• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright, Let's try this again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
Link to Original Post Here

WARNING: This Post Might be Long, based on your definition of that word.

Originally, I was at a friend's house (he was one of the first friends I made that did not have any ties to my Mom's job as a Teacher for kids with Special Needs) when he was playing Super Smash Bros Brawl, so I gave it a try, and liked it. I played as Pikachu that day.

I liked it so much, that I bought the game Pre-Owned at a GameStop shortly after my 13th birthday. I played the game, unlocked a few characters and stages. During that time I thought Meta Knight looked cool, so I played as him.

Long Story short, he was really fun to play as, but the fact that whenever any of his specials were performed in mid-air, he would free-fall down to the ground and I couldn't control him. It was a drag, but as I played more and more, the moments I had filled with Rage and Fury began to multiply, until I ultimately tried to drown out my interest in the game with others. Fortunately, I had help burying any hope of getting good at this game, with the help of Melee, and even the Smash Boards "Loving" and thoughtful community. Thank You.

And while that is meant to be taken as sarcasm, it isn't. I really do thank you guys. If it weren't for you, I would still be addicted to a terrible game. Instead I'm addicted to a far better game.

But alas, the game I've been playing has gotten... Boring. So, I decided that it's time to return to the Asylum. But this time my mind will be freshly keelhauled from days of playing RPGs. I will be almost entirely new to the game. But why should I return to the smoldering wreckage that is SSBB? Sure, it's the only one that keeps my attention long enough to count as being addicted, but I'm sure Melee can't be that much worse, right?

But I has big problem: I haz no friends who are by your definition "true gamers". I was raised by what you would call a "Naive" or "Ignorant" Single Mother. Not Biological, but my Biological Mother has no respect for me.

But the last 4 or so years of a slowly dying relationship has made a cynical and pessimistic figure out of my Mother. But I don't blame her (at least not entirely). But it was only in those 4 years in which I would even bother gaming at a Hardcore Level.

So, it might take 4 more years to be able to play Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing on all Difficulties; 8 years to master a LoZ title; 12 years before Metroid. 16 years before Contra. The only other person I know who plays Super Smash Bros of any kind is at my skill level: a Novice in your eyes.

What I want is advice on what I should do to improve my skill at Melee. That's all really. It's fairly simple. If not, I guess I'll just stick to the MMORPG I've been playing. If you want, your free to join me...

If you don't believe me, I don't blame you: all I've ever done here is lie: Lie to myself by opening my mouth; lying to you guys by what came out of it; lying to the trolls by saying it didn't discourage me. If you have proof that everything here is absolute crap, I guess I'll just leave this site, because I'm not gonna get the help I want here...

sol9000 said:
What I want is advice on what I should do to improve my skill at Melee. That's all really. It's fairly simple.
apparently it's not simple because you took 1000 words to ask the question. if you want advice on how to improve at melee there are plenty of other sources of information in the melee discussion boards. there is really no need to write all this **** about your life that is completely irrelevant to your question.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I think your best bet would be to separate the two things you're doing in this post: asking about Melee and talking about your personal life. The Melee boards are the best place to inquire about the former, and I guess this is the best place for the latter, jerks notwithstanding.

Sol9000

Smash Journeyman
apparently it's not simple because you took 1000 words to ask the question. if you want advice on how to improve at melee there are plenty of other sources of information in the melee discussion boards. there is really no need to write all this **** about your life that is completely irrelevant to your question.
I think your best bet would be to separate the two things you're doing in this post: asking about Melee and talking about your personal life. The Melee boards are the best place to inquire about the former, and I guess this is the best place for the latter, jerks notwithstanding.

Okay then.

MOODZ, LOKK ZIS TOOPEEK!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I think you misunderstood what I meant. If you want Melee advice, then the Melee boards is better for that. But this thread seems to be about more than that, so you might want to reorganize it to focus on the non-Melee parts and get a discussion going of the other things you talked about.

But if you still want me to lock it, just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom