• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alola's Arboreal Archer - The Decidueye for Smash Thread (RIP the dream)

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Given the prices of the Pokémon Home and given that we always have to pay the Bank to send its old Pokémon to the new games, it is not tomorrow the day before that I would send a Decidueye from SM to SwSh... Unless he lands in Smash of course...

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Given the prices of the Pokémon Home and given that we always have to pay the Bank to send its old Pokémon to the new games, it is not tomorrow the day before that I would send a Decidueye from SM to SwSh... Unless he lands in Smash of course...
Welcome to the era of Game FrEAk

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
No, but it's crazy. Releasing an average game because they no longer keep up with the rhythm of one game per year, it's understandable, but the pass at 30€ + the Pokémon Home subscription of 1€6 per year + The Pokémon Bank, because we have to continue to pay it to transfer its Pokémon from 3DS to the Switch, and below, you have the internet subscription to Nintendo to subscribe for it to work... Oh my god !

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No, but it's crazy. Releasing an average game because they no longer keep up with the rhythm of one game per year, it's understandable, but the pass at 30€ + the Pokémon Home subscription of 1€6 per year + The Pokémon Bank, because we have to continue to pay it to transfer its Pokémon from 3DS to the Switch, and below, you have the internet subscription to Nintendo to subscribe for it to work... Oh my god !
i cant find anything that says you need an nintendo online subscription to use home

D

Deleted member

It is a lot all together no doubt.

Definetly think the DLC is worth the price but should have been in the game from the start.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I think the Isle of Armor and Crown Taundra will be solid additions but yeah.

Maybe they should have added this from the start. Still excited though.

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
... Who votes Decidueye for the election of Pokemon of the year :D ?

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Happy Pokemon Day!

The results for the election of the Pokémon of the year fell and... Decidueye is not in the top 10... HOWEVER, Decidueye is 3rd among Alola's Pokémon, behind Rowlet and Mimikyu, and 22nd in the ranking all regions combined !

Decidueye could have been in the top 3 if he had been in Smash bros and if the anime had not mistreated him...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Happy Pokemon Day!

The results for the election of the Pokémon of the year fell and... Decidueye is not in the top 10... HOWEVER, Decidueye is 3rd among Alola's Pokémon, behind Rowlet and Mimikyu, and 22nd in the ranking all regions combined !

Decidueye could have been in the top 3 if he had been in Smash bros and if the anime had not mistreated him...
ok first that fact that he still beat inceneroar should suggest that being in smash probably would not have done much and second decidueye was treated no worse than the signature pokemon of any other rival than the anime

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
I base myself on the fact that Lucario and Greninja had this treatment and that they are the first 2... But not Mewtwo strangely... No, it's really weird...

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe Greninja is the most popular pokemon at all lol, when he was relevent and in japan sure. I think the list was trimmed down to not be literal most populars since the last time they did one, it was basically all legendaries and starters. This time it had garchomp who is popular but not exactly top 10.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't believe Greninja is the most popular pokemon at all lol, when he was relevent and in japan sure. I think the list was trimmed down to not be literal most populars since the last time they did one, it was basically all legendaries and starters. This time it had garchomp who is popular but not exactly top 10.
or the trends of whose popular have changed since then, different people voted this time than before, peoples opinions changed. theres nothing to say the most popular pokemon from before would remain the most popular forever

D

Deleted member

Happy Pokémon Day regardless of it’s place it’s a solid list and I’m happy some of my favourites are on it like Toxtricity and Lycanroc. And of course my favourite Pokémon Decidueye is up there so I’m sold.

BigRedMonster07

Smash Cadet
Support all the way. Decidueye is my second favourite pokemon. My favourite is Noctowl

Here is a decidueye reveal trailer, inspired by :ulthero:

We see a forested glade, in which we see :ultincineroar:and :ultgreninja:. Icineroar is bragging as greninja is meditating, ignoring him.

suddenly, it clouds over and the wind gets harsher. The two pokemon look up to see a shadow clone of :ultpokemontrainer: who releases all his pokemon and silently gives the order to attack

we see a pair of eyes staring back at them from the gloom.

We see incineroar tackle charizard while greninja counters squirtle’s attack.

we see three arrows stuck in a tree branch get plucked out

We see charizard overpowering incineroar and squirtle and ivysaur teaming up on greninja

We see an arrow being notched

blackness

we hear a twanging sound.

we see an arrow in the reflection of pokemon trainer’s eye

A shape rushes from the forest

These words pop up on screen: Decidueye snipes ‘em down!

gameplay footage

We see charizard rush towards Decidueye. Decidueye looks defeated...

but Greninja comes in with shadow sneak and KOs it.

ivysaur crushes greninja down...

Before incineroar piledrivers it away. Squirtle hits withdraw, knocking incineroar over...

But decidueye uses leaf blade to kill it.

we see a rillaboom carved into a tree. Several arrows shoot it.

