• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alola's Arboreal Archer - The Decidueye for Smash Thread (RIP the dream)

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
I make a prediction : Decidueye will be a bonus character offered for the purchase of the Fighter Pass and the next character pass...

We do our best to spend the New Year.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I make a prediction : Decidueye will be a bonus character offered for the purchase of the Fighter Pass and the next character pass...

We do our best to spend the New Year.
my prediction is the next bunch wont be a pass

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Decidueye does have an advantage over other Alolan Pokemon because Sakurai actually considered it to be playable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Decidueye does have an advantage over other Alolan Pokemon because Sakurai actually considered it to be playable.
Yeah but having advantages over another Alolan Pokémon is equivalent to being the tallest dwarf. It doesn't really matter since there's no reason for Sakurai to double dip on Alola now that we're in Gen VIII.

And I say that as someone who'd love Decidueye.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah but having advantages over another Alolan Pokémon is equivalent to being the tallest dwarf. It doesn't really matter since there's no reason for Sakurai to double dip on Alola now that we're in Gen VIII.

The Sword and Shield Spirit event cemented for me that we aren't getting a Galar Pokemon on the roster.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Sword and Shield Spirit event cemented for me that we aren't getting a Galar Pokemon on the roster.
Likewise. Similarly, the existing Alola content did the same for me with Decidueye's odds.

Basically I just 100% think we're not getting a Pokémon character as DLC.

D

Deleted member

Still would like it in though not as high as my most wanted newcomers still would like to see my favourite Pokemon Decidueye get in.

Darn shame it won't happen now.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Chrom isn't chosen to rep Awakening: Request him, he joins the battle in the next game
Decidueye/Mimikyu/Lycanroc isn't chosen to rep SM: Don't ask questions, just consume moveset_wrestler.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
More so Chrom was so heavilly dunked on in 4 and him being an easy echo idea. If Decidueye was in that same situation it would be easy. But Decidueye would be fully unique, for Decidueye to get in now Sakurai would have had to REALLY like the moveset idea he had for them and if he liked it that much I think he'd just be in right now. We've seen strange things like outright saying Springman and Rex were gonna be in but then deconfirming them in the same Direct that confirmed the idea of DLC.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
tell that to all the other characters hes considered but still not put in

More so Chrom was so heavilly dunked on in 4 and him being an easy echo idea. If Decidueye was in that same situation it would be easy. But Decidueye would be fully unique, for Decidueye to get in now Sakurai would have had to REALLY like the moveset idea he had for them and if he liked it that much I think he'd just be in right now. We've seen strange things like outright saying Springman and Rex were gonna be in but then deconfirming them in the same Direct that confirmed the idea of DLC.
to be fair they were only deconfirmed for the base roster

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
More so Chrom was so heavilly dunked on in 4 and him being an easy echo idea.
Still, it shows that people are less submissive when it comes to their preferred FE reps. If Edelgard gets in you bet within a year there'll be another 3H rep added because the people who prefer Byleth/Claude/Dimitri will be louder than the people who wanted Decidueye/Mimikyu/Lycanroc.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Likewise. Similarly, the existing Alola content did the same for me with Decidueye's odds.

Basically I just 100% think we're not getting a Pokémon character as DLC.
There is still some content that could be added. There is no stage based on the Alola games, some music tracks are notably absent, like Vs. Hau, Vs. Guzma, and any theme from USUM, and there are glaring absences in the Spirit list, like the other 2 fully evolved starters, Lycanroc, all of the Ultra Beasts barring Nihilego, and any of the new Pokemon introduced in USUM.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Starter pokemon spirit wise have all had some kind of presence in smash, the only one that doesnt is rowlet, which was probably added due to its immense japanese popularity. Stuff from USUM not really being a thing isnt too surprising when you look at older games and how they've handled it, pretty sure smash 4 doesnt have the 2 kyurem forms. The biggest USUM stuff we have in right now are Necrozma fight (being a giant gold mewtwo) and the pokemon trainer alt and those were probably easier to add than say Zeraora as a pokeball pokemon.

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
I doubt that the absence of popular music from SM is a good argument.

Me what shocks me the most is the absence of internship related to SM, while the Nihilego World would have been perfect. But again, this is not an argument.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I doubt that the absence of popular music from SM is a good argument.

Me what shocks me the most is the absence of internship related to SM, while the Nihilego World would have been perfect. But again, this is not an argument.
i dont think that was an argument i think they were just saying there was more to add

also sorry to be nitpicky but nihilego's world is called ultra deep sea

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
i dont think that was an argument i think they were just saying there was more to add

also sorry to be nitpicky but nihilego's world is called ultra deep sea
Yeah. I was saying that there was enough content that could be added that would justify adding a second Alolan Pokemon to the roster.

