• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North All Charged Up Weeklies

Fireboy

Smash Rookie

What:
All Charged Up is a weekly Smash for Wii U tournament hosted at Gamer's Heaven in Phoenixville PA.

When:
Tournaments are hosted weekly on Sundays. Sign ups start at 2:00 PM and the tournament starts at at 4:00 PM.

Rules:
This tournament uses the 2017 recommenced rule set.
Fore more info go here: RULES

Price:
Venue fee is $10 and tournament fee is $5 per event, but setup discounts are offered only if we have 10 or more players. On days with 10+ player tournaments, 2 setup discounts are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Bring a setup for a $5 discount on venue.

Facebook:
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/880412325414390/

Stream:
To watch the tournament live visit our twitch page: https://www.twitch.tv/chargedupsmash

Questions:
Feel free to post your questions about this event in this post and the tournament organizer and I will answer any questions you may have.

Venue information:
For more information about our venue you can check out their website here: https://www.gamersheaven.life/

Last edited:

Gitgud haters

Smash Rookie
If I bring my GameCube controller do I have to bring the piece that makes it asscebile for Wii u or will it be provided?

Last edited:

Gitgud haters

Smash Rookie
Also what do you mean by sign ups (my first tournament) do you mean we have to be there before 4 to sign up or is It an online sign up
?

Last edited:

Fireboy

Smash Rookie
Also what do you mean by sign ups (my first tournament) do you mean we have to be there before 4 to sign up or is It an online thing?
You need to be at the tournament some time before 4:00 to pay for it and sign up. I would also recommend arriving early to play friendlies and practice.

Gitgud haters

Smash Rookie
You need to be at the tournament some time before 4:00 to pay for it and sign up. I would also recommend arriving early to play friendlies and practice.
Thanks! I won't be able to come this Sunday but it's a good possibility for the next one! How are the people there and do you guys have pr?

Gitgud haters

Smash Rookie
I went on the other site in the description and it said melee is at 6 is this true? If so is it 5$ and are there doubles?

Fireboy

Smash Rookie
If you are going to be late for an event I would recommend messaging the TO; George Malone on FaceBook.

Gitgud haters

Smash Rookie
Sorry to keep asking questions but this is my last are there doubles? If so I'm guessing we have to pay an extra 5 for that too?

Darkmanticorex2

Smash Rookie
Sorry to keep asking questions but this is my last are there doubles? If so I'm guessing we have to pay an extra 5 for that too?
We don't typically run doubles for our weeklies since turnout averages about 10-15 people. When we get bigger it may be something we will add.

Ccat

Smash Rookie
I will be going, but I just wanted to point out something. On the facebook calendar, it says that this is scheduled for October 11th, and not the 9th. I dont know if it is me or you, just clarifying.

Rachel Moser

Smash Rookie
What controllers can you use? Is the WiiU game pad acceptable since this is a WiiU tournament?

Fireboy

Smash Rookie
What controllers can you use? Is the WiiU game pad acceptable since this is a WiiU tournament?
The Wii U game pad is normally not allowed as you can only have one connected to a Wii U at a time so there would be problems if two people wanted to use the game pad. But, maybe if you are lucky there wont be other people using the game pad, it is just not something to count on.
Here is what the official rules say about controllers.
"For ease of access, Tournament Staff recommends the use of the Nintendo Gamecube controller, however, The Wii U Pro controller (Battery removed), Wii Remote, Wii Remote + Nunchuck, Wii Remote + Classic Controller, and the Nintendo 3DS Family in controller mode are all permitted control options."
So you will be able to use all of those controllers without issue.

Fireboy

Smash Rookie
Will you guys consider starting melee again. I know there’s a lot of interest in the area and no other nearby tournaments.
They are doing Melee alongside the normal tournament this week to gauge interest, so I would recommend going to that if you want Melee to become a regular thing.

Wh1rlwind

Smash Rookie

What:
All Charged Up is a weekly Smash for Wii U tournament hosted at Gamer's Heaven in Phoenixville PA.

When:
Tournaments are hosted weekly on Sundays. Sign ups start at 2:00 PM and the tournament starts at at 4:00 PM.

