• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Allllll Aboarddddd!" The Conductor (The Polar Express) for MultiVersus Support Thread

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Since this support thread is being posted on Christmas night, I guess you can call this a Christmas gift from me in terms of talking about a character from one of Warner's holiday classics. Merry Christmas/belated Christmas to you all then and Happy Holidays regardless of what you celebrate!

1_Polar-Express-takes-us-to-a-magical-winter-wonderland.jpg

What is The Polar Express?

The Polar Express is the classic children’s book written and illustrated by Chris Van Allsburg and published by Houghton Mifflin in 1985. This book has been revered as a Christmas classic for kids. Most notably, the book has a calming storyline and vivid illustrations. It is simply super iconic! Basically, for those who do not know the story, it is about a young boy who finds a steam locomotive outside of his house known as the Polar Express. The train goes to the North Pole and even then, all the passengers on the train were children in pajamas! Then, they go to the North Pole and see Santa himself. We then find that the hero boy wants one of the bells from the reindeer and he got it. However…the bell fell through the hero boy’s pocket later on. But then, when it was Christmas morning, the hero boy found that Santa had delivered the Christmas bell to him as a gift. That’s the plot of the heartwarming story.

Move forward to 2004 and we get the movie adaptation distributed by Warner Bros pictures! The movie itself was the first all-digital capture film as well which is a big part of movie history. It follows the same plot as the book with some iconic songs and Christmas magic of course. Need I say more but the movie led to a video game adaptation, toy trains based off of the Polar Express itself, heritage railroads across the United States putting together a Polar Express experience, etc. It’s simply a huge hit to this day!

Who is The Conductor?

The Conductor himself is well…the Conductor of the Polar Express voiced by Tom Hanks in the movie. He plays a larger role in the movie than he does in the book. He can be quite a show-off with ticket punching skills and even brings the excitement with hot chocolate. Even then, he found the Hero Boy at the heart of every problem. Heck, there’s even a whole theory where people believe that the Conductor is the future version of Hero Boy. Tom Hanks voices the adult version of the Hero Boy via only voice so maybe….he’s just simply a cool train conductor.

Why should The Conductor join MultiVersus and why should The Polar Express get content in the game?

To simply put one fact down, we do not have any representation from Warner Bros’s Winter Holiday Classics/Movies lineup in MultiVersus. I feel the Christmas/Holidays movies lineup should be in this game in some form. The Polar Express is a classic that I love and most of the Christmas themed characters like The Grinch, Snow Miser, Buddy the Elf, etc. can provide wacky-ish movesets. The Conductor is no exception to this. He’s the perfect character to represent The Polar Express as he is after all the conductor of the train.

Even without The Conductor in the game, there's always the steame engine itself which can work as a stage (which I talk about more down below).

Speaking of wacky movesets like I mentioned before, time to discuss how The Conductor will keep hijackers out of his Polar Express.

How would The Conductor fight?

I feel a whole moveset based around the movie and book itself best fits The Conductor. I even found a moveset on Reddit that I credit to TheRobotYoshi. He seems to have made The Conductor a mage which I can see. A whole bunch of references to the movie which I like. It seems super fitting. The link is down below if anyone is interested in reading it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiVersu...e_a_moveset_for_the_conductor_from_the_polar/

What are the amenities of the train ride to the North Pole? (Content the movie can bring)?

One big thing I would love regardless if The Polar Express were to get a fighter in MultiVersus is a stage. I feel The Polar Express itself would be an awesome stage. You would fight on the stage particularly in the icy forest part where the Polar Express slides across the ice. You can fight on the steam locomotive as well as the coaches. Heck, we can even have Glacier Gulch be a huge part of the stage where fighters will be traveling at super fast speeds.

I feel for alternate costumes, maybe some outfits based on the kids in the Polar Express or even one of them where he would be wearing the Hero Boy’s pajamas. Even an alternate costume inspired by the Hot Chocolate servers. There’s some possibilities out there for sure in terms of alternate costumes.

Overall, The Conductor would be a fun character to represent the holiday movies Warner Bros owns. Hopefully, Tom Hanks would be willing to reprise his role as The Conductor. Even if he does not join MultiVersus, I still hope we get a stage based on the Polar Express. Who doesn’t wanna see Lebron James, Bugs Bunny, Shaggy and Morty fight on top of a steam engine? It would be a spectacle to see. All aboard for trainloads of excitement! Remember, all you need to do is just believe!

The Polar Express’s Passengers (Supporters)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Veca Gorebyss Veca Gorebyss
ZagarTulip ZagarTulip

Last edited:

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
¤

another older gent vato who's gonna go hectic at the scene upon characterization of him.

"he'll make little children eat it with his exquisite handy dandy ticket punching skills."

sounds like some skjt.

i love it.

several of those old timr mofhthcuherz exist in my responses.

these dudes came to get down.

gb!

¤

Last edited:
Top Bottom