• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alola's Arboreal Archer - The Decidueye for Smash Thread (RIP the dream)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
sure but even then its quite a stretch
This Dark Pit glitch with the arrow being stuck to his body... it could be for Spirit Shackle... somehow.

Final Smash would be Sinister Arrow Raid.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, I'm not optimistic. I don't think being a starter in Legends: Arceus is a big enough point in the owl's favor, and if we get another Pokemon at all, I fully expect it to be from the most recent generation as has been the status quo for three games now. Would be super happy to see it, though!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Gotta say if it is decidueye I would have thought the base character would be someone taller

Although why bother with pitoo surely pit would be fine
It probably has something to do with how different Dark Pit's neutral B is compared to Pit's.

How tall is Dark Pit anyway? Decidueye is 5'3" (I assume that's what 5'03" means).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It probably has something to do with how different Dark Pit's neutral B is compared to Pit's.

How tall is Dark Pit anyway? Decidueye is 5'3" (I assume that's what 5'03" means).
i dont think anyones their right size in smash now that i think about it

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I hate how I’m excited over a glimmer of hope, but oh well. Not expecting the dark pit thing to be for Decidueye, but dang would it be awesome.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just want to say I sympathize with you guys for having your character deconfirmed because another character excludes them. That’s me with Elma, I hoped for her for so long, and while I’ve accepted Pyra/Mythra’s inclusion, I feel the situation is very similar.

May both of them get a chance next time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just want to say I sympathize with you guys for having your character deconfirmed because another character excludes them. That’s me with Elma, I hoped for her for so long, and while I’ve accepted Pyra/Mythra’s inclusion, I feel the situation is very similar.

May both of them get a chance next time.
must sting that elma wasnt even considered

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
Would anyone be bothered if they made a 2nd pokemon trainer with the starters from Legends Arceus? Decidueye is the most popular final stage starter from the three. Then it's up to them if they want Dewott or Quilava and so forth (though I'm aware of Rowlet's popularity, I think they'd prioritize the final stage mon first).

This would also indirectly cover gens that have minimal content (gen 2 with no stage & only 1 song, gen 5 with no character & 4 songs, and gen 7 with no stage & 6 songs).

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Would anyone be bothered if they made a 2nd pokemon trainer with the starters from Legends Arceus? Decidueye is the most popular final stage starter from the three. Then it's up to them if they want Dewott or Quilava and so forth (though I'm aware of Rowlet's popularity, I think they'd prioritize the final stage mon first).
a trainer with the three greatest starters ever?

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
just wanna say I wouldn’t be surprised if decidueye was added as smash dlc to promote pokémon legends

it was even almost base roster

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If another ballot happened, do you guys think Decidueye might have another chance if it does well?

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
If another ballot happened, do you guys think Decidueye might have another chance if it does well?
I'm thinking maybe top 30, top 20 if lucky. Don't know if there's enough smash fans who desperately need a pokemon character (sadly most stick to speculating the recent gen pokemon that others are, even if they don't care for it) and if there were, the pokemon above Decidueye in the 2020 popularity poll are more likely to be requested (from what I've seen).

Maybe if Sakurai picks based on what moveset suggestions are given instead of most requested he'd have a chance, otherwise I think not. Many have moved on now that Incineroar is in the game.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So the DLC thread is despite all odds entertaining Decidueye as the possible last character… maybe you guys will finally be thrown a bone

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not at all mad about Incineroar, as he personally reminds me of a hybrid of my two childhood cats who died between Sm4sh and Ultimate.

...but I am baffled as to how Incineroar would have been considered more unique than Decidueye.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I'm not at all mad about Incineroar, as he personally reminds me of a hybrid of my two childhood cats who died between Sm4sh and Ultimate.

...but I am baffled as to how Incineroar would have been considered more unique than Decidueye.
It was mainly because he wanted to make a wrestler character.

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Good... A last pass here before all hopes to see Decidueye in Smash Bros be officially buried forever...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If anything, a handful of people in the main thread are becoming more hopeful for Decidueye especially given the second chances theory

I wish you guys luck

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't usually post in support threads but Decidueye is my most wanted so what the heck
I don't think they're gonna be CP11, but I don't think I'll ever stop wanting them

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tomorrow is our final chance, though it's more of a formality; I don't see Decidueye getting in. I think we're getting a Gen 8 Pokémon as our final DLC character, but I never really got a prediction right, so who knows.

If Decidueye gets in, I will be extremely happy. But I'm keeping my expectations very low.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Decidueye is in a unique position of being relevant in an upcoming game and being relevant in a game that came out just before Base but could have missed out on the middle somewhere in favor of Gen 8.

We'll see how it all plays out but he's top of my list for non-Gen 8 Pokemon.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Decidueye is in a unique position of being relevant in an upcoming game and being relevant in a game that came out just before Base but could have missed out on the middle somewhere in favor of Gen 8.

We'll see how it all plays out but he's top of my list for non-Gen 8 Pokemon.
It's also worth noting that Decidueye's actually been considered by Sakurai before, so they have that as an edge over most Pokemon not from Gen 8.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though if Decidueye is in, the question then becomes what stage does it bring with it?

Incinaroar didn't bring an Alolan Stage, it just stole Little Mac's so there's a lot of potential there but there's also the potential of a Hsuian (aka ancient Sinnoh-ian) stage.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Though if Decidueye is in, the question then becomes what stage does it bring with it?

Incinaroar didn't bring an Alolan Stage, it just stole Little Mac's so there's a lot of potential there but there's also the potential of a Hsuian (aka ancient Sinnoh-ian) stage.
The lack of an Alolan stage is one of the most disappointing things about Ultimate for me. I really would've liked to see a traveling Ultra Space stage.
With that said, I think if Decidueye gets in, they'll have a Hisuian stage with them. Maybe something from the trailer?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tomorrow is the day we either bury Decidueye for good or celebrate their inclusion

Based on Sakurai's latest tweets, I'm guessing the former

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's over for me, if Sora can not take away the disgust of not having had Decidueye for the character of my stalker, no character would give me the desire to replay at Smash Bros.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well, it's over for me, if Sora can not take away the disgust of not having had Decidueye for the character of my stalker, no character would give me the desire to replay at Smash Bros.
I don't understand. Is there not a single character on the roster that you like?

Top Bottom