• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Brawl Files Except Videos and Texture Hacking Tools

John2k4

The End of an Era
Read the Disclaimer
Original Post by illinialex24
John2k4 has modified it with working links for the tools.

Disclaimer: I will not be posting certain files that cannot be currently used, and those that are not useful enough so I would essentially be solely fringing upon Nintendo's privacy. You must legally own Brawl to download these files, that means having bought the NTSC disc from your local store or online, and you must currently have that disc. Any downloading of these files other than this disc is illegal.

Notice: I am only doing this to aid people who own the game to create new custom files that are useful in texture and music hacks. If anyone from Nintendo, Hal Laboratories, or any company that was involved in the creation of Brawl, I will gladly remove the files they wish removed. I have chosen only to have the Data Partition, and none of the VC games or the Update partition because neither of those aid the creation of new files, and only promote copyright infringement.

Note: A few files need to be compressed for me to upload them since I have a 100 mb limit on Mediafire. In this case, I have 7-zipped them and you need to uncompress it. The file in question should be where the .7z file takes its place.

Hey guys, you probably know me for the trolling I do and the help I give (oftentimes done at the same time) and I decided to extend my Brawl .pac thread to a whole new extent: essentially giving you every file possible of a double layered Brawl DVD (I'm upload the stuff as we speak). Anyway, this will serve many purposes.

First of all, everything inside partition 1 has the Brawl data, so if you treat Partition 1 as the pf folder, you can find the directory for any file you want to replace.

Second, its the ultimate archive of the files and it would be almost impossible to reconstruct this and make your own ISO so its not worth the hassle, so essentially I have made an archive of anything anyone would ever need. Enjoy it because no one will ever have to ask for a file again once this is completed (its gonna take a lot of work but it should be worth it).

Anyway, since it would take hours (days actually) to download all the files and you'd have to find a way to rebuild a partition, its the worlds most impractical way of piracy so its pretty safe to keep it uploaded on reasons of easier access and a complete waste of time trying to steal games like this.

I am also not uploading 2 files because of their sheer size (maybe more) and they are called dummy1.dat and dummy2.dat so it is an incomplete partition, meaning you couldn't even reconstruct the game if you wished. Now that pleasantries are over, heres the stuff you need:

Brawl ISO Files

Mediafire Archive

Useful Tools

Brawl Tool Pack V2.0

CUPASH 1.0
SSBARC (Newer SSBInsert)
SmashBox Data Viewer v0.51 BETA
Visual ASH

Other Useful Things

2.1a File Replacement GCT File
Lz77Mii (useful for pcs to pac)
Fixed non-ASHable items to work

Awesome Guides

Credit for most of these guides goes to Vile, I will be posting them here simply because the links on Kittycorp are not accessible to most.

How to edit items

By Vile

Code:
GUIDE:

You will need:
Ash (with ntcompress and TexConv)
SSBExtract (can be found with ash)
Wiiscrubber 1.21 (or trucha 0.21)
Lz77ex
A SSBB iso
Basic knowledge of ASH
SSBBinsert (and all the files that are in the .rar file)

Setting Up:

In C: create a folder called "items" and from ASH copy these files into here: ntcompress.exe, cygwin1.dll, SSBExtract.exe, SSBBinsert.exe and lz77ex.exe.

Ok here's how its done:

1. Open your SSBB iso with wiiscrubber/trucha. Navigate into "parition2 > ROOT > system". Now in there extract common3_en.pac to "items" (the folder i told you to create earlier).

2. Drag common3_en.pac into lz77ex.exe, wait for it to say "press any key to continue" and obviously press any key to continue. Once that's done rename the common3_en.pac.out file to common3.pac.

3. Now drag common3.pac into SSBExtract. You will now have a folder called "common3", with in that folder you will have many .pac and .bin files, but all you will need is 003.pac, so delete everything except 003.pac.

4. Drag and drop 003.pac into SSBExtract. There should now be a "003" folder with 66 .pac files (these are all the items). Refer to the bottom of this post to see what .pac file represents what item.

5. Get the item you want to edit and edit it in ASH like normal.

6. Once you've got your _new.pac rename it to the number of pack file you edited (eg: 024.pac).

7. Drag ***.pac, common3.pac and 003.pac into your items folder.

8. Now go "run > cmd". In cmd navigate to your items folder (type cd.. then hit enter to go back 1 folder and type cd "foldername" then hit enter to go to a folder).

9. In cmd copy an paste this command in: SSBBinsert.exe 003.pac -i ***.pac . (Remember to change *** to whatever file you named it to). Minimize cmd as it will be needed later

10. Repeat step 9 but with this code instead: SSBBinsert.exe common3.pac -i 003.pac .

11. Now go back to cmd and put this command in: ntcompress -l -o common3modded.pac -A4 common3.pac .

YOUR DONE!!!

