• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Characters Unlocked < 2 Hours

All Eyez On E

Smash Cadet
If you haven't already, here's how you can unlock all characters in less than 2 hours; possibly quicker than that. Some of you may find this very helpful, and if you don't please don't waste your time saying how you already have the unlockables or anything along those lines. Just keep this bumped for everybody else on the board who will benefit from it. Anyway, read my previous post here:

You can unlock EVERY character through the VS. mode.

An easy way to do this (though very, very repetitive) is to go into special brawl, select STAMINA and FLOWER as your only 2 options. Once in the character select screen, select a computer character and set their Stamina (HP) to 1. Set your own to anything higher than 1. All matches will last less than a few seconds as the computer will die immediately. Keep repeating until the character(s) you want are unlocked. Again, this is the fastest possible way to unlock every character.

Ness - 5 matches
Marth - 10 matches
Snake - 15 matches (all 15 must be played on Shadow Moses Island)
Luigi - 25 matches
Falco - 50 matches
Captain Falcon - 70 matches
Lucario - 100 matches
R.O.B. - 150 matches
Ganondorf - 200 matches
Mr. Game & Watch - 250 matches
Sonic - 300 matches
Jigglypuff - 350 matches
Toon Link - 400 matches
Wolf - 450 matches
This method requires you to press start over and over (and over and over) to the point where you really don't want to do this in one sitting. However, there is an easier and faster way.

If you haven't seen or heard about it before, this is a bad-*** classic controller replacement for the Wii; and here's the kicker, it can even play all Gamecube games as long as you play them through the Wii itself. It has a mapping feature that allows you to tweak the controls for your other games as well.

Getting back to the point of the topic, the controller also has a slow / turbo function that repeatedly enters the same button over and over. Set the turbo to select the start button and leave the room and do something else; Until you actually have to fight one of the unlockable characters of course. I did this yesterday, and the whole process took me about 1:45.

Again, some of you may find this information useful so just keep the topic bumped for everyone that doesn't want to actually play 8 hours in SSE or 400+ VS. matches to play as Toon Link or Wolf.

dmauro

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I might do this with my HRAP2 tonight because I'm missing all the characters I had in the *** version.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
im gonna do this because im going to a local tourny tonight and everyone there is metaknight and im gonna be toon link just so im differnt. so i want to unlock him as fast as possible but i also want to unlock everyone else just so when my friends come over we have them all. so im just gonna do this boring but easy method.

yes, i do know that i can do classic mode with link once on normal to get toon link...but like i said, i want to earn all the other characters fast and easy too. even if it means a couple hours of boredom.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Wow. Thank you very much. I was actually looking for a way to unlock everyone sans the tedious process of long and involved matches. Many thanks.

tddavis

Smash Cadet
after you get game and watch I went to Flat Zone with fox and side B to suicide instantly. I think that is the fastest because as soon as it says go your already dead. Has to be set to 1 stock as you probably guest.

SuperChester

Smash Rookie
Heh, I don't see the point in setting up all that stuff and fighting a computer player.
I just setup a 1v1 with a computer player and walk off the edge of the screen.
Once you unlock Sonic it's even quicker!!

tddavis

Smash Cadet
Heh, I don't see the point in setting up all that stuff and fighting a computer player.
I just setup a 1v1 with a computer player and walk off the edge of the screen.
Once you unlock Sonic it's even quicker!!
yah I did that at first with Capt. Falcons Falcon kick off the edge.

All Eyez On E

Smash Cadet
To the above 3 or so posters... All of that side-B off the screen stuff is really not necessary if you follow the steps in my process.

If you start a Special Brawl and set STAMINA and FLOWER as your options, set the CPU's stamina to 1. The CPU will die INSTANTLY without any interaction from yourself at all. The flower will automatically reduce that 1 HP to 0 when the match starts. There's no reason to suicide or do any of that.

Cloud360

Smash Rookie
I unlocked Toon Link in an hour and a half of pressing start. Lol. Now trying to get Wolf.

I was doing the Flower thing before, and its been helping a lot lol.

Bootyology

Smash Rookie
lies. you can't turbo the start button. i actually ran to the only store in manhattan that had this just to try this tonight. you SUCK.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Dude, n00b! I already gots all them charctersa dn wofl PWNS he is so awsome i love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

Yeah, I wish I'd known this before jumping of the stage 400 times with Captain Falcon. Oh well.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
If you set the speed to "fast," the 3 2 1 countdown goes twice as fast as well as the few seconds of the match.

Fonz

Smash Ace
You would have paid for this pos controller instead of spending a little more effort to unlock everyone? Not like it's hard to spam start while watching tv.

Bootyology

Smash Rookie
actually the controller has gotten favorable reviews and i wanted a wireless controller w/out paying $80 for a wavebird anyway.

only after playing with it for a while have i come to the conclusion that its not so great for smash.

All Eyez On E

Smash Cadet
lies. you can't turbo the start button. i actually ran to the only store in manhattan that had this just to try this tonight. you SUCK.
Try pressing the just the Slow button instead of Turbo+Start. That works for some T-Wireless controllers in the same way that it will repeatedly select Start.

Coolbgdog

Smash Rookie
THis is pretty good. I already got past 400 matches in a day. I just did like one for half and hour and last night did it while browsing the web. I just had the volume up so I can hear when a new character is approaching. Its a good way.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
this is definetly useful and I might try this (if i'm desperate for new characters) but I'd rather not since I guess it will take all the fun out of playing Brawl since I just got it last night

whoracLe

Smash Cadet
I did this and I unlocked them all in under 2 hours. I did the stamina flower brawl with a 1 hp computer.

I have a controller with a Turbo button but it didn't work with the start button. Meh, it didnt matter anyways. I just browsed the forums and watched brawl videos and had all the characters in no time.

Bootyology

Smash Rookie
you were right. the slow button handled everything. man is this awesome. my bad for saying u suck.

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
LMFAO. I bought one of those controllers cause I couldn't find a Wavebird. I'm doing the flower thing now and it's awesome.

Top Bottom