D

Deleted member

Genuinely surprised this thread's been active while I was gone. Didn't think that many people still cared.
Anyone wants to take over? My support hasn't wavered as much as my interest in Smash Bros as a whole and I think someone with more passion would be better suited to own it than me.

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
Genuinely surprised this thread's been active while I was gone. Didn't think that many people still cared.
Anyone wants to take over? My support hasn't wavered as much as my interest in Smash Bros as a whole and I think someone with more passion would be better suited to own it than me.
I’d be fine with taking over. Though whether or not I’ll be in frequent discussion with other posters is up in the air.

D

Deleted member

I’d be fine with taking over. Though whether or not I’ll be in frequent discussion with other posters is up in the air.
Aight, I'll just let the mods do their thing since I can't transfer ownership myself as far as I know

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
What a cruel world. With the Pokkén Tournament DX free trial, people imagined that Decidueye might be a possible Fighter Pass 2 candidate agai ... They might be in the minority, but now I'm going to be sad again when everything the DLC will be revealed and to see that Decidueye has not been selected to represent Pokkén. Yet I know it won't happen... But now that I have it in mind...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What a cruel world. With the Pokkén Tournament DX free trial, people imagined that Decidueye might be a possible Fighter Pass 2 candidate agai ... They might be in the minority, but now I'm going to be sad again when everything the DLC will be revealed and to see that Decidueye has not been selected to represent Pokkén. Yet I know it won't happen... But now that I have it in mind...
everyone feels dissapointed when a character they want doesnt make it

UserKev

Smash Champion
Decidueye is actually a fun Pokemon. It's colorful and I love it's movepool. It's many weaknesses doesn't bother me. Mimikyu is straight up boring in terms of it's movepool and fairly predictable.

Sign Sorry, Lamp. Wish you got what you wanted.

I want to use a Decidueye in my Shield playthrough. Gotta seriously update my Nintendo membership. I'm hyped and can't wait to use Decidueye.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Well Rowlet is a starter in Legends Arceus, so GF still cares about Decidueye.

Perhaps if the Second Chance theory hold water, Decidueye might somehow slip into the game?

UserKev

Smash Champion
Dudes, dudes Pokémon Legends has Rowlet as a starter. Rowlet means Decidueye, and Decidueye in a mainstream Pokémon game means a second chance for smash down the line?

Thoughts?
Decidueye's support is phenomenally established, it's a given and would bring more fans. I want Decidueye in now because I love the aesthetic of it's evolution line.

Didn't Sakurai also acknowledge the owl?

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
This Pokémon has a shot if The Pokémon Company wants a representative to coincide with Pokémon Legends Arceus.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
It's interesting to see people talking about Decidueye again. In general, I have a fairly "meh" view towards additional Pokemon in Smash. Incineroar wasn't really my cup of tea and the Sword/Shield starters never appealed to me either. As much as I like the games, they are pretty well represented in Ultimate already.

That being said, I really like Decidueye. I've always been a fan of the grass starters and Decidueye is easily one of my favorite Pokemon to come from the recent generations. I love owls, I like ghosts, and archers are rad. It seems that his odds depend on whether or not we see a third fighters pass. If we do end up miraculously getting a third batch of characters, then I will definitely be rooting for my ghostly owl boy.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Interestingly, the Smash fighter who most resembles Decidueye, Dark Pit, has a glitch as of the latest patch. His arrow kinda sticks to him when it shouldn't. Glitches that other characters have had in the past seem to line up with upcoming DLC characters, such as Bayonetta having some glitches before Min Min was added (could see Bayo's giant fists having been used as a basis to build Min Min's ARMS off of). This is, however, very speculative, as we don't have concrete proof that using those characters/their attacks as a starting point towards another character's moves is what's happening.

The timing is pretty funny, though. We get Min Min, then we get Pyra and Mythra. The other character Sakurai talked about considering at that time was Decidueye. And now, a Dark Pit glitch just as little Rowlet is in the spotlight again.

I still don't feel like Decidueye is likely, but you never know! Count me in as a supporter, I love my Pokken main!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Interestingly, the Smash fighter who most resembles Decidueye, Dark Pit, has a glitch as of the latest patch. His arrow kinda sticks to him when it shouldn't. Glitches that other characters have had in the past seem to line up with upcoming DLC characters, such as Bayonetta having some glitches before Min Min was added (could see Bayo's giant fists having been used as a basis to build Min Min's ARMS off of). This is, however, very speculative, as we don't have concrete proof that using those characters/their attacks as a starting point towards another character's moves is what's happening.

The timing is pretty funny, though. We get Min Min, then we get Pyra and Mythra. The other character Sakurai talked about considering at that time was Decidueye. And now, a Dark Pit glitch just as little Rowlet is in the spotlight again.

I still don't feel like Decidueye is likely, but you never know! Count me in as a supporter, I love my Pokken main!
in what way is pitoo anything like decidueye?

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman

That's a very good point, maybe Decidueye is in the game after all. It'd be quite ironic considering the fact that it was between him and Incineroar for the base roster of Smash Ultimate.

Top Bottom