• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

M@v

Subarashii!

~~~Fox Social~~~

Want to talk about anything not directly related to Fox in Smash 4? Here's the place to do it!

M@v

Subarashii!
I'll get the ball rolling. My smash region recently made a hoodie design for our area, and they were handed out today at a melee event we had. Here's mine, along with my smash 4 controller :). Its a zip down hoodie laid out flat in the picture; The emblem in the top left is the front logo; Mav is the left sleeve and Fox is the right, with the large PGH/NEOH emblem being the back.

For those wondering why the logo is the way it is, my region is predominantly melee. Pittsburgh Melee is known for its unusually high amount of Luigi players, and we also have 2 of the top Luigi players in the world (Abate and Vudujin). North East Ohio has an abnormally high amount of peach mains. So, the logo is a Stitch Face wearing a Luigi cap, with a Peach Crown on top of that ;). I also like that the front logo is a smash emblem rather than the stitch face again. It gives some rep to our other scenes too, as we have decent Smash 4, PM, and 64 scenes in the region as well.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Cool, Fox finally has a social. Been waiting for one to pop up.

Don't really have anything significant to say, haha.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Now that is awesome. For Hypespotting this weekend (which I'll do a writeup about elsewhere), the team travelling from Ireland all got shirts with our names on them. I'm Scarfelt, apparently. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't charge me 22 Euros for a shirt with the wrong name...

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Now that is awesome. For Hypespotting this weekend (which I'll do a writeup about elsewhere), the team travelling from Ireland all got shirts with our names on them. I'm Scarfelt, apparently. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't charge me 22 Euros for a shirt with the wrong name...
Oh so you're the Fox who placed Top 8, but went Sheik against the Rosalina&Luma guy, thought I recognized the name. WP mate, shame we couldn't see everything due to Tekken taking so much time.

Hah shirt names, I might get one of those if I decide to travel outside of DK, but like MAV, the DK scene is predominantly melee too, so it's probably going to have 20XX written on it :dizzy:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Haha, didn't realise the stream had anywhere near as many people watching when I was playing. I finished fourth overall, Yackabean's Toon Link is too strong man... I can definitely beat him, just wasn't my time, I guess. I need to work on my Fox-Rosalina MU, I just cannot play it whatsoever so I went the safest Sheik known to man instead - those two sets taught me more about the game than my last month of playing, for sure.

Tekken was an absolute joke, man, they did best of 5s for all of top 16 and streamed it all?! What bs. Smash only got top 6 so they missed my set with PidgeY and my Winner's set with Yackabean and that's not mentioning like all of J Miller's sets. Sucks.

Thanks for the kind words though man, I'm so happy with all the support I've received for this event. Never gone outside of Ireland and even within Ireland I don't go to many events so to place well and have people say such supportive stuff really means a lot.

On the subject of shirts, I'm gonna see if I can get a hoodie or something custom made for the Irish guys for Heir II the Throne in August. It'll be more Melee/PM stuff but I play tons of Fox in all of them so I don't really mind. On that note, do you guys predominantly play one game or what? I find it really hard to focus on both Melee and Sm4sh but man, I love playing Melee.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I play mainly Smash Wii U, as Brawl has run it's course (And Falco got rekt). Well there was no scene for that back here, and I was too young to travel back then, so I took a break, missed the PM train, and well enjoying Smash Wii U with it's quirks and derps.

It's probably best to pick a focus game, Melee is fun if your hands can handle it for all the tech shenanigans! (I can't wavedash anymore lel), but indeed a tournament teaches you more, it's all about reaching your current limits and working on those pointers to improve, after all we can't all be DEHF / LarryLurr at spacies.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Yeah, I got some time with J Miller to talk about where I'm going wrong (basically, impatience getting KOs) which was great for my play.

I was too young to play Melee, PM or Brawl competitively really and I also live in the middle of absolutely nowhere in a region with very few tournaments which isn't much good. Smash 4 is the first one I can really play online with though so I really appreciate having that. I've played Melee all my life so I went to tourneys for Smash 4 but played Melee while I was there, of course, and damn man I just love how Melee controls. I just feel the neutral across games is so different that I end up doing stupid **** for the first segments of each game I play when I swap back and forth.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I think that's Fox's greatest problem in Smash Wii U anyway, the neutral when people are in kill range, as they'll take a more defensive approach to playing at that point, and shield regenerates way too fast. It's kind of where Fox misses out as he doesn't have a single grab combo that can secure a kill.

