• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aloy Expands Her Horizons - Aloy Support Thread

amageish

Smash Master
Aloy Expands Her Horizons

Who is Aloy?

Aloy is the main protagonist of Sony PlayStation title Horizon Zero Dawn and its upcoming sequel Horizon Forbidden West. Raised in the margins of a society that shunned her, she embarks on a quest to find out the truth about her unusual birth and the realities of the world she lives in. Then a bunch of spoiler-y things happen!

Since the release of her game, she's become a wildly popular character and her game has quickly evolved into one of Sony's definitive IPs.

Sorry, uh, she's a Sony character? What's her Nintendo connection?

Weirdly, Aloy is lined up to be the Sony character appearing on Nintendo Switch in the most ways, appearing both in the battle royale game Fortnite and having an upcoming appearance as a free character in the gacha JRPG Genshin Impact.

Now, do I think this makes her likely for Smash? No! Very much not so. She is a near-zero-percent chance at best. But, hey, I've never let that stop me from discussing a character before!

What would her stage be like?

This is a really tough question! Horizon Zero Dawn has a massive world and Forbidden West will just be expanding it, so there are a metric tonne of stage options available for a crossover fighter. The City of the Sun, Meridian, is probably the biggest metropolitan area in the game, but there's a variety of open spaces of land, rural areas, sacred grounds, dungeons, and more explored throughout the game. The cameo potential is equally huge, with a tonne of popular characters scattered across the game's world.

What would her moveset be like?

Aloy's a hunter and tracker in her base game, so I imagine she'd be a zoner for the sake of Smash. With a mastery of traps, she could place ropes onto the stage with her Ropecaster. She can fire long-ranged attacks using her signature bow or her slingslot, and she can always rely on her spear when caught in close-range combat.

Supporter List of Aloy, Despite the Nora:
amageish amageish
Clumsyzephyr Clumsyzephyr
Gengar84 Gengar84
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
FirestormNeos FirestormNeos

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I support! Haven't played Horizon yet but it's on my backlog and her recent appearances have been making me want to try it out.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I beat the main game of Horizon but I got stuck on the DLC. I’m pretty bad at those hunting side missions. I thought the game was a lot of fun though and Aloy would make a great Smash character. I’m actually amazed she never had a support thread until now.

amageish

Smash Master
I beat the main game of Horizon but I got stuck on the DLC. I’m pretty bad at those hunting side missions. I thought the game was a lot of fun though and Aloy would make a great Smash character. I’m actually amazed she never had a support thread until now.
Oh, yeah, some of the hunting quests are very frustrating. I'm not going to object if Forbidden West has no missions where you have to jump onto a Tallneck! 😅

I think people are just generally slow to make Sony-related threads? Possibly because a lot of them end up having a lot more discourse about if Sony could/should get a character then any discussion of the actual character who the thread is supposedly about... As, yeah, Aloy didn't have a thread until yesterday, Ratchet and Clank have nothing, etc.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Support, bow users baby! I'm not a huge fan of Horizon (from what I've played at least) but it would make for a great Smash fighter.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I might be the only person who cares about this but I love that they got Crispin Freeman to play the main villain. He’s one of my favorite voice actors ever and I don’t really get to hear him in much these days.

amageish

Smash Master
Support, bow users baby! I'm not a huge fan of Horizon (from what I've played at least) but it would make for a great Smash fighter.
Added to the support list! It's not a game for everyone by any means, but I do agree she'd be very well-suited for a platform fighter environment.

I might be the only person who cares about this but I love that they got Crispin Freeman to play the main villain. He’s one of my favorite voice actors ever and I don’t really get to hear him in much these days.
He is a very good actor! HZD generally has fantastic voice-acting...

amageish

Smash Master
Put me down as an (albeit last-minute) supporter.
Well, I added you, though I didn't do it so much "last-minute" as I did "literally after the final character was revealed and DLC ended" haha.

Thanks for joining me here, everyone! I'm not surprised Aloy didn't make it in by any means, but, hey, there's always PlayStation All-Stars 2, right? /j

Top Bottom