• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Official Project M Builds available for download

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Thank you for this. I was gonna try and see if we could get a "Project Museum" going.

Probably the biggest obstacle right now is the lack of a singular distribution channel to send people who want to download PM.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Oh.... I made a thread going to do the same thing you are.... Guess you got to it first :/ I guess this is better since you have all versions past 2.1 and I only have a few

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Yo someone should links this on a site! Hey! If I give you credit, can I put this on my crew site? I'll give you complete credit!

Arcalyth

GLS | root
http://projectmirror.no-ip.org/
Use this link right here, very well done, it also looks professional enough to better appeal to new players.
Ooh, that's nice. I saw this on Reddit earlier and it definitely wasn't this fully developed :) I'll add it to the OP alongside the Google Drive. More mirrors are always better!

P.S. Thanks to whoever made this a sticky. :)

Last edited:

person66

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm the one who created the projectmirror site. I'm considering putting the leaked builds up on the site, just wanted to get some opinions, as there is some controversy surrounding them. Should the site just be a place for the official builds, or do you guys think it would be a good idea to also host the dev builds?

I have decided against it. My site will only be hosting the official builds, thats 1.0 - 3.6. Nothing beyond.

EDIT: Also, if the site ever goes down, heres a link to the mega and google drive folders with the files the site links to:
https://mega.nz/#F!AApGECjA!7UlbyZVVJih9T8Kprdfa1A
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5jcSvlgawOQcUJDMVdUMWNwVTA&usp=sharing#list

Last edited:

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Hey guys, I'm the one who created the projectmirror site. I'm considering putting the leaked builds up on the site, just wanted to get some opinions, as there is some controversy surrounding them. Should the site just be a place for the official builds, or do you guys think it would be a good idea to also host the dev builds?

I have decided against it. My site will only be hosting the official builds, thats 1.0 - 3.6. Nothing beyond.

EDIT: Also, if the site ever goes down, heres a link to the mega and google drive folders with the files the site links to:
https://mega.nz/#F!AApGECjA!7UlbyZVVJih9T8Kprdfa1A
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5jcSvlgawOQcUJDMVdUMWNwVTA&usp=sharing#list
Aw that's actually slightly disappointing. I feel that you should have a section just for leaked versions, no matter if they be old or new. I have the 3.61 but I think it is the bug fixed community one because I can't instantly jump out of yoshis shield

person66

Smash Cadet
Aw that's actually slightly disappointing. I feel that you should have a section just for leaked versions, no matter if they be old or new. I have the 3.61 but I think it is the bug fixed community one because I can't instantly jump out of yoshis shield
My reasoning is that it would limit the people who have access to the site, as leaked content is banned in many of the common places P:M is discussed, meaning links to the site wouldn't be allowed.

Also there is the legal issue. Anybody who has started working on or distributing anything past 3.6 seems to get in trouble, so I figure its better safe than sorry.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
My reasoning is that it would limit the people who have access to the site, as leaked content is banned in many of the common places P:M is discussed, meaning links to the site wouldn't be allowed.

Also there is the legal issue. Anybody who has started working on or distributing anything past 3.6 seems to get in trouble, so I figure its better safe than sorry.
Hm... I guess... Anyway you ca create a development build website?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you're unsure whether or not you should post something, then don't post it. ^^

person66

Smash Cadet
Just to let anyone who downloaded the torrent know, there is a new version of it on the site. If you are seeding please seed the new version instead of the old one. All that was changed was the 3.6 nohomebrew.zip so that it matches the one on the site (the original torrent had a version that used the wrong launcher). This is mainly so I can seed from the server without having to have two separate copies of the zip.

Last edited:

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm new on the smashboards forum but I have a few questions. Is anyone able to mod Project M? I want to try version 3.6 the latest. I have no knowledge of modding and i don't have time to learn it. I don't have much I want in my own personal version but I just like some things from 3.5 to be included in 3.6 if you are able to. For one, I hate the new announcer in 3.6 so do u think u can put the old announcer from 3.5 in 3.6? Also, I like Bowser's victory theme from 3.5 better and just all the sound effects from 3.5. I also would like to have the Brawl menu music and Planet Zebes from N64 in... well I'd say Brinstar but I'd rather have it on Norfair. But it belongs on planet zebes stage. Can you also put 'The Road to Bowser' in Bowser's Castle? If you are able to do that, that would really all that's important.

Now if anyone CAN do this additional one, I've wanted to change Snake's down A to the RPG move that used to be his forward Smash move. I want it as his Down smash move. What I also want is that whenever Wario is Wario-Man, his shoulder bash move made him travel so far and so fast, it was a blast to play as him. He doesn't go fast in 3.5 so if you can make his shoulder bash make him travel far and fast, that'd be great. That'd be all I guess. But is any of that going to be possible for anybody?

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Hello, I'm new on the smashboards forum but I have a few questions. Is anyone able to mod Project M? I want to try version 3.6 the latest. I have no knowledge of modding and i don't have time to learn it. I don't have much I want in my own personal version but I just like some things from 3.5 to be included in 3.6 if you are able to. For one, I hate the new announcer in 3.6 so do u think u can put the old announcer from 3.5 in 3.6? Also, I like Bowser's victory theme from 3.5 better and just all the sound effects from 3.5. I also would like to have the Brawl menu music and Planet Zebes from N64 in... well I'd say Brinstar but I'd rather have it on Norfair. But it belongs on planet zebes stage. Can you also put 'The Road to Bowser' in Bowser's Castle? If you are able to do that, that would really all that's important.

Now if anyone CAN do this additional one, I've wanted to change Snake's down A to the RPG move that used to be his forward Smash move. I want it as his Down smash move. What I also want is that whenever Wario is Wario-Man, his shoulder bash move made him travel so far and so fast, it was a blast to play as him. He doesn't go fast in 3.5 so if you can make his shoulder bash make him travel far and fast, that'd be great. That'd be all I guess. But is any of that going to be possible for anybody?
In short, yes. There is a few brawl hacking games (yes they work for project m) the best for overall imo, is BrawlBox. It lets you edit characters fall speed, change models, and lots of other good stuff. Now adding music is a bit complex (unless your replacing files you already have in a wii readable audio format) you need to use a conversion program that converts formats

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
In short, yes. There is a few brawl hacking games (yes they work for project m) the best for overall imo, is BrawlBox. It lets you edit characters fall speed, change models, and lots of other good stuff. Now adding music is a bit complex (unless your replacing files you already have in a wii readable audio format) you need to use a conversion program that converts formats
Would you be able to do that for me? I don't have time to learn those things.

person66

Smash Cadet
Would you be able to do that for me? I don't have time to learn those things.
I doubt anyone's going to do it for you, we aren't your personal slaves. There's plenty of tutorials here on how to swap music/stages and all that. If you don't have time to even attempt to learn it then maybe you shouldn't be asking.

Last edited:

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
I doubt anyone's going to do it for you, we aren't your personal slaves. There's plenty of tutorials here on how to swap music/stages and all that. If you don't have time to even attempt to learn it then maybe you shouldn't be asking.
What if I pay you?

Johny_Olde

Smash Cadet
Maybe you'd owe me one down the line lol. I've done melee hacking and was going to get working on PM, don't see why I can't help you out
Do you have an email so I can instruct you specifically? Or facebook? Or does it have to be here? And when can u get started?

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Is 3.6 considered the definitive version of Project M? More specifically, is there any good reason to download one of the previous versions? Perhaps somebody can do a write-up on each revision detailing what makes it unique and worth playing.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Is 3.6 considered the definitive version of Project M? More specifically, is there any good reason to download one of the previous versions? Perhaps somebody can do a write-up on each revision detailing what makes it unique and worth playing.
Well, unless you want to learn a character play style that won't work when you go to a tourney, then no :awesome: the updates usually add new stages, features, and character patches. So I highly suggest not going back as I so no reason why you would. All tourneys run the newest version of PM so basically anything you learn in a old patch won't help you much unless your playing like, Marth, Fox or Falco(as they haven't changed in quite a while because they are the same as they're melee counter parts) so no I suggest not going back

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
The newest version is what people are playing and talking about, training and watching. To play a old version would be like.... Driving a punch buggie when you could drive a Lamborghini Avader. There is no point in it. I'm not trying to be mean please don't take my points as me being offensive at all. The way I see it, unless your attending a tourney that for some reason has an old version, you have mods that don't work on 3.6 or something like that, I don't see the point

person66

Smash Cadet
The newest version is what people are playing and talking about, training and watching. To play a old version would be like.... Driving a punch buggie when you could drive a Lamborghini Avader. There is no point in it. I'm not trying to be mean please don't take my points as me being offensive at all. The way I see it, unless your attending a tourney that for some reason has an old version, you have mods that don't work on 3.6 or something like that, I don't see the point
If you are just playing for fun then some people find some of the characters in older versions more fun to play. For example, while I don't play meta knight, I know that a lot of people who do found that one of the updates (cant remember which) where he got nerfed just made way less fun to play as, and prefer him in the older versions.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
If you are just playing for fun then some people find some of the characters in older versions more fun to play. For example, while I don't play metanight, I know that a lot of people who do found that one of the updates (cant remember which) where he got nerfed just made way less fun to play as, and prefer him in the older versions.
Completely agree with this. Since I like playing as Wario and also because of the inclusion of Dracula's Castle I think version 3.5 is VERY good. It might just be my favorite version of PM, in fact.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Completely agree with this. Since I like playing as Wario and also because of the inclusion of Dracula's Castle I think version 3.5 is VERY good. It might just be my favorite version of PM, in fact.
Well I guess that makes sense. Just, if you want to pick up the game competitively I highly suggest playing the new version

person66

Smash Cadet
Just to let anyone know, no-ip cancelled the domain, even though I swear I did the thing to renew it. Anyway, I got it set back up, but it may take a few hours to a day for you to be able to access the site again. In the meantime you can use the alternate links, or the Google drive/mega folders I posted earlier

Edit: actually it seems like its already working again. I guess since its on no-ip you don't have to wait for dns to propogate.

Last edited:

Arcalyth

GLS | root
I Might sound like a bit of a noob, but how is the Homebrew file different than the Hackless file
Hackless includes a few extra files (Smashstack) that allow you to load Project M from the Brawl Stage Builder, in case you have not installed Homebrew Channel on your Wii. Homebrew does not include those files, because you can simply load the launcher from Homebrew Channel if you have that instead.

Top Bottom