• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic All star is kind of a letdown.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
Since they fused it with endless smash, what results is something that is less then what the seperate modes used to be.

You're up against four instead of three AI's, and they are quite in your face combining several specialities at once with friendly fire off, so often you need to wade through a sea of hitboxes. When you KO something it both get replaced quickly, but the game also lags a bit because it's loading several fighters at once.

Old all-star could get hectic too, but it was a bit more technical in avoiding damage and having seperate battles, and some delay in the joining to help you out. Now you're often overpowered before you get to KO the whole roster.

And it doesn't have the fun of endless smash either. Unless you're really good it's harder to avoid damage since the enemy has full movesets. It's both harder to KO, and the old goal of avoiding too much chip damage is hard to meet.

Since I enjoyed both modes a bit in the past it's a bit frustrating, although I probably get used to it. A lot of the extra modes got simplified anyway.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I have to agree, but I can get why they made it this way. With having 74 characters now (75 when Piranha Plant comes out and 80 when all 5 dlc characters come out), at this point they have to be put to an end quickly as if it was multi man smash, otherwise it could have dragged out for too long of a play session. I would still like to be like how it's always been, but I am not sure if others would be on the same page.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think it was a good call. All Star in Smash 4 was AWFUL. It was incredibly dull and was essentially multi man melee with extra steps, anyways. Here it actually feels like a meaty challenge due to the lack of breaks of healing items, but at the same time the 4-at-a-time nature combine with the fact none of them are instantly launched makes you actually appreciate the individual strengths of each fighter. It feels like a serious challenge that tests my skill, which is what All Star was meant to be.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
yeah its not the same, but i suppose with the constantly increasing number of characters there was always a chance itd get to complicated

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
I would rather they made it similar to Brawl's All-Star with a match for each series. And if the increasing number of characters are too much of a concern, there could be an option to save between matches. Oh and you should automatically heal between matches.

Top Bottom