• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed All Characters are 2D

DRGN

Technowizard
Should work for any game modes for any player entities (including CPUs, wireframes, master hand, etc.).

-==-

All Characters are 2D
Makes all characters the same thickness as G&W.
<https://smashboards.com/threads/all-characters-are-2d.452667/>
[DRGN]
Revision ---- DOL Offset ---- Hex to Replace ---------- ASM Code -
NTSC 1.02 --- 0x80068fe4 ---- 2C00001B -> 48000008
$All Characters are 2D [DRGN]
04068fe4 48000008

Pretty simple mod, replacing just one assembly command. Normally when a player entity is loaded, the current stage (ID in r0) is checked to see if the stage is Flat Zone. If it is, the game sets the character's depth multiplier to .05 rather than the usual 1. Below is the original game code, with the first part of the stage check highlighted in green:
Original game code.png

If the check is false, the next line of code branches off (the top-most arrow you see on the right) to set the normal character depth value. If the check is true, the branch does nothing and code execution continues on to the lines just below it.

So this mod simply replaces the first part of the check with a branch (again, highlighted in green below) that always goes to where the game code would normally run if the stage were Flat Zone. New branch shown in red:
Custom game code.png

Shoutout and thanks to @Absolome for the Community Symbol Map. So helpful.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
DRGN makes codes!

Here's a code that makes everyone completely black. Looking into the outline so everyone could completely be GaW :chuckle:

Code:
$All Players Are Completely Black
C2033354 00000002
3BE00003 9BE30046
60000000 00000000

DRGN

Technowizard
Lol, great idea!

I've made other codes as well, and have plenty of ideas for more, I just always end up prioritizing other projects. Some day I'll get more of them up. :p

Top Bottom