• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alm Delivers Victory

If you had to see another FE rep, who would you want?

• Total voters

DMan64

Smash Cadet

Leader of the Deliverance, Alm is one of the two main characters in Fire Emblem Gaiden and it's upcoming remake, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. A young man from the war torn continent of Valentia, he leads the Deliverance against Rigel and Emperor Rudolf. He heavily values justice, though has a black and white outlook on the war and can be rather stubborn.

Attributes: In terms of Fire Emblem fighters, Alm could be based off of his stat growths from Echoes, resulting in a character that is generally well rounded compared to other Fire Emblem fighters, though his strength and defense would stand out. He would have average ground and aerial mobility and would have a good amount of range thanks to his version of the Falchion. They could also base him off of his Lord class, in which he could utilize Bows. In terms of mechanics Alm would have a few interesting things that would make him stand out among the other fighters.

Fatigue: A mechanic introduced in Fire Emblem Tharacia 776 reworked for in Echoes is the fatigue system. In Echoes, the fatigue system works very differently than in 776. In Echoes, the more you use a unit, the more tired they will be, and as a result, their stats would decrease. This can be worked into Smash in a variety of ways. It can, in a sense work like a reverse aura mechanic, where the higher Alm's percent is, the lower amount of damage and knock back he will do he will do, but if his percent stays lower, he can deal some serious damage with his attacks.

Entrence: Similar to the other Fire Emblem characters, he would arrive via warp circle, but it would have a more red coloration to match with Echoes red color theme.

Idle:Alm's stance would take influence to the position Alm takes before and after attacking an enemy in Echoes.

Sleeping: It'd be similar to that of either Marth or Roy.

Dash: His dash would be based off of his running animation from Echoes when inside of a dungeon.

Jab: Alm would take inspiration from the dungeon crawling aspects of Echoes and would be based off the chain attack he can do in said dungeon.

Dash Attack: Alm's dash attack mirrors his dash attack in Echoes, ramming into enemies with his arm

F-tilt: His f-tilt would be a horizontal slash with his Falchion, used mainly as a powerful strike that can KO or knock opponents away.

D-tilt: D-tilt would be similar to Ike and Corrin's, launching the opponent upward.

U-tilt: U-tilt would be similar to Ike's.

F-Smash: Similar to Ike/Roy

D-Smash: D-Smash would be similar to Marth/Lucina's/Roy, but instead of swiping one way, then the other, Alm would continue swinging the blade in the direction he initially swings.

F-air: Unlike other FE characters, Alm would utilize an iron bow and launches an arrow in front of him, similar to Villagers fair, but the damage/knockback is consistent, but it covers less distance.

B-air: Similar to Villagers B-air, but consistent damage/knockback, and less distance covered.

N-air: Similar to Ike, but launches opponent at a more diagonal angle.

U-air: Similar to Ike.

D-air: Alm holds his sword downward similar to Link/Cloud. It spikes at the start and sends upward during later portions of the move.

Grab Pummel: Alm hits opponents with the butt of his sword.

Forward throw: Alm tosses the opponent forward, this would be used to keep the opponent off stage.

Down throw: This throw would deal average damage and knock back, and could be used to combo.

Up throw: This throw would be used to get your opponent up in the air, other than that it would KO at much higher percentages.

Back throw: Unlike some of the other FE characters, sans Robin, back throw would be Alm's primary KO throw, being a very strong move that deals a good amount of damage.

As you will see, a good amount of Alm's attacks would be similar the other Fire Emblem characters(despite some notable differences), but his special moves are what will make him stand out. Bear in mind there will be some minor spoilers for Fire Emblem Echoes, but nothing to major.

Neutral B/Bow:Unlike other bow specials, the charge would change the damage/knockback of the arrow, to somewhat reflect how bows were in Echoes/Gaiden. You'd also be able to angle your shot while charging, and the charge itself would take time. The arrow as a result would travel as quickly as a full charge from Link, but faster than a full charge from Toon Link.

Side B/Windsweep:In a small nod to the mobile game FE Heroes, Windsweep in Smash would work a bit differently. It would be a cross between Ike and Fox's side specials, however, if you press the button as you hit the enemy, it will send the enemy flying. If not, it will instead briefly stun the enemy, allowing you to follow up if you time your strike right.

Down B/Mila's Turnwheel: This is an especially unique ability. In a new edition to Echoes, Mila's Turnwheel allowed the player to turn back the clock and redo a move they messed up, however it could only be used 3 times. In Smash this move could work a few ways. One way is that it could be implemented is that it could act like a counter, only instead of dealing damage, it could send your opponent back three seconds. Another way is that you could only use it once per stock, but doing so would undo any action that happened in the past five or six seconds. In order to use it however, it would require a manual charge taking about ten seconds. If you are KOed with the charge however, it will be depleted, thus you cannot use it to regain a lost stock.

Up B: Aerial Strike: This isn't really based off anything in Echoes or Gaiden. Pressing Up B once lets Alm dash upwards(you can control the angle of ascent), pressing it a second time see's Alm striking downward at a 45 degree angle, launching any opponent that is hit.

Final Smash:Dragon Conquest:Based off of his ultimate skill in Fire Emblem Echoes, Alm powers up the Falchion and deals incredible damage. In smash this can be a transformation final smash, in which the powered up Falchion deals insane damage and knockback.

Taunts
1)Points the Falchion in front of him, boasting "This is how it's done."
2)Points the Falchion in the air as it gleams with light.
3)Subtle fist pump, with the Falchion point towards the ground in the other hand stating "This ends here!"

Victory Animations
1)Alm sheaths his blade, swinging his hand at his side stating "I'll never yield."
2)Puts his arm out like in his portrait and states "I've got this."
3)Alm holds the Falchion to his face and swings it downward, stating "The Deliverance shall prevail."

Why Alm has a chance:
1)Timing-Fire Emblem Echoes is a more relevant game, as such if there is going to be a new Smash, say a port on Switch or a new title, Alm's chances increase. That's part of why Robin and Greninja got in the game.
2)Unique potential for a move set-While his standard moves wouldn't seem like much, there is a lot they could do to make Alm stand out, as I just outlined how.
3)Fire Emblem's rising popularity-Fire Emblem has been getting more successful as time's gone on, with Nintendo now considering it a major IP, so it would make sense to keep riding with that popularity.

What goes against Alm:
1)Another FE Rep-You can't argue with this, even if you are a Fire Emblem fan like myself. The only way I could see people be fine with this is if the developers included at least 2-3 newcomers from other series before FE (such as Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc.) Even Sakurai has stated that he was hesitant on adding Corrin because he felt that there would be to many FE reps, but included him/her because she was unique.

2)Other popular FE characters that present unique move sets-Let's face it, compared to other characters like Azura and Takumi, Alm can seem very basic by comparison at face value. Aside from that, more people know who Azura and Takumi are. And if we were to have a sword user who uses a bow, they could also use Lyn, given her promoted class uses bows, and she's way more popular than Alm is. Even then, the new Fire Emblem for Switch in 2018 may get that representation instead, because it could be more relevant by the time the new Smash comes out.

Last edited:
I'm shocked it took this long for Alm to get a thread. Oh well

I only ask that spoilers be spoiler tagged, especially because the game has yet to be released in the west.

My opinion of the character begins and end at "cool design" since I haven't played

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Only opinion I have is that the original game aged poorly (which I've played) and I hope the remake fixes that.

If he does happen, I wouldn't mind. Just as long as he doesn't wind up being a Marth clone in the end. That would be some serious wasted potential.

DMan64

Smash Cadet

I only ask that spoilers be spoiler tagged, especially because the game has yet to be released in the west.

My opinion of the character begins and end at "cool design" since I haven't played
Gotcha, if their's anything you think I should tag let me know, I'm not too sure given that the game technically has been around for over 20 years.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Gotcha, if their's anything you think I should tag let me know, I'm not too sure given that the game technically has been around for over 20 years.
I'd tag most everything story related just to be safe. The game may be 20 years old, but it was never released in the west, and not everyone has gone ahead and emulated it. Plus there are a ton of FE newcomers still making the rounds, myself included.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

No joke, I was going to make one after playing Echoes if no one else did. :p

That being said, I support Alm, Celica, Lyn, and Takumi (and Chrom) so the poll wasn't fair, haha. Went with Celica after a coin flip. I really like your idea for Mila's Turnwheel, but I think it should have an added/changed restriction, or at least clarification that you can't regain a lost stock using it.

Edit: Changed my vote to Alm because Turnwheel shenanigans sound fun.

Last edited:

DMan64

Smash Cadet
I really like your idea for Mila's Turnwheel, but I think it should have an added/changed restriction, or at least clarification that you can't regain a lost stock using it.

Edit: Changed my vote to Alm because Turnwheel shenanigans sound fun.
Thanks. Thinking about how it could be restricted, the best I could come up with is a ten second manual charge that allowed the match to go back five or six seconds, however, it can only be used once per stock and being KOd would deplete the charge, thus you wouldn't be able to save your stock. However, this means that if you are quick and able to press the button just as hitstun ends you can possibly save yourself at the last second, but next time you are toast. If you have any suggestions about other moves I'd be more than happy to hear them.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I loved Alm's redesign since it was revealed, i certainly wouldn't be opposed to the idea of Alm playable.

I also wonder if Nintendo is going to remake FE4 and Thracia, with the series newfound popularity i think there's a good chance, after the new FE for the Switch of course.

DMan64

Smash Cadet
I loved Alm's redesign since it was revealed, i certainly wouldn't be opposed to the idea of Alm playable.

I also wonder if Nintendo is going to remake FE4 and Thracia, with the series newfound popularity i think there's a good chance, after the new FE for the Switch of course.
I could see that happening, depending on how Shadow's of Valentia does, we may end up with an Echoes sub-series, which would be incredible. Also what're your hopes for FE Switch?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Im all for more fire emblem reps, a rep from the upcoming echoes would make some sense although id prefer celica since it would add another strong female character and she may be a bit more unique using magic in addition to the sword (which is all alm's default class has) sort of like robin

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I could see that happening, depending on how Shadow's of Valentia does, we may end up with an Echoes sub-series, which would be incredible. Also what're your hopes for FE Switch?
I wouldn't make much changes to the core game, but i'm really digging how the dungeon exploring of Shadows of Valentia looks and i think it would be cool to see it in more games, including FE Switch. Aside from that, logically is going to be an all new entry to the series, a return to home consoles (even though the Switch is more like a hybrid) and the first FE in HD too, maybe it won't be a at larger scale than Fates which spans 3 games, but still a sizable title

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I've always imagined Alm as a Roy clone--only he uses lightning instead of fire. And like Lucina, his power would be evened along the blade. That said, I wouldn't mind having both Alm and Celica added; the latter with an original moveset, and the former an easy clone.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually support. Echoes is a great game, especially for a remake. And I think Alm would have a very fun moveset. His moves basically write themselves. Yet I don't think his bow needs to be shoehorned into his moveset. Alm is mainly a sword fighter, and the bow is only a cute option for counter attacking.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually support. Echoes is a great game, especially for a remake. And I think Alm would have a very fun moveset. His moves basically write themselves. Yet I don't think his bow needs to be shoehorned into his moveset. Alm is mainly a sword fighter, and the bow is only a cute option for counter attacking.
I mean, would having the bow really be shoehorned? It's not like he only gets it through reclassing like Robin with Dark Magic, so in that regard it'd make more sense than Robin having Nosferatu, arguably.

No one's saying it should be the majority of his set or anything, but I could see maybe his Neutral Special, maybe his down throw, and maybe an aerial or two involving his bow.

DMan64

Smash Cadet
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong I honestly wasn't thinking of it more of a show horned manner, when I was thinking of the character, I wanted to take elements that encompassed all of the character, while still keeping a primary emphasis on sword fighting. Alm has multiple tools and unique mechanics that can work at his disposal in the games he's in, and the idea of utilizing the bow just made sense to me, especially in conjunction with a fatigue mechanic, possibilities with the turn wheel, amongst other things to help make him a very versatile character.

That said I can see where your coming from.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong I honestly wasn't thinking of it more of a show horned manner, when I was thinking of the character, I wanted to take elements that encompassed all of the character, while still keeping a primary emphasis on sword fighting. Alm has multiple tools and unique mechanics that can work at his disposal in the games he's in, and the idea of utilizing the bow just made sense to me, especially in conjunction with a fatigue mechanic, possibilities with the turn wheel, amongst other things to help make him a very versatile character.

That said I can see where your coming from.
Well that's a way to look at it. But I also consider those other options you named as too shoehorned... A fatigue mechanic am absolutely against. Look how that worked with Pokemon Trainer.

The way I see it.. Alm's moveset can basically be drawn from his game, much like Ike.

I mean. There's the spinning aerial sword attack thst can function as a Neutral Air. One of the critical hit animations has Alm doing a literal Forward Air. Duma slayer is a Down Air. His AAA combo? The three slash attacks he does in the dungeons. Dash attack? Running attack from the dungeon, the shoulder bash ram. Then there's two other attacking animations that could make either a Forward Smash or Forward Tilt.

Double Lion as a Side B that's similar to Marth's Dancing Blade but way more powerful. Scendscale is a definite Final Smash. Guess Counter goes for Down B, he's a Sword Lord after all.....

That leaves just a very few moves that cannot be taken straight out of Echoes. And that's why I think Alm makes a great addition. He's also grown to become one of my most favorite Lords, he ranks just beow Ike at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well that's a way to look at it. But I also consider those other options you named as too shoehorned... A fatigue mechanic am absolutely against. Look how that worked with Pokemon Trainer.

The way I see it.. Alm's moveset can basically be drawn from his game, much like Ike.

I mean. There's the spinning aerial sword attack thst can function as a Neutral Air. One of the critical hit animations has Alm doing a literal Forward Air. Duma slayer is a Down Air. His AAA combo? The three slash attacks he does in the dungeons. Dash attack? Running attack from the dungeon, the shoulder bash ram. Then there's two other attacking animations that could make either a Forward Smash or Forward Tilt.

Double Lion as a Side B that's similar to Marth's Dancing Blade but way more powerful. Scendscale is a definite Final Smash. Guess Counter goes for Down B, he's a Sword Lord after all.....

That leaves just a very few moves that cannot be taken straight out of Echoes. And that's why I think Alm makes a great addition. He's also grown to become one of my most favorite Lords, he ranks just beow Ike at this point.
I'd argue Subdue would make a nice counter variant for Down Special.

Yeah, Alm would more than likely use the Falchion over the Royal Sword, but I don't think giving the former Subdue and Double Lion is too much of a stretch. Basically, like all counters, activating it would require precise timing. Perhaps even more precise than usual here. If it connects, though, the foe takes very heavy damage, but no knockback or hit stun, allowing for Alm to connect this to another move more easily as a combo starter. That'd fit both Subdue's effect of not being able to kill enemies and also fit Alm's archetype as a sort of Lightning Bruiser.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe the Counter attack also allows the opponent to hurt Alm, as any attack that hit in Echoes would at least deal 1 HP of damage. Which was a good mechanic.

Anyway, am still baffled how nobody really mentoins Alm as a potential candidate. He fits easily within Smash, and Echoes is often hailed as best 3DS Fire Emblem. So am still not getting the lack of love.

DMan64

Smash Cadet
I think it mainly has to do with the fact that not that many people played Echoes when compared to Fates and Awakening, which are more popular titles, even though Echoes according to Nintendo was a popular title. Also the fact that it came out shortly after the Switch was released, it would make more sense for people to be interested in that and for Nintendo to put more attention to their new system at that point in time. Not to mention, Fates and Awakening, no matter what you think of them, were two huge games for Fire Emblem, Echoes, while still very good, is still a remake at the end of the day, albeit a very good one that addresses many of the original issues that Gaiden had, and while their was a definite push for that game, compared to Fates and Awakening, it wasn't as heavy. It was just kind of announced and their was a few videos and commercials for it here and there. Not to mention Celica, from what I can tell, seems to be more popular(though I personally don't think she isn't a good character in terms of writing) Not to mention, on a face value, Celica is a bit more unique from Alm due to the fact that she can use magic.

Not to mention, Echoes' characters aren't really as memorable, despite being more down to earth and more relate-able.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I definitely support Alm! Although I think the FE16 lord could be more possible, I still support Alm. I'll take him even as a skin or clone.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I always thought Alm made sense as a replacement for Lucina (just being a marth clone but no tipper) OR as a skin for Roy.

I think ideally him being a skin for Roy makes the most sense from a character standpoint, minus the whole fire thing.

PF9

Smash Lord
Alm and Celica are the most relevant FE characters not already in Smash. I think they will get in. In my headcanons, Alm would join a long line of male FE characters that are homosexual (for Male Corrin, this can be canon).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alm and Celica are the most relevant FE characters not already in Smash. I think they will get in. In my headcanons, Alm would join a long line of male FE characters that are homosexual (for Male Corrin, this can be canon).
Alm literally marries Celica at the end of his game though. Like, Ike I can understand, but Alm is canonically straight.

PF9

Smash Lord
Well that changes everything

If Alm and Celica got in they could still prove vital allies for Marth in his alliance against Link's faction of Smashers in my headcanons. Link and Marth are huge rivals in my headcanons, and Marth has brought all the other non-Zelda swordfighters (all of whom Link also consider rivals) into an alliance. Link has also built an alliance of his own too.

Alm and Celica would make good additions to Marth's alliance (just as a returning Pichu would be good for Link).

So yeah, I'm all in for Alm and Celica.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am still 100% down for Alm honetly. A sort of micture between the styles of Roy and Ike, with a tipper mechanic much like Marth's and the animations of his combat in Echoes and he is a solid addition to the roster. Not the most excitable, but still a good one. Am thinking they will reuse assets from excisting characters for a lot of newcomers anyway, much like the Smash 4 final DLC (Bayonetta, Corrin and Cloud- all using assets from excisting characters.. Zero Suit Samus, Marth and Ike respectively).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I’m down! I even made a moveset for him of my own:

Intro: Alm uses the same warp circle as the other FE characters, but with a red light and small red smoke.

Notable Palette Swaps: Celica, Kliff, Gray, Tobin, Faye, Rudolf, Mycen

Special Moves:

B : Iron Bow; unlike the other bow specials, the Iron Bow has two special effects. If not fully charged, the arrow will stun the enemy but do minimal damage. If fully charged, the arrow will do heavy damage and send the enemy flying horizontally.

B + Forwards : Thunderclap; Alm sends a straight streak of lightning out of his Falchion with a frighteningly long range.

B + Up : Dragon Killer (as in the finisher Alm pulls against Duma); Alm leaps up high into the air when the B button is pressed once. Pressing it twice sends Alm coming right down; the impact leaves a line of blue fire.

B + Down : Mila’s Turnwheel; just as Alm is almost hit when this activates, he will move the attacker back to just three seconds before the attack.

Final Smash: Scendscale; the mark on Alm’s left hand will glow, the Falchion will emit a long blue streak of light, and then Alm downwards, dealing massive damage.

Taunts:

1: “Don’t toy with me.” Alm will spin his Falchion three times and then put back in the scabbard.

2: “For Zofia!” Alm will thrust the Falchion into the air.

1+2: “Mother Mila…please see me through safely.” Alm puts his right hand on his chest, looks down for a bit, and then looks back up.

Winposes:

1: “I’ll never yield!” Alm puts his sword back in his scabbard and thrusts his left arm backwards.

2: “Celica…I hope you’re alright.” Alm looks down at his lucky charm and then looks back up.

3: “This is how it’s done!” Alm puts his right arm up (similar to in his pose from his Echoes artwork).

