• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Nintendo Fans Come Together

GamerTimeUS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WinningAlex13

If you are a Nintendo fan please watch this video. Nintendo needs to figure out what the Western World wants from Nintendo.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I agree with some of his points but as far as trying to get this message out to as many people as possible, the rant really needed to be edited...a lot. Too much time defending himself from attacks that his not regular audience is completely unaware of to begin with and generally getting off topic, and people are more likely to watch something shorter and more concise.

I also feel like what's left of the Nintendo fanbase is pretty hopeless, you can tell them that criticism and expectations are a good thing until you're blue in the face but it won't change anything. The point about the Xbox One being so poorly pre-received is interesting, MS is a notorious corporation that almost no one has any difficulty leveling criticism at, that kind of outrage probably wouldn't happen if those same "features" were being pushed by Nintendo. One wonders if Nintendo being so good in the earlier years of consoles actually works against them now because they have too much goodwill where many of their fans are still giving them the benefit of the doubt at all times. They can completely misread the market repeatedly and lose more and more long time fans every generation but still some people won't agree that a change of direction is in order

Xenoblade is another example that they -will- actually listen to fans if enough noise is made, but the level of pressure required to accomplish that was pretty over the top and probably not a sustainable approach

Last edited:

GamerTimeUS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WinningAlex13
I agree with some of his points but as far as trying to get this message out to as many people as possible, the rant really needed to be edited...a lot. Too much time defending himself from attacks that his not regular audience is completely unaware of to begin with and generally getting off topic, and people are more likely to watch something shorter and more concise.

I also feel like what's left of the Nintendo fanbase is pretty hopeless, you can tell them that criticism and expectations are a good thing until you're blue in the face but it won't change anything. The point about the Xbox One being so poorly pre-received is interesting, MS is a notorious corporation that almost no one has any difficulty leveling criticism at, that kind of outrage probably wouldn't happen if those same "features" were being pushed by Nintendo. One wonders if Nintendo being so good in the earlier years of consoles actually works against them now because they have too much goodwill where many of their fans are still giving them the benefit of the doubt at all times. They can completely misread the market repeatedly and lose more and more long time fans every generation but still some people won't agree that a change of direction is in order

Xenoblade is another example that they -will- actually listen to fans if enough noise is made, but the level of pressure required to accomplish that was pretty over the top and probably not a sustainable approach
I can agree with you their about the rant that he had and defending himself, but still we need to ask for stuff from Nintendo. Maybe that GameCube Controller for Smash everyone talks about. We Nintendo to listen to us more.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I just want one thing.
An option to stop the notifications from popping up over the Clock and Battery Level on the home menu screen.
You can stop some notifications, but not all of them.

***Start of Rant***

Every time I press the home button to check the battery charge or see what time it is, a notification pops up telling me that a friend is online, then after that notification goes away another notification pops up telling me that a patch for am app has finished downloading, then a notification pops up telling you that that you've received a message. You'd think that after it tells you this once that the messages wouldn't pop up next time you press the home button, but they do. EVERY TIME! The only way to stop the notification that a patch has been installed is by exiting the game and running that app. To stop the notification that you got a message ya gotta open up miiverse and read it.

The worst part is that the notifications are so vague. Like it doesn't tell you specifically which friends are online sometimes, it'll just say that "5 friends are online", to actually see who is online ya gotta load up the friends list or miiverse. It won't tell you which app has a patch, ya gotta load the downloads list to see which game had a patch installed. I suppose this all wouldnt be so bad if the downloads and friends list didn't take forever to load up.

Also, why cant ya press the home button while using the internet browser app?

***End of Rant***

There is plenty of space on the home menu screen, they don't even have to get rid of the notifications, they could just move them somewhere that doesn't cover up the clock and battery level.

IMAGES OF HOME MENU:

Ya see that!?! At the top of the screen, it says that you've recieved a friend request. Why can't that be displayed at the bottom!?! Or move the clock and battery levels to the bottom! And why doesn't it tell me WHO sent the friend request!?! There is plenty of space to fit someone's username up there too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom