepypuff so much in this game and I don't think I will ever stop having fun whenever I play as her. There is just something about her in this game that ALMOST feels right to me. Whether it be how natural she feels or how irresistible her new design is to look at, (seriously though, her new design in Smash 4 is so cute to the point where she makes a guy like myself talk like I'm a girl or something lol) I can't get enough of it.

While she isn't as good as her Melee counterpart is who just won EVO 2016 Melee, she is a lot better than her Brawl counterpart is. The balance in this game is INSANE to where even the characters that aren't as good as the better ones like Shiek have some sort of fighting chance where as Bowser in Melee against Shiek might as well just SD 4 times as the outcome is almost always the same. If you care more about winning than having fun, I'd probably go with Bowser and keep Sleepypuff as a secondary or at the very least, as a pocket. Sleeypuff does have some stuff going for her like being able to time people out and rest will always be something that should never be slept on.

If this game didn't have rage AND have the new stupid ledge mechanics that can even let characters like Little Mac recover, she would be used a lot more often in tournament play and I'd guarantee that.

What KniteBlargh KniteBlargh and MisterDom MisterDom said. Don't let anyone else decide for you and only let yourself decide whether or not if you want to keep maining the pink puffball pokemon.

Last edited:

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
People are still gonna call jigglypuff a pointless character even if they buffed her to like top 15 character cause people still think shes the "joke" character and should be 100 times worst then kirby. Its most likely salty people and people dont understand that the big 12 are not going anywhere.I also found out people just hate fighting the puff cause its so boring and makes people so angry to rosalinas level of salt.

Last edited:

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Idk why but people on for glory get so salty of jigglypuff and most likely think shes the joke character how did i lose to the joke and say some mean words cause there salty and then they randomly buff her and everyone gets salty most likely lol.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Idk why but people on for glory get so salty of jigglypuff and most likely think shes the joke character how did i lose to the joke and say some mean words cause there salty and then they randomly buff her and everyone gets salty most likely lol.
They think Jigglypuff mains don't exist in Smash 4, and that you're trying to disrespect. The better the players you play, the better they tend to act.

If she's not fun as a main, just co main. You said you like Bowser and Kirby so just switch between the 3. I mess around with around 40 plus characters, I can't just stick with Jigs it'd drive me insane.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
The number one reason i hate the current jigglypuff is that he is soooo slow even in the air ,and half the cool tricks you can do with other characters is 100% useless for jigglypuff. Here me out but i want a new jigglypuff that would use his fairy type and depending on what sun and moon does to him ,and update his kit to return as the queen of the air.

Mafew

Smash Rookie
Never let other people control your main. Also Jigglypuff isn’t that bad. Rest can kill early, Jiggs has great aerials. Jigglypuff’s recovery is great. Jigglypuff is viable in my opinion

Top Bottom