D

Deleted member

Too bad they didn't add more music Pokemon Sun and Moon have some cool tracks honestly.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
Too bad they didn't add more music Pokemon Sun and Moon have some cool tracks honestly.
The theme for the Tapus & Ultra Beasts should have been included in Smash, although as a lifelong Pokemon fan, I think that Smash has done a pretty poor job in terms of music selection from the series imo. No spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Rumble, Stadium, Colosseum, XD, etc, have ever gotten representation in Smash, only the mainline games. Then even from the main games, a lot of the tracks picked are anti-hype (like the Pokemon Center remix, which has no right of being a fight song in Smash). Sure some like Unova Route 10 are great to see, but the fact that Smash has never done anything like a Gym Leader theme (only a gym theme, which is nowhere as cool), the original Champion theme from RBY, and more is an outright disservice to the series.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The theme for the Tapus & Ultra Beasts should have been included in Smash, although as a lifelong Pokemon fan, I think that Smash has done a pretty poor job in terms of music selection from the series imo. No spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Rumble, Stadium, Colosseum, XD, etc, have ever gotten representation in Smash, only the mainline games. Then even from the main games, a lot of the tracks picked are anti-hype (like the Pokemon Center remix, which has no right of being a fight song in Smash). Sure some like Unova Route 10 are great to see, but the fact that Smash has never done anything like a Gym Leader theme (only a gym theme, which is nowhere as cool), the original Champion theme from RBY, and more is an outright disservice to the series.
well smash isnt about accurate portrayals of series

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The issue is that most of the spin-offs, especially Mystery Dungeon, require extra licensing hassles due to being made by a third party. Nintendo has even less of a hand in those than they do the core games.

It says something when the only spin offs with significant content are Todd Snap and Zero-1 getting trophies in Melee (since HAL made both Melee and Pokémon Snap) and a single Detective Pikachu spirit in Ultimate (it was made by Creatures, Inc, which already has to be talked with for Pokémon in general, anyway).

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
By cons, as it was Hal Laboratory which developed this spin-off, we could have music from Pokemon Ranger... Well, it's true that apart from Go-Rock Squad theme, there has not so much a striking theme in there...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
By cons, as it was Hal Laboratory which developed this spin-off, we could have music from Pokemon Ranger... Well, it's true that apart from Go-Rock Squad theme, there has not so much a striking theme in there...
there in may lie the point, the music is picked by the composers who may not have taken to any of the music from the spin offs

theres also this thing where they supposedly pick from a set list of games/songs so thats probably a factor and all

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Friday is my birthday and a day before, we have a Pokemon Direct... If they announced Decidueye in Smash bros, it would be a nice gift :3...

I know it won't happen, but I'm trying to see if I can still dream.

D

Deleted member

Would be amazing if Decidueye is announced doubt it.

But would be cool.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Friday is my birthday and a day before, we have a Pokemon Direct... If they announced Decidueye in Smash bros, it would be a nice gift :3...

I know it won't happen, but I'm trying to see if I can still dream.
well we might the confirmation of when we can bring our favourite owl to sword and shield

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Well, it was nice to dream, but I will never have one of my totemic Pokémon in Smash... So it hurts even more.

And how bad I will hurt when they announce Rillaboom instead...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, it was nice to dream, but I will never have one of my totemic Pokémon in Smash... So it hurts even more.

And how bad I will hurt when they announce Rillaboom instead...
youre just a touch paranoid about this whole thing

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
it really isnt, now come on we're going to e able to get him legitimately in sword and shield next month
For me, it doesn't change anything. I am not playing a new game of a new generation to play with the old Pokémon.

Well, if not, I still have the responsibility to do that.

Sarchéduc.png

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
For me, it doesn't change anything. I am not playing a new game of a new generation to play with the old Pokémon.

Well, if not, I still have the responsibility to do that.

View attachment 257641
well of course its gonna be hard to be a fan if youre not gonna be pleased to see him in other games, i focus on the new pokemon each gen but it doesnt mean im not pleased to see my favourites from the past ones

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm glad the board is up and running again. Decidueye is my favourite Pokemon. So Smash or not it always has my support!

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to say something stupid again, but...

Intelleon's a sniper... Decidueye's a sniper...

Based solely on sniper gameplay, like Incineroar with wrestler gameplay, Intelleon can be in the game and Decidueye would be its echo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to say something stupid again, but...

Intelleon's a sniper... Decidueye's a sniper...

Based solely on sniper gameplay, like Incineroar with wrestler gameplay, Intelleon can be in the game and Decidueye would be its echo.
ok thats odder than suggesting for geninja

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but if not, how do I continue to support Decidueye.

The idea of abandoning it after having supported it so much is too hard.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

For one thing, you need to understand that echoes need to have the exact same body shape. Even Ken doesn't cheat that much.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well if you need to make up reasons for supporting a character then you may not actually want them that much, supporting a character for smash is simply wanting to see them in smash it doesnt require and special actions or any reason beyond "i like this character"

Lionel_B

Smash Apprentice
But I sincerely want it... It's just that now that Incineroar is in the game, the people who sincerely want Decidueye are ignored... And then, well, I have not abandoned Decidueye for Rillaboom.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
But I sincerely want it... It's just that now that Incineroar is in the game, the people who sincerely want Decidueye are ignored... And then, well, I have not abandoned Decidueye for Rillaboom.
theres always gonna be people who ignore your character requests, that just the internet

Top Bottom