• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Releases from now until the 1Q with some surprises.
Hoping for more Star Fox Zero info, Fire Emblem Fates release date and new Smash stuff.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
It boggles my mind.

Of all the characters.

Its so random.

The bright side of it for me I guess is it means Geno is entirely possible now, and Sora isn't impossible.

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
That Ike sized hitbox will be good for Cloud v Fox matches but looking so far from the trailer, he looks savage, I can't wait to fight him with Fox to see

Foster J.

Smash Ace
He seems to have a charge mechanic from what I could guess from the trailer, and projectiles too.

Well, I guess it'll depend on his throws in the end, but his moves look decent, like meaty hitboxes with decent speed

M@v

Subarashii!
Eh, I'll cross the crowd bridge when I come to it. Interested to see what the December direct brings.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I've found Fox seems to be a good matchup against Yoshi. Coming from someone who used Yoshi for the longest time (before realizing he was a bad egg), I've found there are some benefits Fox has that Yoshi doesn't. A better recovery for starters, plus Yoshi can lag a bit more (such as his forward headbutt and ground pound). Even for someone who can have the hardest time getting to know their opponents, Yoshi is easily predictable. Like Kirby's rock, you know when Yoshi is coming in for a ground pound, same for his egg roll. Yoshi's be scared lol.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I disagree, Yoshi has amazing aerial mobility and with how Fair auto cancels for him he can literally just weave in and out in neutral with Fair and Nair and in some cases not be touched due to the armor on his jump.

Now that Yoshi players have figured out to wait for when you poop out of their egg lay a read will kill Fox very early due to the weight difference and if you give Yoshi rage it's sort of an welp situation.

Just because of his aerial mobility Yoshi has a solid advantage over Fox who wants to fight on the ground, cause we all know what Yoshi Nair does to us.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I disagree, Yoshi has amazing aerial mobility and with how Fair auto cancels for him he can literally just weave in and out in neutral with Fair and Nair and in some cases not be touched due to the armor on his jump.

Now that Yoshi players have figured out to wait for when you poop out of their egg lay a read will kill Fox very early due to the weight difference and if you give Yoshi rage it's sort of an welp situation.

Just because of his aerial mobility Yoshi has a solid advantage over Fox who wants to fight on the ground, cause we all know what Yoshi Nair does to us.
Eh, I'll give Yoshi that. Maybe its because I'm too timid to enter FG, but I haven't come across a Yoshi in FF that has won. Still Fox's recovery is better (in terms of having much more range). When you roll though, Yoshi moves quite slow, in comparison to Fox. I'd need to be refreshed on what Yoshi's neutral air is, but I don't underestimate that.

Example of how Ground Pound is a possibly fatal move. Yoshi comes down, due to the end lag, Fox grab-jabs Yoshi, tosses him into the air, and if timed correctly, finishes with a up smash. See where Fox would have the upper hand?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Why not just upsmash the endlag? Assuming the percent allows it, it's just a way quicker and more reliable option.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Why not just upsmash the endlag? Assuming the percent allows it, it's just a way quicker and more reliable option.
That could be possible, only downside is the push back opponents receive when Yoshi initially lands, let alone a bit of damage as well. You'd need to time your shielding on target, and immediately go in for the kill. I could see this working if Yoshi is at 80% or more, given the attack is strong.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Does anyone else find themselves using Fox's down smash more often than his up smash or forward smash? I find it very useful to get out of combos and it's also one of Fox's quicker moves I think I could be wrong but that's just me I guess anyway Fox sure is flexible.

12239665_452171474974387_6222660312771189992_n.jpg

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Does anyone else find themselves using Fox's down smash more often than his up smash or forward smash? I find it very useful to get out of combos and it's also one of Fox's quicker moves I think I could be wrong but that's just me I guess anyway Fox sure is flexible.

View attachment 84472
That's like Fox if he decided to have a sex change. Kudos to whoever drew it though, wish I could draw that good.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Usmash is neat because the legs also becomes partially invincible so you can dodge a move, like Falcon's grab as you hide your hurtbox.

