• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alucard? (A legend and a dark horse candidate)

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Before the inclusion of Cloud Strife, I would have never thought Alucard was a legitimate choice for the Smash Bros series. He was, after all, the star of a game that was a PlayStation exclusive. Technically he WAS in Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse on NES, but he wasn't the main character. He was just an ally you could access if you took a certain path. But now that Smash has become more a celebration of video game history and not just Nintendo history, Wouldn't Alucard be a great addition? Sure he'd be yet another sword wielder, but there's nothing wrong with that. And as Sakurai has, many times in the past, brought in surprise characters like Snake, I think Alucard has a chance. As I've said before. Castlevania in Smash Bros is a long overdue inclusion. And a stage based on "Symphony of the Night" would be a perfect thing for Alucard to bring along with him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd prefer Simon/Trevor Belmont myself but it would be rad to see the one who put the "-vania" in Metroidvania face off against Samus.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alucard from SotN has always been my ‘no chance in hell’ want for Smash. His abilities would be great for Smash.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
Why not bring in TWO Castlevania characters? To make up for the fact that Castlevania's been ignored for the 2 generations in which 3rd party characters were eligible. Yet Castlevania is still one of the best game series in early video game history.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why not bring in TWO Castlevania characters? To make up for the fact that Castlevania's been ignored for the 2 generations in which 3rd party characters were eligible. Yet Castlevania is still one of the best game series in early video game history.
Well we haven't gotten two characters from any 3rd party series yet.

I'd love for that to change but I think they'd do it with Sonic first as it's the most popular series for additional characters like Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman and the like

D

Deleted member

Fun Fact: I was the owner of the previous Alucard thread over at Zebei's social group. I have thought about remaking it here for quite some time, but now someone beat me to it.

He's probably not getting in over Simon Belmont or other Konami characters like Snake or Bomberman, but I still support.

D

Deleted member

I do appreciate the effort put into his AT. Seeing him use powers like the bat and mist transformations does give me some idea of how he would've played. I also admittedly got a kick out of him using the Crissaegirm as opposed to his signature Alucard Sword, due to how overpowered the former was in the Castlevania games it appeared in (and ironically, it was also very rare).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL We did get two Castlevania characters after all. :ultsimon::ultrichter:

Top Bottom