• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternative YYG sweetspot?

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I've noticed that occasionally rarely I've been able to still get the YYG even after charging past the normal charge timing window. Does anyone know anything about this?

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I don't know enough about it to do it consistently at all. And I think it has to do something with the opponent, something I can't practice alone.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
OKAY, I just confirmed this technique in an online match just a few minutes ago. The other player was C. Falcon; I charged well past the sweet spot, he ran into the charging yoyo, I released the charge and he ends up hitting the dropped hitbox. We've got something real here.

Last edited:

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
I think it was already known info that you could either YYG with the end of the windup hitbox, or with the charging hitbox itself later on? Isn't the way the glitch works identical either way, or is the duration you have to let it flash/wait for different for the two options?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
The frame window for yyg is constant. The only reason people dont charge the yoyo and do it the way as seen in that above video is because if you do it that way it is much easier for your opponent to disarm the yyg.

Top Bottom