NOTE: For SD loader, in your system folder rename your "common3modded.pac" to "common3.pac"

NOTE2: For multiple items repeat step 9 for each item you made.

Post if your having some trouble with this (if its confusing tell me and i will fix it up) ;)

Credit to: Spunit, Elrefugio and ]EE[.

VILE~

Item Indication:

--000.pac - Assist Trophy
--001.pac - Franklin Badge (PLT=1EBE0 / TEX=1EE20(24350))
--002.pac - Diddy's Banana
--003.pac - Barells
--004.pac - Beam Sword
--005.pac - Dollar Bill (Coin Battle)
--006.pac - Bomb omb (Credit to me aka. VILE)
--007.pac - Item Box
--008.pac - Bumper
--009.pac - Capsule
--010.pac - CD
--011.pac - Gooey Bomb (the one that sticks when you throw it) (Credit to me aka. VILE)
--012.pac - Cracker Launcher
--013.pac - Coins
--014.pac - Curry
--015.pac - Deku Nut
--016.pac - Mr. Saturn
--017.pac - Dragoon Parts
--018.pac - Dragoon Targeting
--019.pac - Trophy Maker
--020.pac - Pikmin Stems
--021.pac - Freezie
--022.pac - Golden Hammer (Pedestal)
--023.pac - Green Shell
--024.pac - Hammer
--025.pac - Heart Container (Credit to me aka. VILE)
--026.pac - Harisen (fan) (Credit to me aka. VILE)
--027.pac - Baseball Bat
--028.pac - Party Ball (Confirmed by me aka. VILE)
--029.pac - Maxim Tomato
--030.pac - Mushroom Poison (Credit to me aka. VILE and eternalyoshi)
--031.pac - Mushroom Super (Credit to me aka. VILE and eternalyoshi)
--032.pac - Metal Block (Credit to me aka. VILE)
--033.pac - Fire Flower (Credit to me aka. VILE)
--034.pac - Pitfall
--035.pac - Pokeball
--036.pac - Explosive Crate
--037.pac - Ray Gun
--038.pac - Lip's Stick (Fixed by me aka. VILE)
--039.pac - Lip's Stick (flower) (Fixed by me aka. VILE)
--040.pac - Sandbag
--041.pac - Screw Attack
--042.pac - In Game Sticker (Credit to: Bonzai)
--043.pac - Proximity Mine
--044.pac - Slow Down Time
--045.pac - Smart Bomb
--046.pac - Smash Ball (Symbol: PLT=1C5240, TEX=1C6C40)
--047.pac - Smoke Ball
--048.pac - Spring
--049.pac - Star Rod
--050.pac - Soccer Ball
--051.pac - Super Scope
--052.pac - Super Star (invincibility star) (Credit to me aka. VILE)
--053.pac - Food
--054.pac - Team Healer
--055.pac - Thunder Bolt
--056.pac - Spike Ball
--057.pac - Bunny Hood
--058.pac - Warp Star (Confirmed by me aka. VILE)
--059.pac - Snake's Box
--001.pac - Peanut Texture
--001.pac - Link's Bomb
--001.pac - Peach's Turnips
--001.pac - Broken Eddible Peanuts
--001.pac - Snake's Grenade
--001.pac - Toon Link's Bombs

NOTE: Some items are not ASHable, I have edited them so they are: http://www.mediafire.com/?ondnefdndmz

VILE~
How to use ASH

By Vile

Code:
You Will Need:

Revolution SDK ~ I can't give a direct link, but it might be useful to look around THIS page
ASH ~ Can be obtained HERE
Fit***0*.pac (Character costume file) ~ Can be obtained HERE
How to use either GIMP or Photoshop (duh! lol) ~ GIMP can be obtained HERE, I can't give a direct link to Photoshop, but you might be able to find something around THIS page

Setup:

On your desktop, create a folder named 'ASH' (this goes without saying from now on, never add in the ' unless i say so)

Inside that folder, put these things in there: The contents of the ASH .rar file, ntcompress and TexConv (ntcompress and TexConv are located inside the revolution SDK folder: X86 > bin ).

Guide:

1. Drag your Fit***0*.pac file into your earlier made ASH folder.

2. Double click on step1_extract.bat . When it asks you "Type the PAC file you want to modify", type your .pac file name (It gives you a list of what .pac files are in your ASH folder, just type one of those names, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE .pac ON THE END OF THE NAME!). Wait for it to finish extracting, it will close automatically.