In most cases, I've had some luck with just going for a pivot grab into an Fthrow on stage they didn't tech which lead into something, be it Dash attack, or if you're lucky a jab reset using the Ftilt or weak Nair.

One really becomes envious of those with great throw setups in this game haha, even though Fox might be the best juggler.

Yeah age, and EU continent as well wasn't the best, especially not for Brawl Wifi! Nowadays the Dolphin netplay does pretty decent, but it's a whole different time compared to when we were youngsters. I also happen to live in the middle of nowhere, and a fair 340'ish kilometres from the capital, where most of the shenanigans are, it's like that with everyone's capital I guess, where people gather.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Fox's biggest issue is killing for sure but he can be patient about it. If you see Snow play, he doesn't fish for stuff and it makes his play really solid... but if you watch my set with Yackabean, whew. I'm fishing for that **** SO hard all game, man. Getting so antsy. J Miller said that was my biggest issue, too, so I guess I've just got to work on it really hard. I'm just more excited to get better now after the event.

Damn, 340 KMs is a really long distance to go for events. I'm not quite that far from Belfast/Dublin but it's still not great and the main problem is that I have to get several buses to even get on the bus to one of those cities so it's just awkward as hell to get there early, y'know? It's all worth it, though, I love these tournaments. I want to go back to mainland UK for as many events as I can, so much fun.

On that note, I'm moving to London in September for uni so I'll be right in the middle of the UK's Smash scene so that's hype as hell. You can only really get as good as your frequent competition, like.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes. Enjoy!

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
On that note, the Irish Smash scene is looking into getting custom shirts made for when we go overseas. Would I be able to contact you to help with that? I personally play Sm4sh but not everyone does and so on.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
On that note, the Irish Smash scene is looking into getting custom shirts made for when we go overseas. Would I be able to contact you to help with that? I personally play Sm4sh but not everyone does and so on.
Definitely, let me know what you want. I only have so much talent but I'd be happy to help however I can!

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Hello guys it's been a long time. A very long time.

Sorry I've been gone for so long, but for now, I'm back to rep Fox like I should. How many veterans are still on here?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I thought you were going to be playing Link, but i'm super hype to see you playing Fox again. :D Excited to see more Brawl Fox players putting in work.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
sup zeton, damn it's been a while. I was wonder where you where at
Lol right? Life struggle is real, but I'm back for now.

I thought you were going to be playing Link, but i'm super hype to see you playing Fox again. :D Excited to see more Brawl Fox players putting in work.
Heh, I was going Link for a bit in respect of my Grandpa, but I know I'm a Fox main at heart.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Its good to see some old fox mains from brawl. Man i feel so old.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
A small school tournament in my small Ontario town just had a tournament for Smash Wii U which I creamed completely. Won a $50 Tim Hortons card! :awesome: It's true what they say about Canadians, Hockey, and Tim Hortons ;)

They also had a raffle, but I didn't win anything. Only one prize interested me, and I didn't win it:

I need myself one of these.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Heyo, foxy people. Is it possible for Fox's standard laser to break reflectors? If not, I'm going to get a fox laser that does 999% tomorrow by just reflecting it back and forth ehehehe.

If it does break reflectors, I'm going to do some other kind of shenanegain. But yeah, can it??

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Took to my first "major" tournament here in Denmark called TENS (The Emperor's New Smash) and did pretty well there, 5th place, getting bodied in winners and losers by the same D3.... Wow I have no idea how to handle a gordo spamming camper who doesn't even die to Uair before 135....

Heyo, foxy people. Is it possible for Fox's standard laser to break reflectors? If not, I'm going to get a fox laser that does 999% tomorrow by just reflecting it back and forth ehehehe.

If it does break reflectors, I'm going to do some other kind of shenanegain. But yeah, can it??
Break reflectors?.... No? Pit's Orbital Guardians break by damage from non-reflectable attacks... What the heck dude.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Gratz on fifth place! I just find Dedede so frustrating to play against. Makes one big read, KOs you at like 5% then has this **** eating grin on his face while he twirls his massive-

*ahem* my silhouette shirt from further up arrived and it's looking awesome! I'll get a picture at some point =]

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Gratz on fifth place! I just find Dedede so frustrating to play against. Makes one big read, KOs you at like 5% then has this **** eating grin on his face while he twirls his massive-

*ahem* my silhouette shirt from further up arrived and it's looking awesome! I'll get a picture at some point =]
Yeah D3, I can't play the matchup against a camping D3, need to pick up a pocket character for him I guess

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Took to my first "major" tournament here in Denmark called TENS (The Emperor's New Smash) and did pretty well there, 5th place, getting bodied in winners and losers by the same D3.... Wow I have no idea how to handle a gordo spamming camper who doesn't even die to Uair before 135....