I use it generally if they are on my shield but no in grab range / behind me, other than that, it's not my most common smash as I'll probably only use it for ledge kills

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Yoshi is easily predictable.[/QUOTE]

not trying to be mean, but your whole post was indicative of a lack of experience and knowledge but this part especially.
No character is predictable, if you are player predictable players, then its those players who are predictable, not the character.
Thats like saying fox is EZ to beat because he's so predictable because the guy down the road is terrible and only plays for glory will always sideB onto the stage right in front of me as I'm charging a smash, and then he dies omg fox so predictable.

A good yoshi is a ****ing nightmare because his aerial mobility makes it very hard to fight him on own terms.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
People need to use pivot forward smash more.

SwordM13X24

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sword
3DS FC
4227-4395-5715
If you were to pick ANY blaster from ANY game for Smash 4 Fox, which blaster would it be and why?
Here's the list of blasters to clarify on what I mean by "ANY" blaster.

N64 Fox
Melee Fox
Melee Falco
Brawl Fox
Brawl Falco
Brawl Wolf
Smash 4 Fox
Smash 4 Fox Impact Blaster (Neutral Custom 2)
Smash 4 Fox Charge Blaster (Neutral Custom 3)
Smash 4 Falco
Smash 4 Falco Explosive Blaster (Neutral Custom 2)
Smash 4 Falco Burst Blaster (Neutral Custom 3)

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Melee Falco obviously (assuming that implies it can be autocanceled)

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Fox would be pretty stupid with different lasers, but probably Melee Falco's.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
If you were to pick ANY blaster from ANY game for Smash 4 Fox, which blaster would it be and why?

N64 Fox
Melee Fox
Melee Falco
Brawl Fox
Brawl Falco
Brawl Wolf
Smash 4 Fox
Smash 4 Falco
Brawl Wolf. Does a bit more damage than either Fox or Falco.

BradLeeTee

Smash Cadet
Isn't Brawl Falco's the most op since u can shdl plus blue looks cooler than red imo

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

N64 Fox
Melee Fox
Melee Falco
Brawl Fox
Brawl Falco
Brawl Wolf
Smash 4 Fox
Smash 4 Falco
Please, we all know that this is best blaster.
In all seriousness though: Brawl Fox for me.

Last edited:

SwordM13X24

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sword
3DS FC
4227-4395-5715
So I got...
2 Melee Falco
2 Brawl Fox
1 Brawl Wolf
1 Brawl Falco?

I honestly thought that Falco's blaster (From any game except Smash 4) would outshine all blasters. Am I missin' somethin' here with the Brawl Fox blaster or somethin'?

Foster J.

Smash Ace
So I got...
2 Melee Falco
2 Brawl Fox
1 Brawl Wolf
1 Brawl Falco?

I honestly thought that Falco's blaster (From any game except Smash 4) would outshine all blasters. Am I missin' somethin' here with the Brawl Fox blaster or somethin'?
I mean if you go by the book in terms of OPness then it's a question of Falco's Brawl or Melee laser, but in terms of balance and character identity it can derp back and fourth.

SwordM13X24

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sword
3DS FC
4227-4395-5715
My question's term is if ya had to fight to live, which blaster'll suit yar tastes to get ya yar victory.
I wouldn't say "OverPower'dness" by any sense of that word. Somethin' truly overpower'd would be a frame 1 attack that has the knockback of a Home-Run Bat smash with a hitbox of 4 Bowsers and a 1 frame endlag.

Hey, is anyone here interested in a laid-back Wi-Fi bracket going on Saturday? Nothing at stake, just good times and a way to test out different things in a competitive environment. Most sets will be uploaded with professional quality thumbnails and layouts, every player will be featured in at least one set.

Join:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/405593832915234/

1: Read the pinned post fully.
2: Sign yourself up on the Challonge link with your account.
3: On the pinned post, comment your NNID and Challonge name.
4: Join the event in the pinned post to set up matches and discuss once Saturday rolls around.

I hope to see some of you guys there :) I plan to bust out the Fox and maybe Palutena.

If you can't make it this time, we plan to do this every two weeks.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Does Fox really have any ability to perform a meteor smash, or is he one of the few characters who don't? I know he has that down air of his, but I haven't found it to be that effective, and it can cause me to not be able to recover in time by the time the down air attack is over.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Fox has no true meteors except his Wolf Flash custom side B. You can, however, fast fall a forward air to drag opponents down, and try to follow up with a footstool.

Top Bottom