3. There should now be multiple folders in your ASH folder now (all starting with 2 numbers at the start of the name), BACKUP THESE FOLDERS SOMEWHERE.

4. Edit the backed up folders.

5. Copy ALL of the backed up folders and paste them into your ASH folder (it will ask you if you want to replace/merge things, just click yes to all of it).

6. Double click "step2_create.bat"

7. If it asks to include indexed textures, refer to the end of this guide for that (the titles will be: INDEXING and ADVANCED INDEXING).

8. Wait for it to complete (when it is finished it will automatically close). You should have 2 new files now: _new.pac and _new.pcs . Rename those to whatever you want.

YOU'RE DONE!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INDEXING:

When ASH asks to include indexed textures it will say:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Adding palette textures ***

'folder name'

<maximum colors allowed: **>
<if your image has a bigger palette, it will corrupt the texture>

Do you want to include this texture <yes=y, no=otherwise> ->

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open the tga inside the 'folder name' and go: image > mode > index . When it asks to limit colors, limit it with the amount said (<maximum colors allowed: **>, the **). Now save it. In the DOS box, press 'y' then hit enter. Do this for every texture it asks for.

ADVANCED INDEXING:

Files that require indexing ALWAYS have +* on the end of them. Any tga file that ends in +1 WONT have transparency and tgas that end in +2 WILL (usually) have transparency.

In +2 textures, to use this transparency you have to color what you want to be transparent in the color magenta (FF 00 FF or 255 0 255).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anything is confusing, just post here and I will try my best to answer your questions.

VILE~
How to edit Final Smash textures

By Vile

Code:
...::: BEFORE YOU CONTINUE :::...

This guide is how to edit the FS of characters who DONT require there .pac file (with the exception of Shiek, Zelda and I think yoshi).

GUIDE:

You will need:
Ash (with ntcompress and TexConv)
SSBextract (can be found with ash)
SSBBinsert
Final Smash.pac of the characters smash attack you want to edit (eg: Fit***FS.pac)
Basic knowledge of ASH

Ok here's how its done:

1. Create a folder called "FinalSmash" on your C drive and in there put:SSBextract, SSBBinsert and your character Final Smash texture.

2. Get your final smash .pac file and drag it into SSBextract. You should get a folder with a 000.pac inside (I reccomend renaming it to "character"FS.pac).

3. Get your "character"FS.pac and run it through ASH. Edit your tgas however you want (I'd back these tgas up as i might want to fix them up later).

3. Compile with ASH like normal (rename the _new.pac to 000.pac).

4. Drag that 000.pac into your "FinalSmash" folder in your C drive.

5. Open cmd "run > cmd" and navigate to your "FinalSmash" folder (type cd.. 2 times and then type cd FinalSmash).

6. Put this command into the cmd: SSBBinsert.exe Fit***FS.pac -i 000.pac .

YOUR DONE!!!

Post if your having some trouble with this (if its confusing tell me and i will fix it up) ;)

VILE~
How to Hex

By NeonTogepi

Code:
Okay, some pacs still need hexing, so, ill write a guide.
NOTES:
Does Not Covers indexxed tgas and mipmapping. Sorry.
I am going to use Mario as My example.
YOU WILL NEED:
SSBBarc (newest version) and everything that comes with it)
Ash and Tools
PAC to edit.

Set up:
Make an ash folder. In c, make a folder called "mario". Place everything from SSBBarc there. Also, place texconv there.

Step 1:
Extract Mario as done normally in ASH.

Step 2:
Edit tgas. (Sorry im going to be a bit basic with the ash parts, dont consider this a good guide for starters).

Step 3:
Here comes the hard part.
For all editted tgas, copy the folder they are in to the mario folder you made.

Step 4:
Open Notepad.
In it, paste this:
file 0 = [full location of .tga]
image 0 = 0, 0, type
texture 0 = 0, x

Now, where it says full location of tga, change that to where its located. i.e. C:\Mario\01FitMario_BodyA\tex#00_14.tga
For Type, look at the last two numbers in the tga. Change type based on this:
00 = I4
01 = I8
02 = IA4
03 = IA8
04 = RGB565
05 = RGB5A3
06 = RGBA8
08 = CI4
09 = CI8
10 = CI14X2
14 = CMPR

Based on the previous example, a correct 01FitMario_BodyA would look like this:
file 0 = C:\Mario\01FitMario_BodyA\tex#00_14.tga
image 0 = 0, 0, CMPR
texture 0 = 0, x

Now, for saving it. For the files name call it what it is named minus the numbers before the words. So, for this one, call it FitMario_BodyA. Now, go down to save as all files, and change it to FitMario_BodyA.tcs. Save it in the mario folder you made.
Repeat this for all editted tgas. (You can just skip the ones you didn't edit.

Step 5:
Now, go to run. Run cmd. Type this in:
cd..
cd..
cd Mario
TexConv

It'll ask you to type in the name of the .tcs. It'll ask you if this is correct, type in y. It'll than ask you what to save it as. Type in what you named the tcs, but instead make it a .tpl. It'll ask you if this is correct. Put y again.
Example:
FitMario_BodyA.tcs
y
FitMario_BodyA.tpl
y

Repeat this for all tcses.

Step 6:
Now, in Mario, run SSBBextract on the pac you editted. It will make a folder with a lot of .brres. keep extracting brreses till you get a folder called Textures(NW4R). Look in there. It should have tpls named the same as what you editted. For bigger pacs, it usually wont have all the tpls, but just some. But, not for this one. BTW, the brres for mario that has the tpls in it is 001.brres.
The tpls should be named exactly the same as what the tpls you made are. If not, you either did it wrong, or the tpls are not in that folder. If they are named wrong, change them now.

Step 7:
Go to run. Run cmd. Type in:
cd..
cd..
cd Mario
SSBBarc (name of brres).brres -i (name of tpl).tpl

Example:
cd..
cd..
cd Mario
SSBBarc 002.brres -i FitMario_BodyA.tpl

Repeat for all tpls.

Step 8:
Now, to insert the brres into the pac, type in:
SSBBarc FitMario00.pac -i 002.brres
There, pac editted! Yay!
Now, since all character pacs can be editted with ASH, I'm not gonna cover how to change a pac to a pcs. However, i think lz77ex will work, but idk. But, it doesnt matter, since almost everything that ive seen that needs to be hexxed is a pac.

Any questions?

Special thanks: The forum, meowmix boards, syntax error guide.
I used a lot of things from those, some copy pasted. (Like the brackets that need filling out.) :P
How to Edit Stickers

By Vile

Code:
What You Need:[/b

A hex editor (I suggest Hex Workshop)
ASH (and basic knowledge on how to use it)
SSBExtract
Sticker you want to edit (they can all be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zykk3mjjwmj )
A dummy.pac file (can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mnvwyn1mujm )
Computer calculator

[b]Guide:

1. Open your dummy.pac and sticker.brres file in your hex editor. Copy and paste everything from your sticker.brres file into the end of your dummy.pac file.

2. Open your computer calculator and put in your sticker.brres file size in bytes (right clock > properties > size (not size on disk)), then click on hex (this option can be seen only when the calculator is in advanced mode) In your dummy.pac there should be an 2 bytes near the start that say "12 34", replace these 2 numbers with the numbers/letters in your calculator. File > save as > *insertstickernamehere*.pac .

3. Open your new sticker.pac in ASH. Edit and compile like normal.

4. Run your _new.pac you got from ASH through SSBExtract. Rename that 000.brres file so it has the same name as your original sticker.brres file.

YOUR DONE!!!

NOTE: When loading these files, put them in pf > toy > seal .

If you are having trouble with this, PM me or post here and I will try fix the guide up.

VILE~
Lists

Items

Code:
--000.pac - Assist Trophy
--001.pac - Franklin Badge (PLT=1EBE0 / TEX=1EE20(24350))
--002.pac - Diddy's Banana
--003.pac - Barells
--004.pac - Beam Sword
--005.pac - Dollar Bill (Coin Battle)
--006.pac - Bomb-o-bomb
--007.pac - Item Box
--008.pac - Bumper
--009.pac - Capsule
--010.pac - CD
--011.pac - "Chews" ???
--012.pac - Cracker Launcher
--013.pac - Coins
--014.pac - Curry
--015.pac - Deku Nut
--016.pac - Mr. Saturn
--017.pac - Dragoon Parts
--018.pac - Dragoon Targeting
--019.pac - Trophy Maker
--020.pac - Pikmin Stems
--021.pac - Freezie
--022.pac - Golden Hammer (Pedestal)
--023.pac - Green Shell
--024.pac - Hammer
--025.pac - ??? (Red and White stripe)
--026.pac - ??? ("hutk_frame", "hutu_glass")
--027.pac - Baseball Bat
--028.pac - Party Ball?
--029.pac - Maxim Tomatoe
--030.pac - ??? ("K_body/head")
--031.pac - ??? (Exact same as above)
--032.pac - Metal Block and Warp Star
--033.pac - ??? ("Pasaran Fire")
--034.pac - Pitfall
--035.pac - Pokeball
--036.pac - Explosive Crate
--037.pac - Ray Gun
--038.pac - Lip's Stick
--039.pac - Lip's Stick
--040.pac - Sandbag
--041.pac - Screw Attack
--042.pac - In Game Sticker (Credit to: Bonzai)
--043.pac - Proximity Mine
--044.pac - Slow Down Time
--045.pac - Smart Bomb
--046.pac - Smash Ball (Symbol: PLT=1C5240, TEX=1C6C40)
--047.pac - Smoke Ball
--048.pac - Spring
--049.pac - Star Rod
--050.pac - Soccer Ball
--051.pac - Super Scope
--052.pac - Warp Star (Again...)
--053.pac - Food
--054.pac - Team Healer
--055.pac - Thunder Bolt
--056.pac - Spike Ball
--057.pac - Bunny Hood
--058.pac - Warp Star (Again!?)
--059.pac - Snake's Box
--001.pac - Peanut Texture
--001.pac - Link's Bomb
--001.pac - Peach's Turnips
--001.pac - Broken Eddible Peanuts
--001.pac - Snake's Grenade
--001.pac - Toon Link's Bombs
Character Name (If your really really lazy)