You can hit the Gordos with N-air to send them straight back at him if he's just tossing them from far away.

Congrats on placing top 8!

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
You can hit the Gordos with N-air to send them straight back at him if he's just tossing them from far away.

Congrats on placing top 8!
He was a very defensive player who kept spamming them to go for grabs :v It's not easy with D3's massive grab range, reflecting them just makes him shield, and then he can just Nair out of shield...

Gratz on your 1000th Message!

Last edited:

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Hey chaps!

On a completely unrelated note, my failed attempts (thus far) in finding an alt (secondary) to go with my Fox has done nothing by affirm my love for Fox.

What have people been playing with when they arent on Fox, any go to's?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Hey chaps!

On a completely unrelated note, my failed attempts (thus far) in finding an alt (secondary) to go with my Fox has done nothing by affirm my love for Fox.

I've lately been using :4wario2: as a secondary.
He's basically a heavy Jigglypuff with Kirby's appetite and a bike. His mobility is more focused on the air rather than ground, so Wario gives me a different perspective of movement and approaching.

I used to play :4shulk: before, but now I only use him in low-tier tourneys and friendlies.
Fun fact: Speed monado makes his dashing speed tied with Fox's.

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
32 seconds if it doesn't load. I'm the Ganondorf, repping the Fox boards in GRSmash boyzzzzz
The original video didn't have that laughter at the end though so that's odd

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Hey chaps!

I've mainly been using :4darkpit: as a secondary, his grab game is a lot stronger, in fact he thrives off punishing people with his Aerials, put that together with his Fthrow and he's very fun to play, but very tricky, as your ground game has to be on point just like with Fox.

I agree with Cozy, Wario is hellah fun.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey chaps!

Mario is my other tourney character. He's not far behind my Fox at all, and probably better in some matchups than my Fox. My character tree kinda looks like this:

Fox>Mario|||Tourney use barrier|||>>>>>ZSS>>Lucina||||Not even considered for Tourneys anymore||||>Robin>Doc>DK

I can play quite a few people after that, I.E. Little Mac, Falcon, etc. but just in For Glory or for not try harding.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
I've been playing Sheik before the patch as a secondary for Rosalina, haven't tried her since then but I'd imagine it's more even. I have a lot of characters I want to try in tournaments like Pikachu, Ike, ZSS and Lucina but I normally just get nervous and default to Fox anyway. There's very few matchups that Fox is outright bad in.

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Its interesting that thus far very little crossover.

So right now for me I've gotten it down to a few choices, likely I'll just keep working on each on the side and see where I settle.

Mario has really appealed to me just recently.

Other than that, Sheik, Captain Falcon, Sonic and Meta Knight have all appealed to me in various ways, but also had their downfalls. Much like how Fox in my eyes has a pretty all round game, Mario does too. Checks a few boxes, solid recover, some "play" in his kit, range and melee moves (grounded and air) - and I like those reaction "reflects" as well.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Meanwhile, Smash Ireland discusses sensitivity with @ArikadoX

[01:51:47] Arikado: its hard to insult me lol
[01:51:52] Arikado: i find it stupid to get insulted easily actually
[01:51:57] Tesla Skarfelt: sheik is easy to play
[01:52:01] Arikado: **** YOU

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Meanwhile, Smash Ireland discusses sensitivity with @ArikadoX

[01:51:47] Arikado: its hard to insult me lol
[01:51:52] Arikado: i find it stupid to get insulted easily actually
[01:51:57] Tesla Skarfelt: sheik is easy to play
[01:52:01] Arikado: **** YOU
Yet you only told the truth ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) I hope one day Sheik will have her Vanish nerfed. Immortal frames when dissappearing, and a strong windbox when she re-appears is ****ing silly and very hard to punish

Gymmo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gymmo_Network
I'm looking for a Fox player to practice (online) the Rosalina vs Fox matchup. I have a few years of offline Brawl/Sm4sh tournament experience. LMK here or by PM if you're interested to play.

Top Bottom