• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All-Star - healing items left DOES affect the clear score

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
I did some comparisons between my successful run of All-Star Hard no healing with Captain Falcon and ZeRo's own simple run of All-Star Hard with CF, and one comparison I noted was the Clear bonus: mine was 150K higher than ZeRo's, even though ZeRo had a faster time. That suggested to me that yes, healing items left do affect the Clear Bonus.

I did some experiments to see how much the Clear bonus would differ. With no healing items left, the Clear bonus is 360K, or actually a base of 120K because points are tripled on Hard. What healing items are left affects the amount of points added to the Clear bonus too:
-Maxim Tomado - 10K base
-Fairy Bottle - 14K base
-Each Heart Container - 20K base

Thus a no healing run has a base of 184K for the Clear bonus, tripled to 552K on Hard difficulty. Yeah, unfortunately, there is no bonus for avoiding usage of healing items, which I don't know why because even the Maxim Tomato significantly helps in dealing with the likes of Stage 6 which has a general demand of cat-and-mouse with all the characters who have a kill projectile.

At least this is a day and age where recording videos provides a way to work with the bragging rights of a no healing run. That said, if you only care about retaining score, the Maxim Tomato is easily the most worth coughing up, and then the Fairy Bottle after that.

Top Bottom