• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Ultimate Stock Icons?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey Smashboards team. Quick question.

Will we be getting the alternate character icons for Ultimate?

:4robinf::4corrinf::4cloud2::4bayonetta2::4villagerf::4wiifitm::4roy: etc.

That's really all I have to ask, actually. Kinda hard to spawn a discussion from a yes or no question. :roll:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Same for me with Robin and my surprising candidate for new main, Corrin.

Seriously, she's so ****ing fun to play. I almost forget what game she's from when I pick her.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I wish they could also add alternate color stock icons as well though I understand that might be a lot of work.
A lot of work for no real payoff.

Back on AllisBrawl I was actually the one in charge of getting alternate colors for every Brawl/Melee/64 character, and we had to photoshop the Melee/64 renders ourselves. That wasn't fun.

But considering Smashboards had the P2 versions of the roster as icons for Smash 4, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for them again for Ultimate.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Any movement on this?

While you could justify Alph, Koopalings or male/female variants etc. as not being priorities or even not worth ever doing, I think the icons for Mii Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner ought to be priorities since they're really separate fighters and as of now you can't indicate that one of them is your SSBU main, and you can't use icons to discuss them without using the Smash 4 icons :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

I'd also like to have the Ultimate versions of :squirtle::ivysaur::charizard: of course. They'd also seem to be higher priority than mere alternate skins.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also if they decide to do this, I just wanna remind people that the stock icons for PoR Ike and RD Ike are different. RD Ike inexplicably has a more square jaw.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also if they decide to do this, I just wanna remind people that the stock icons for PoR Ike and RD Ike are different. RD Ike inexplicably has a more square jaw.
All the bigger target to get punched.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Thank you very much!

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I think we got them now? For gender alternates and Koopalings at least.
:ultwiifittrainerm:
:ultlarry:

Sadly the wiki only has them tiny, so they aren't useful for making backgrounds.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Looks like we've got
:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:
gender alts :ultcorrinf::ultinklingboy::ultpokemontrainerf::ultrobinf::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainerm:

And even :ultbayonetta1: (for some reason. does that mean we'll get Ultimate Link with the hero's cap? Mario with the tophat? etc.? Rather have those than a Bayonetta alternate hairstyle but eh)

but not yet Ultimate :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

I'm guessing they're coming though.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, pretty sure the Mii icons are on Warchamp's to-do list.

D

Deleted member

Just now noticed this (:ultbayonetta1:) got added. I also wondered if there was gonna be a post background to match, and what do you know? It exists! Changed my Ultimate main, did a tiny change to my signature. This was worth purchasing a premium membership for!

This is why I am here to thank Warchamp7 Warchamp7 for making all of this possible!

Sayonara :kirby:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Seriously, thank you to Warchamp7 Warchamp7 and anyone else involved. It's also awesome that we can select alternates for our character backgrounds now as well.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
While we're at it - is there a way to fix the :ultfox: icon for the mains selection on our user display on the left, Warchamp7 Warchamp7 ?

Currently it shows up as the 64 Falcon+half of DK (see mine).

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Since the people responsible for giving us more options may see this, it'd be cool if you guys have access to the icons if you could upload them somewhere if a larger scale is available. I'd like to play with them and make backgrounds and the such with my mains, sadly the versions available so far are very tiny on the wiki.
Wii Fit Trainer Stock.png

Is a lot nicer to work with than...
Mwft.png

Though if anyone else has stumbled on the icons in better quality else where, please share! Thanks.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
While we're at it - is there a way to fix the :ultfox: icon for the mains selection on our user display on the left, Warchamp7 Warchamp7 ?

Currently it shows up as the 64 Falcon+half of DK (see mine).
I fixed this but you'll need to reselect Fox

Since the people responsible for giving us more options may see this, it'd be cool if you guys have access to the icons if you could upload them somewhere if a larger scale is available. I'd like to play with them and make backgrounds and the such with my mains, sadly the versions available so far are very tiny on the wiki.
View attachment 186875
Is a lot nicer to work with than...
View attachment 186877

Though if anyone else has stumbled on the icons in better quality else where, please share! Thanks.
These are color corrected so they're not perfect, but it's the best we've got I think
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ce-yivUiD4z1AavfMEJt0JXkZrGMFtFi?usp=sharing

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Warchamp7 Warchamp7

Thank you for adding more of these. I love using them.

If I may be selfish though, could you add Alph too?

We have his Smash 4 icon :4alph: but not his Ultimate icon.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Warchamp7 Warchamp7

Thank you for adding more of these. I love using them.

If I may be selfish though, could you add Alph too?

We have his Smash 4 icon :4alph: but not his Ultimate icon.
Speaking of Alph's icon, it looks like it's just Olimar's but with different hair and pink ears. Why didn't they resize his head? It should be much rounder

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Nice to see them updated but it still missing a few that should be there, I feel if there is a character spirit, there should be a stock icon. Although even after we get all those we'd still be missing

:ultlink:classic tunic
:ultlittlemac:wireframe
:ultlittlemac:hoodie
:ultshulk::ultzss:swim / sport suit (although I don't think there's much difference here)

Are there plans to add even more?

Good job so far though

Top Bottom