Icon: The FE series icon.

Victory Music: The FE series victory theme.

Kirby Hat: Alm’s hair and headband.

Stage: Zofia Castle; fighters battle in a walled-off area (similar to the one where Slayde and Desaix are fought in Echoes) near the gates of the castle, with a structure similar to Arena Ferox (but without the transformations). Every now and then, archers will appear and begin a raid; the red targets scattered about indicate where arrows will land. If one of said arrows successfully hits a player, they will be motionless.

Omochao Data: (I can’t come up with anything lol)

Related Music:

-March of Deliverance (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

-With Mila’s Divine Protection (Brawl)

-With Mila’s Divine Protection ~Pilgrimage Ver.~ (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

-Duty ~Ablaze~ (Wii U)

-Together, We Ride (Melee)

-Forbidden Sanctuary ~Monstrosity~ (Fire Emblem Awakening/New Mystery of the Emblem)

-Medeus Battle Medley (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)

-Twilight of the Gods (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

-Fight 1 ~Fire Emblem Gaiden~ (Wii U)

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'd be down for Alm or Celica. Unfortunately they'd probably be Roy and Robin echos, respectively, but hey I'm all for echos getting in some characters that probably wouldn't get in otherwise. And I'm all for more FE reps. I've yet to finish Echoes yet (just ran out of time), but I'm really liking these two!

Although it would be weird if one got in and not the other - so why not add both :)

(...but pls no Takumi...)

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I haven't gotten a shot to play their games yet but I love their designs and the way they are in Heroes (though I wish there was more Alm variations).

You have my Support!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I haven't gotten a shot to play their games yet but I love their designs and the way they are in Heroes (though I wish there was more Alm variations).

You have my Support!
Heh, after playing the game you'll notice how easily Alm's battle animations would write a moveset for him in Smash Bros... It's not even funny how fitting he is! I see you're a Ike fan. Well to compare, Ike also had a lot of his attacks directly taken from his combat animations, mostly of Path of Radiance. But Alm's moveset could easily be made up to 85% or so with his animations alone.

That's also why he has my support. It just becomes far too easy to imagine Alm as a newcomer.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Oh, there's a thread for Alm?! Put me down as a supporter please! With how great SoV's presentation and voice acting were, there was personality oozing from the characters and that especially included Alm. He quickly became one of my favorite FE lords because of how human he felt and as much as I'd love to see him use bows like from his Hero class, I just hope he can at least be an Echo. But still include Scendscale please that cinematic is too great

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Heh, after playing the game you'll notice how easily Alm's battle animations would write a moveset for him in Smash Bros... It's not even funny how fitting he is! I see you're a Ike fan. Well to compare, Ike also had a lot of his attacks directly taken from his combat animations, mostly of Path of Radiance. But Alm's moveset could easily be made up to 85% or so with his animations alone.

That's also why he has my support. It just becomes far too easy to imagine Alm as a newcomer.
I wish I could find some video on Alm's attack animations. I remember reading the reason they made him left handed was to give him unique animations compared to other characters. All I keep finding is story cut scenes.

As for me being an Ike fan that's partially true. Path of Radiance was my first FE game and my favorite one that I've played. But the main reason I have Brave Ike as my profile pic is because he's style is pretty much an anime gallowglass.

D

Deleted member

You know considering that Alm also uses Falchion the idea exists for him to be a Marth Echo. True Lucina already covers that role, but there's no rule stating a character can't have two Echo Fighters.

That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. Get Celica in as a unique (but Robin inspired in some ways) character and have Alm as another Echo Fighter for Marth. Or Roy. Whichever works out best.

I can officially say I would prefer that to it being just Celica. So count me in as an Alm supporter.

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Poor Alm, got swept away because the number of FE characters like him (and Link). He hopefully still appears as a trophy.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Even though this will probably never happen and I'd rather see Celica, I still support (also hoping he manages to win CYL3).

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Alm now has a Legendary form. Personally I'm not a fan of the style but I'm glad he's getting the recognition.

Top Bottom