• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AllYouCanSmash, August 24th Friday, CHICAGO, IL

Mars-

Smash Champion
Aww.... :( Have fun working (at least you have a choice in the matter).
Well it also has to do with the fact that I'm working the full day on the 25th, and since this lasts till 2, it probably wouldn't be the best idea.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'll be needing a parter as well, but since not too many people know me, I doubt I'll be getting one before the tourney. I guess I'll just wait it out until 5 minutes before doubles and team with someone who's desperate for a partner.

Now to get my Friday morning shift covered.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
If you want, you could take the Blue Line over from Van Buren to Racine. That station is just down the street from me, so you could ride to the tournament with me from there. The train only costs $2.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Tink's not making this one anymore so that means i'm teamless now. Slim pickin's left i'm sure, but who still needs a partna'?

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I currently do not have a partner for teams. Perhaps we can reach some sort of arrangement in that regard.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I currently do not have a partner for teams. Perhaps we can reach some sort of arrangement in that regard.
Sure, as long as Brightside already has a partner, since i told him i was gonna team with him, then changed my mind and left him homeless. [sad homeless face]

Scythe

Smash Master
Well Zjiin if Dabear is right in his thinking that he will be late i'll team with you.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Sorry, but I think I'm gonna end up not going to this. There's a tourney in Geneva going on the next day, so it's much closer to me, and it wouldn't cost me $25 to participate ($10 entry fee, $8 metra tickets, and I'm guessing around $6-8 for the L, plus more money if I decide to buy food).

Sorry about that again. Hope everything goes well.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Sorry, but I think I'm gonna end up not going to this. There's a tourney in Geneva going on the next day, so it's much closer to me, and it wouldn't cost me $25 to participate ($10 entry fee, $8 metra tickets, and I'm guessing around $6-8 for the L, plus more money if I decide to buy food).

Sorry about that again. Hope everything goes well.
No problem, I know what'cha mean. (But you missed the "Free all you can eat pizza and pop" with the entry fee note :p)

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Time Updates on the first post. I hope everyone likes the idea of there being more friendlies then tourney matchs... Well, thus the title, All you can smash!

Does everyone think 8 set-ups should be enough to make things go smoothly?
And who likes the idea of playing on an HDTV for finals and some matchs? I'm thinking about bringing my own in but I'm a bit paranoid, none of you have a punch-in-hdtv anger managment problem, eh? Ah, failed joke...

RamonNoodles

Smash Cadet
Having the tournament start that late is kinda dangerous, considering things don't run as smoothly as you think they do, and if they do run smoothly, more power to you. But 4-11 could be too late for people who have to travel. Just a heads up.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
well since im about.. 10-15 mins from that area i might be able to make it ima check with some other friends to see if they wanna tag along =P so its a maybe for me !

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Question

I'll probably come, but I have a few q's. When do you actually need to show up for singles? Can I just register before singles, so I don't have to show up, leave for hours, and then come back? Also... decided on any prizes yet? I'll probably bring a friend.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Holy nearby tournaments, Batman! Food and Smash? I may just have to stop by this. If only it weren't on move-in week I'd be in 100%.

Romulux

Smash Rookie
yeah, i think i'll go to this. I've been meanin to try out the Bluigi. :) you know... since this game is dying and all..

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
alcheato

Are you any good Alcheato? I play as Sheik, and I might be willing to be your partner. BUT WHEN MUST I SHOW UP???

Minty

Smash Apprentice
alright i'll give you my final answer by thursday. So me and one friend, my friend has to check if he doesnt have any family stuff before we can go.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
The space isn't as big as I was informed (As I checked it out personally this week) and since the outcome might be a tad bigger then I thought, we might not fit as comfortably as I hoped. But theres still definatly enough room for this, so I'm sure people won't have too many issues if myself and my friends try to run this as smoothly as possible. (Atleast you won't have to look for your next opponent, he'll probably be standing close! :chuckle:)

Also, because its hard to estimate how long doubles will be, I was thinking about having a set-up open for friendlies only the whole time, for people that come for Singles tourney before doubles is over.

Having the tournament start that late is kinda dangerous, considering things don't run as smoothly as you think they do, and if they do run smoothly, more power to you. But 4-11 could be too late for people who have to travel. Just a heads up.
I know what'cha mean, somewhat, though i've never hosted a tourney before, but I think it'd be better with a late start so everyone who was going to be cutting it close (Including one of my best friends and teamate who lives in the suburbs...) doesn't have to worry as much. And I figure people can get in lots of nice friendlies beforehand.

...Just as you said though, it probably won't be as smoothly then I think! I guarentee me and my friends will try to make it run as smooth as possible though, because we suffered first hand from crappy tournaments... (Like acen tournies -_-)

I'll probably come, but I have a few q's. When do you actually need to show up for singles? Can I just register before singles, so I don't have to show up, leave for hours, and then come back? Also... decided on any prizes yet? I'll probably bring a friend.
I'm sorry I can't give you an exact time for singles, but its pretty hard to estimate, we will have a break inbetween doubles and singles if were missing some people, so I'm thinking maybe... hour or two after doubles? we'll be sure to wait til most people on the list show up. You can register for singles anytime before we start singles.

We'll be doing a basic %/%/% prize from the pot ofcourse, for the first 3 places, I just wasn't sure what the norm is, so I'll figure that out.

Are you any good Alcheato? I play as Sheik, and I might be willing to be your partner. BUT WHEN MUST I SHOW UP???
Earliest you can show up is 2 pm, if you want to get here a little before doubles, you should come a lil before 4 pm.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
so is it for sure on friday the 24th? I was seeing some debate about dates.

Tink

Smash Hero
so, if this is actually starting at 4, i can make it <_<.....who is partnerless atm? i need to see my options o,0.

Top Bottom