Code:
Captain Falcon: captain
King Dedede: dedede
Diddy Kong: diddy
Donkey Kong: donkey
Falco: falco
Fox: fox
Mr. Game & Watch:gamewatch
Ganondorf: ganon
GIGA Bowser: gkoopa
Ike: ike
Kirby: kirby
Bowser: koopa
Link: link
Lucario: lucario
Lucas: lucas
Luigi: luigi
Mario: mario
Marth: marth
Meta Knight: metaknight
Ness: ness
Peach: peach
Pikachu: pikachu
Captain Olimar: pikmin
Pit: pit
Ivysaur: pokefushigisou
Charizard: pokelizardon
PokÈmon Trainer: poketrainer
Squirtle: pokezenigame
Ice Climbers: popo
Jigglypuff: purin
R.O.B.: robot
Samus: samus
Sheik: sheik
Snake: snake
Sonic: sonic
Zero Suit Samus:szerosuit
Toon Link: toonlink
Wario: wario
Warioman: warioman
Wolf: wolf
Yoshi: yoshi
Zelda: zelda
Green Alloy: zakoball
Yellow Alloy: zakochild
Blue Alloy: zakogirl
Red Alloy: zakoboy
Stages

Code:
Battle Field STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC
Yoshi's Island STGCRAYON.PAC
Delphino Plaza STGDOLPIC.PAC
75m STGDONKEY.PAC
Big Blue (Melee) STGDXBIGBLUE.PAC
Corneria (Melee) STGDXCORNERIA.PAC
Jungle Japes (Melee) STGDXGARDEN.PAC
Green Greens (Melee) STGDXGREENS.PAC
Onett (Melee) STGDXONETT.PAC
Pokemon Stadium (Melee) STGDXPSTADIUM.PAC
Rainbow Cruise (Melee) STGDXRCRUISE.PAC
Temple (Melee) STGDXSHRINE.PAC
Yoshi's Island (Melee) STGDXYORSTER.PAC
Brinstar (Melee) STGDXZEBES.PAC
Distant Planet STGEARTH.PAC
Mario Bros. STGFAMICOM.PAC
Final Destination STGFINAL.PAC
Port Town Aero Dive STGFZERO.PAC
Green Hill STGGREENHILL.PAC
Flat Zone 2 STGGW.PAC
Halberd STGHALBERD.PAC
Summit STGICE.PAC
Rumble Falls STGJUNGLE.PAC
Mario Circuit STGKART.PAC
Warioware, Inc. STGMADEIN.PAC
Luigi's Mansion STGMANSION.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 1 STGMARIOPAST_00.PAC
Mushroomy Kingdom 2 STGMARIOPAST_01.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Rex) STGMETALGEAR_00.PAC
Shadow Moses Isle (Ray) STGMETALGEAR_01.PAC
Shadow Moses (Gecko) STGMETALGEAR_02.PAC
New Pork City STGNEWPORK.PAC
Norfair STGNORFAIR.PAC
Bridge of Eldin STGOLDIN.PAC
Frigate Orpheon STGORPHEON.PAC
Skyworld STGPALUTENA.PAC
Pictochat STGPICTCHAT_en.PAC
Pirate Ship STGPIRATES.PAC
Hanenbow STGPLANKTON.PAC
Pokemon Stadium 2 STGSTADIUM.PAC
Spear Pillar (Dialga) STGTENGAN_1.PAC
Spear Pillar (Palkia) STGTENGAN_2.PAC
Spear Pillar (Cresselia)STGTENGAN_3.PAC
Character Name to Number

Code:
Captain Falcon
00-Original
01-Blood Hawk
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pink

Dedede
00-Original
02-Green
03-White
04-Grayscale
05-Purple
06-Pink

Diddy Kong
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink
05-Yellow
06-Purple

Donkey Kong
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Falco
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Yellow

Fox
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Ganondorf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Grandpa Ganon
05-Brown

Ike
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Another Kind Of Green
05-Yellow

Kirby
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-White

Bowser
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pimp Gold
06-Brown

Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-White/Light Blue
06-Yellow

Lucario
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Light Blue
05-White

Lucas
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Claus
05-Pink/Purple

Luigi
00-Original
01-Red
02-UNUSED-Blue
03-Blue
04-Fire Luigi
05-Orange
06-Waluigi

Mario
00-Original
02-Green
03-Jumpman
04-Wario
05-Black
06-Fire Mario

Marth
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Meta-Knight
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Pink

Ness
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Bumble-Bee
05-Fuel
06-Mr.Saturn

Peach
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Daisy/Yellow

Pikachu
00-Original
01-Cap
02-Bandana
03-Googles

Olimar
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Dirty Helmet (Yellow and Black)

Pit
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Gold
05-Black

Pokemon Trainer
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Light

Ice Climbers
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-Light

Jigglypuff
00-Normal
01-Flower
02-Sleep Hat
03-Japan Hat
04-Trainer Cap

ROB
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink/Purple
05-Yellow
06-NES

Samus
00-Original
01-Pink
02-Green
03-Fusion/Blue
04-Gravity Suit/Purple
05-Dark Suit/Black

Zelda
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Ocarina of Time colors

Snake
00-Original
01-Red/Black
02-Green
03-Blue
04-"IDK WTF this is" camo
05-Wild Feline camo

Sonic
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Gold
05-Black

Toon Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Purple
05-NES Link
06-Dark

Wario
00-Original (WarioWare)
01-Red (WarioWare)
02-Green (WarioWare)
03-Blue (WarioWare)
04-Black & Red (WarioWare)
05-Orange & Blue (WarioWare)
06-Original (Overall)
07-Red (Overall)
08-Green (Overall)
09-Blue (Overall)
10-WarioLand 2 color (Overall)
11-WarioLand 3 color (Overall)

Wolf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Red & White

Yoshi
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-Pink
06-Light Blue
NTSC-U Codes

Code:
File Replacment: v2.1a[Phantom Wings]
225664EC 00000000
0401BFE0 4858BE20
065A7E00 00000070
38A00067 38810020
3CE0805A 60E37C18
4BE52531 38A0007F
3883FFE8 38610020
4BE52521 38A00068
60E47C18 38610020
9421FF80 BC410008
38610088 4BA74DB9
7C7C1B78 2C030000
4082000C 38210080
4800001C B8410008
38210080 4BE524E5
38610008 4BA742E1
7C7C1B78 4BA741E8
0401CD0C 4858B1F4
065A7F00 00000018
2C030000 4182000C
4BA7DD51 48000008
8078000C 4BA74DFC
043EE9D8 48000014
043EEBD4 48000014
043D8B9C 48000018
043E9B4C 38600000
043E9D38 38600000
043D8C80 60000000
80000000 80406920
80000001 805A7C00
8A001001 00000000
045A7C10 2F525342
045A7C14 452F7066
E0000000 80008000
2.1a - Fixes all previous issues + you no longer need the other codes
NTSC-J Codes

Code:
File Replacment: v2.1a [Phantom Wings, JPN Port: Y.S.]
2256606C 00000000
0401BFE0 4858B9A0
065A7980 00000070
38A00067 38810020
3CE0805A 60E37798
4BE52525 38A0007F
3883FFE8 38610020
4BE52515 38A00068
60E47798 38610020
9421FF80 BC410008
38610088 4BA75239
7C7C1B78 2C030000
4082000C 38210080
4800001C B8410008
38210080 4BE524D9
38610008 4BA74761
7C7C1B78 4BA74668
0401CD0C 4858AD74
065A7A80 00000018
2C030000 4182000C
4BA7E1D1 48000008
8078000C 4BA7527C
043EEA50 48000014
043EEC4C 48000014
043D8C14 48000018
043E9BC4 38600000
043E9DB0 38600000
043D8CF8 60000000
80000000 80406490
80000001 805A7780
8A001001 00000000
065A7790 00000008
2F525342 4A2F7066
E0000000 80008000
PAL Codes