Rules:
This tournament uses the 2017 recommenced rule set.
Fore more info go here: RULES

Price:
Venue fee is $10 and tournament fee is $5 per event, but setup discounts are offered only if we have 10 or more players. On days with 10+ player tournaments, 2 setup discounts are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Bring a setup for a $5 discount on venue.

Facebook:
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/880412325414390/

Stream:
To watch the tournament live visit our twitch page: https://www.twitch.tv/chargedupsmash

Questions:
Feel free to post your questions about this event in this post and the tournament organizer and I will answer any questions you may have.

Venue information:
For more information about our venue you can check out their website here: https://www.gamersheaven.life/
Is there melee this weekend or is it next weekend?

BlusT

Smash Rookie
Ok, I've got a few questions, and I'll try to keep them all in one post so it's easier...

1. I see in above replies that the 3DS family can be used as a controller so long as it's in controller mode. Does that mean connecting to the game via download play instead of my own cartridge?

2. Is there a minimum age or typical age range? I'm only 15, but I like to think I'm fairly good at Smash.

3. There are entry fees, but do those fees go toward a prize pot or is this a just for fun tournament?

4. Is there somewhere I can see when the specific events start? My parents might be willing to drive me, but they'd probably want to know when whatever I'm doing will be over so they know if they should stay or pick me up again later.

5. How long does the typical singles tournament at this event last?

6. Single or Double elimination?

Sorry for the wordiness. I'm new to this. This would be my first tournament if I can go, and I just don't want to mess it up.

Thanks!
-BlusT

Fireboy

Smash Rookie
Ok, I've got a few questions, and I'll try to keep them all in one post so it's easier...

1. I see in above replies that the 3DS family can be used as a controller so long as it's in controller mode. Does that mean connecting to the game via download play instead of my own cartridge?

2. Is there a minimum age or typical age range? I'm only 15, but I like to think I'm fairly good at Smash.

3. There are entry fees, but do those fees go toward a prize pot or is this a just for fun tournament?

4. Is there somewhere I can see when the specific events start? My parents might be willing to drive me, but they'd probably want to know when whatever I'm doing will be over so they know if they should stay or pick me up again later.

5. How long does the typical singles tournament at this event last?

6. Single or Double elimination?

Sorry for the wordiness. I'm new to this. This would be my first tournament if I can go, and I just don't want to mess it up.

Thanks!
-BlusT
Sorry for the late reply, but here are some answers.

1: You can use the 3DS as a controller if you have Smash 3DS otherwise you need to buy the Smash Controller software off the Eshop for $1

2: We have people of all ages, so don't worry about that!

3: The Venue fee goes towards paying for the building and the tournament fee goes to the winners.

4/5: The tournaments start at 4 PM and goes until about 7 or 8 PM.
(I would recommend coming earlier to set up at around 3 or 3:30)

6: Double elimination

Feel free to ask any more questions on the Facebook page because they would probably get back to you sooner.

ACDG

Smash Rookie
I have a couple questions

• Will any and all smash events be held exclusively Sunday?
  • Will things like gamecube controller adapters be provided?
  • How much is entry fee (and competing is they're separate)
  • How long do the weeklies usually last till?
  • Is your smash competitor fan base predominantly modern smash (Sm4sh, Ultimate) or Melee?

Fireboy

Smash Rookie
I have a couple questions

• Will any and all smash events be held exclusively Sunday?
  • Will things like gamecube controller adapters be provided?
  • How much is entry fee (and competing is they're separate)
  • How long do the weeklies usually last till?
  • Is your smash competitor fan base predominantly modern smash (Sm4sh, Ultimate) or Melee?
1: There are some infrequent events on other days but for the most part Smash events are on Sunday
2: Every setup has a Gamecube controller adapter
3: Entry fee is $10 and competing is $5 for a total of $15
4: Depending on how many people show up anywhere between 2-3 hours
5: We mostly have people interested in modern Smash but we are trying to start older games like Melee.

Noah

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone I'm the main TO for All Charged Up, I've recently joined Smashboards so feel free to hit me up with any questions
Hi Flygon,

I have two questions
1. How does one qualify for Fully Charged, if that is still going on?

2. Is it possible to change your gamer tag in the All Charged Up tournaments without losing all of your results?

Top Bottom