• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

alternative controller

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Hello and welcome to the Smashboards!
I don't know if your local scene would allow for that controller, it depends. My local scene allows for any of the options the game allows, while some only allow for the original GC controller which I find wrong
Well, since that one still hooks up to the console like normal, maybe they won't have a problem... but even then, that's one expensive controller, isn't it? Maybe you really are better off with a GC Controller.

Last edited:

sc_nixon

Smash Rookie
I agree it is rather expensive (since it is such a specialized item). I wasn't really planning on using one necessarily, I was just curious if anyone knew anything about them. Seems like an interesting approach at a GC controller.

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Although I've never used the particular controller linked in the original post, I highly suspect it would be unusable for Smash, given the lack of analog sticks. The digital controls would most likely default to taunts, with no means to remap to movements.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Yeah it's not. That dpad corresponds to the GameCube controller's dpad. Great for playing gba games on the big screen though.

Top Bottom