Code:
File Replacement v1.3: [Phantom Wings]
C202346C 0000000E
80DF0018 80BE0024
3C807666 6084303A
7C042800 41820058
3C807364 60843A2F
7C042800 41820048
3C806E61 60846E64
7C042800 41820038
80BE0000 2C050000
4182002C 3CA0805A
60A5A2C0 80850044
7C04F000 41820018
80850048 7C04F000
4182000C 3CC0805A
60C6A4C0 00000000
C2022474 00000026
7F83E378 3E60805A
62729E40 6273A4C0
3E20805C 62310CE0
A2310002 2C110000
40820098 A2330002
2C110000 4182008C
A2330000 2C110000
40820084 82330004
82110010 2C100000
41820018 81F00084
7E107A14 3A100080
39E00001 4800000C
8211000C 39E00000
39C00000 92120388
91F2038C 91D20390
91D20394 3A1202A9
39F2032F 9DD00001
7C0F8000 4082FFF8
3A310023 3A1202A9
8DF10001 9DF00001
2C0F0000 4082FFF4
3A200010 B2330000
3A200009 92320350
48000054 2C110001
4082004C 7E729B78
86330004 A2120002
39F0FFFF B1F20002
85F30004 95F20004
3A10FFFF 2C100000
4082FFF0 3E60805C
62730CE0 A2530002
3A120001 B2130002
5652103A 7E739214
92330004 3E60805A
6273A4C0 A2530000
2C120000 4182000C
3A52FFFF B2530000
60000000 00000000
C201C700 00000005
38A00020 3E60805A
62739E40 82530394
2C120000 4182000C
80930390 83130390
60000000 00000000
C201C74C 00000006
3E60805A 62739E40
82530394 2C120000
41820010 3B400000
3A400000 48000008
541A0034 60000000
60000000 00000000

Disable Custom Stages v1.1:
046AFD68 48000040

Use with File Replacement v1.3 to remove the last of the freezing.

Dynamic SD Loader: v1.1[Phantom Wings]
205A9E40 80457570
20BDA868 00000000
04496C5C 805AA200
04BDA868 805A9E40
E0000000 80008000
045AA31C 01000000
C201CF8C 0000000A
38A00000 3C80805A
6084A200 7C032000
40820030 3884FC40
80640388 80A4038C
2C050000 4182000C
7C7B1850 90640388
93640390 38A00001
90A40394 38A00001
2C050001 7F64DB78
38A00020 00000000
0401CF90 41820008
C20262D0 00000007
3D608003 616BB3D8
7C0802A6 7C0B0000
4082001C 3D60805A
616B9E40 816B0388
7C035800 40820008
4E800020 9421FFE0
60000000 00000000
C201D02C 00000004
3DC0805A 61CE9E40
81CE0388 7C1D7000
40820008 3BC00020
93D80008 00000000
0403B278 48000014

SD Files:
225A9DC0 C0DE8001
065A9DC0 000000F8
C0DE8001 C0DE9001
C0DE9002 C0DE8002
C0DE8003 C0DE8004
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
FF000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 0000002A
00000000 C0DE8005
C0DE8006 000003C0
00000000 00000000
00000000 C0DE8007
00000000 CCCCCCCC
80457570 806293A0
00000000 806293A0
00000000 806293A0
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000047 45010400
0F08FFFF 00000000
00000000 804575B0
0000002A 00000050
00000000 C0DE9003
C0DE9004 0000001A
00F00000 C0DE8008
C0DE9005 C0DE8009
00000000 00000000
00000003 00000002
00000240 00000000
045A9F3C 805A9EBC
045A9F50 805AA2C0
045AA0E8 70662F00
065AA180 00000048
00000000 00000000
00000000 805AA08C
00000000 00000002
00000000 00000000
00000000 0000006B
00000000 01010000
00000001 00000000
00003BA3 00000000
00000001 805AA0E8
065AA200 00000028
804266E0 805AA200
92650100 00C99B00
00070017 00000000
00000000 00000000
805AA260 018FD011
065AA240 00000050
805A1DF8 805AA200
0000002B 00000000
2D36A0D5 2E36B038
2F41D008 30388F86
805AA200 00000000
805AA280 00000000
00000000 3602F02E
3709306A 3817F05F
805AA200 13017B40
805AA260 00000000
045AA2C0 80427ED0
045AA2C4 80427E38
065AA2EC 00000018
0000005B 04028000
0E060001 00000000
00000000 80427608
065AA310 00000030
00000050 00000000
00000000 01000000
00000000 00000140
919B6660 00000000
00000001 9258F600
00000000 DDDDDDDD
E0000000 80008000
Contact

Please notify me if any information is incorrect, illegal, or inefficient. Unless it needs to be private, please post a visitor message or PM on my youtube account which can be found here. Do not request my e-mail unless it is truly necessary.

