• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Hello, the Roy boards are currently discussing the Fox MU, please feel free to stop by and leave your thoughts on the match-up! :)

Click here to visit the Fox - Roy MU thread.
Click here to visit the Roy MU Directory thread.

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
What's up fox mains I'm from the Marth boards and I would like 2 know would it b ok if I can join your discord group?

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I'm wondering whether its a myth or fact that Fox is one of the hardest characters to fight as. I've heard that he is, but I'm not sure.

M@v

Subarashii!
I mean, easy or hard is up for interpretation. He's not an easy to play top tier, like say Mario, Yoshi, or Ness.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I'd say maybe, at least as far as execution goes. Him or Ryu.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I mean if you were to play Fox 100 % then that'd be a mix off Slowjoe and Larry (Or just ****ing Void KEK)
He's generally just unsafe, and dies VERY early, so hard in the sense a **** up punishes you a lot, whiffed grab against Sheik? Dthrow combo to 60%

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
^I'm fine either way

Speaking of Bayonetta though, I noticed she has a rapid non-flinching projectile. I think that might appeal to some Fox players.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
A Fox played by SH just took first place against a lot of top Japanese players at Sumabato qualifiers.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Has anyone noticed that Fox naturally seems to struggle with sword-based or projectile-based characters. That the only way that he can rack up damage effectively is to either grab-jab-toss or spam your blaster,

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Well guys. I am admin of a Fox Mains Facebook group. I'll post the link when I get home today for anyone interested, since I can't log into facebook off this laptop for some reason. I'll be happy to add you guys in if you're interested!
Some of the stuff that is/will be in the group:
*Matchup analysis
*match/set critiquing
*General tips/setups/etc.
*ETC

M@v

Subarashii!
Last edited:

Rocketman287

Smash Rookie
What's up everyone? Rocket here.

Went to my first tourney in Pensacola recently and for the majority of it I thought I was the only Fox player there. Then I noticed about 5 being played on some setups and started to watch. Ended up playing a Megaman player who's buddy mains Fox as well, and he told me we played similar but I was more of a Rushdown Fox than anyone he had played before. It was a great experience and I want to do many more tourneys.

Last edited:

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
I've been wondering this for a while and I want to ask, why do fox mains up b when the opponent is at the ledge? it seems useless from all the footage I've seen of people doing it

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
It covers a lot of get-up options and is surprisingly safe. It also does up to 28% if you get all hits.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
I like the new voice. I think it suits his personality better. the other one was too deep. and the fact that it's the same voice actor from SF64 is even better.
I like it as well. Fox sounds a bit younger than he did in Brawl IMO. I guess the youth in his current voice matches around my age (at the time of this post, of course).

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

Sooo, the 8" Fox statue release date got pushed back to 2/22

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
That's my birthday

Maybe I can butter someone up and get it as a present

D

Deleted member 269706

So I entered the weekly I normally attend last night and used Fox for the first time. Ended up placing 4th which I was pretty happy with! (My placings for the semester so far have been 5th, 3rd, 33rd (don't ask), and 5th for reference). iirc 3 of my sets were recorded so when they get uploaded I'll be sure to share them in the video critique thread asking for advice. Anyways, it was a great tourney and I think I'm officially going to be making the switch to Fox over the next few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom