• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Altar of Lord Jabu Jabu aka The Interview Thread

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Please welcome...
quickly press this now

Courier

...to the Alter of Lord Jabu Jabu, where he will be interviewed.

_

Everyone is invited to ask Courier some entertaining questions.

[collapse=List of Interviews]Courier

???

???

etc.
[/collapse]

_

And now for a quick history lesson. This thread existed before right here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267449. Now there's fresh blood in the mix and it needs a reboot. Enjoy and plz keep anything with attitude out.

Has Courier even accepted this offer yet lol

What is your favorite bird?
If this ends up being a video response, could you sing us a song?
Why have you picked zelda over the other 38 characters?
What is your greatest goal in smash and in life?
What's your favorite throw and why?
What often goes through your mind when playing a match? Try to be specific please.
Do you have a strategy every match, or do you simply wing it?
Do you likes maths and physics? Or do you prefer language and arts?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Me? :o

I suppose I can... now do I answer the questions right away or all at once?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Super meat boy yay or nay?
Favorite video game genre?
Do you like Chili?
Favorite spacing tool?
Do you have a role model for Zelda and if so why?
Is Epic Meal Time SMART? Or is it REALLY STOOPID?
Would you like serious questions or all questions?

I'm sorry, never been too good at asking interview questions. Will come up with more!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay I'll just answer the questions that have been asked thus far. I hope more of you can ask questions!

Xeylode

What is your favourite bird?

My favourite bird would probably have to be the parrot. They are colourful, funny, and one of my most favourite characters ever is Iago from Aladdin.

If this ends up being a video response, could you sing us a song?

I could sing... but not today. Perhaps one day on Skype :)

Why have you picked zelda over the other 38 characters?

I used Zelda since Melee. I thought her Nayru's Love was the most godly move in the game and it was effective on my friends so I stuck with her. Over time, I started to appreciate her unique playstyle. I also choose characters for superficial reasons. Zelda is beautiful, elegant, and graceful. I'm a pretty loyal person so choosing Zelda in Brawl is a no-brainer.

What is your greatest goal in smash and in life?

I don't have a single goal for Smash Brothers so I'll just name a few important goals. My first one is to keep myself motivated and always improve. Second is to pose a challenge to those I play and to show off that Zelda is probably better than 2nd worse in the game. Lastly, I want to rep my favourite character in the franchise and do you guys proud one day!

Again... I have many important goals in life as well. First, I'd like to get a good job, buy a nice apartment or condominium, and make contributions to society. Another goal is to stay healthy, fit, and keep my weight under control. You guys have seen my pic before but did you know I used to weigh over 200 lbs? I never want to go back and weight management is still a struggle for me.

What's your favorite throw and why?

My favourite throw in the game would probably have to be Mewtwo's fthrow. It's badass :p But for Zelda... it would have to be dthrow. It looks kinda cool, gives me time to compose myself, and has some combo potential.

What often goes through your mind when playing a match?

I'll be honest. First off I think, to my detriment, how bad the matchup is. Then I begin a match in fear. I'll start off a game more defensive and with focus and thinking hey I'm not doing so bad. As the game progresses... I just lose focus and play auto-pilot and then when I lose I get kinda depressed. I do try to mix things up, and I do know things are coming like when the opponent charges a smash attack but for whatever reason I fall into them anyway.

Do you have a strategy every match, or do you simply wing it?

I may just have ADHD or something but I usually have a general strategy and auto-pilot from there. I have been trying to keep my focus in games but sometimes nerves or just lack of motivation prevents me from playing as well as I could be.

Do you likes maths and physics? Or do you prefer language and arts?

I prefer language and arts by far. I was a former biology major at UBC but after my 3rd year, I finally stopped being in denial and accepted that sciences suck. I'm pretty decent at math and physics I'd like to think but certain concepts just don't get processed in my head such as 3d vector/planes.

I am definitely a language person. I absolutely love English grammar, and I can speak Mandarin and Cantonese. I do know a bit of French that I learned while I was in high school. As for the arts, I have a musical background from playing Violin and taking part in orchestra as well as band in high school where I played the trumpet, french horn, and euphonium. I would give up all my musical ability for a talent in drawing though.

ScaryLB59

Super meat boy yay or nay?

I'm Patrick Star and I live under a huge rock under the sea.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Favorite video game genre?

RPGs by far. I grew up playing them and have spent countless hours playing them. I'm obsessed with side quests to a fault and love the stories and how characters develop.

Do you like Chili?

Absolutely! I am one of the least picky eaters on this planet and anything that is edible I will eat. By the way did you know that if there are beans in it, it's not chili?

Favorite spacing tool?

Fsmash. Fsmash. Fsmash. Hm... have I Fsmashed you yet?

Do you have a role model for Zelda and if so why?

Some guy named ScaryLB59 and Riot. Ed, you're such a motivating player and really inspire all the Zeldas/Sheiks/Sheildas to not give up. Riot because he's Riot.

Is Epic Meal Time SMART? Or is it REALLY STOOPID?

It's very... eye opening. It's a good reminder to try and eat healthy but it's probably more silly/entertaining than smart. :p

Would you like serious questions or all questions?

I'll answer all questions. Keep 'em coming!

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
What made you pick the name "Courier"?

How many dtilts do you usually do before you end it (dsmash, DA, etc...assuming your opponent doesn't DI away)?

Paper or plastic?

Favorite Pokemon game you ever played?

As as above, only replace Pokemon with LoZ

If we Zelda's had an internal tier list amongst ourselves, where would you put yourself? (Modesty sold separately)

And finally,

*Professor Oak voice* "Are you a boy or a girl?"

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
AyatoK26

What made you pick the name "Courier"?

I'm pretty much the guy in my community that drives people everywhere, move TVs everywhere, and the lost and found guy. Plus Courier looks French-ish which is a plus (but I don't think it's actually derived from French). My old username was Aleate and I'm heavily considering changing it back to that.

Paper or plastic?

I want you to picture yourself getting a papercut. Now imagine having them all over your body and stinging you all at once.

Plastic though.

Favorite Pokemon game you ever played?

Hands down the Pokemon Trading Card Game for Gameboy. From the main series, I would say Pokemon Sapphire. I think it's the most hated generation but it's honestly the game that shaped the way Pokemon is today... like the special abilities. Sapphire over Ruby because I'm a huge fan of water types.

Favorite Legend of Zelda game you ever played?

Possibly Skyward Sword but because the game to me was eyecandy. Ocarina of Time is at a very close second because at the time, the game was LEGENDARY.

If we Zelda's had an internal tier list amongst ourselves, where would you put yourself? (Modesty sold separately)

Definitely low-mid. I'm still somewhat new to the game (started in the summer) and still don't have the fundamentals and reading down. Slowly working towards that but as of now I've reached a point where I'm not as motivated and not trying as hard as I could but hopefully I'll get over this block soon.

Are you a boy or a girl?

I'm a guy. My name's Kevin and I prefer to be called that over Courier, lol.

Top Bottom