Comments are always welcome.

bobson

Smash Lord
I think you're pretty much asking for trouble here. The PAC thread was a small enough portion to not be much of a problem even though it was technically illegal (you could probably defend it reasonably in court either way), but this is reproducing the entire game in uncompressed (well, less-compressed, at least) form. If a Nintendo suit felt like being a **** one day he could have your ***--as well as SWF's ***, if recent lawsuits are any indication--on the wall in no time and be legally sound in doing so.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I think you're pretty much asking for trouble here. The PAC thread was a small enough portion to not be much of a problem even though it was technically illegal (you could probably defend it reasonably in court either way), but this is reproducing the entire game in uncompressed (well, less-compressed, at least) form. If a Nintendo suit felt like being a **** one day he could have your ***--as well as SWF's ***, if recent lawsuits are any indication--on the wall in no time and be legally sound in doing so.
Its mainly just all the .pac's, I'm not gonna upload stuff like videos. And what suits???

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
You can readily download an ISO. These files are perfectly legal to have if you already own Brawl, and it's the downloader's responsibility to keep up with such legal matters.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Bobson. Mind bringing up these "recent lawsuits"?

Alot of things in the Smash Workshop could be illegal, but Nintendo is not likely to spend their time and money attacking minority groups and getting negative press because of it. Unless we start taking away their money...

illinialex24

Smash Hero

Alot of things in the Smash Workshop could be illegal, but Nintendo is not likely to spend their time and money attacking minority groups and getting negative press because of it. Unless we start taking away their money...
Yeah, we are mainly contributing because this is impossibly difficult to create an ISO off of my stuff and you'd have to search for all the files I am not including so you could make a sufficient ISO without them and so it'd be essentially impossible to do so.

bobson

Smash Lord
Its mainly just all the .pac's, I'm not gonna upload stuff like videos. And what suits???
Still, you're putting up the equivalent of a big sign saying "Free money here! Please sue me!"
Nintendo has set a pretty nice precedent of not being litigious ********s so far, but it's still inadvisable to push it like this.

You can readily download an ISO. These files are perfectly legal to have if you already own Brawl, and it's the downloader's responsibility to keep up with such legal matters.
Yeah, but you can't upload them, and hosting links to them is in quickly sinking legal waters as well.

The Pirate Bay suit, among other torrent/filesearch lawsuits that have been popping up all around lately.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh and btw, I will also be removing the .dol files and some files that have no use being on here so its more difficult to use this for piracy.

And I am much much smaller than pirate bay, and if someone asked for me to remove the stuff (IE, Nintendo or HAL Laboratories, I would do so immediately, unlike PirateBay). This is almost impossible to contribute to their loss of money, instead I am just making it easier for people to have more fun, by hosting some of their software, but not enough to create an entire game.

And actually, you are allowed to upload copyrighted software if its password protected. Thats how tehparadox gets away with it.

bobson

Smash Lord
And I am much much smaller than pirate bay, and if someone asked for me to remove the stuff (IE, Nintendo or HAL Laboratories, I would do so immediately, unlike PirateBay). This is almost impossible to contribute to their loss of money, instead I am just making it easier for people to have more fun, by hosting some of their software, but not enough to create an entire game.
Put this in the OP. I'd also suggest not hosting the update partition.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Yeah guys, I can see the headline already:

"Big busy company with lots of money sues teenage youth for uploading an incomplete version of an already downloadable iso."

Lol?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
So I decided to upload a few files, I'm gonna add in another notice because a few files require 7-zip compression for me to upload them, and I found they were useful. IE, if you find a .7z file, use 7-zip, thats not gonna work. Other than that its fine.

the5souls

Smash Cadet
On the "How to use ASH section"...

1. Drag your Fit***0*.pac file into your earlier made ASH folder.

2. Double click on step1_extract.bat . When it asks you "Type the PAC file you want to modify", type your .pac file name (It gives you a list of what .pac files are in your ASH folder, just type one of those names, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE .pac ON THE END OF THE NAME!). Wait for it to finish extracting, it will close automatically.

3. There should now be multiple folders in your ASH folder now (all starting with 2 numbers at the start of the name), BACKUP THESE FOLDERS SOMEWHERE.
I did #1 and #2, as what is said, but I don't believe it extracts. An error comes up every time. It's that "Window's report the error" thing. "ssbextract has encountered a problem and needs to close" is the message. Two files come up as a result in the ASH folder, (FitPurin0txt and a current_mod.ash are the created files [I'm trying to create a texture for Jigglypuff]).

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
On the "How to use ASH section"...

I did #1 and #2, as what is said, but I don't believe it extracts. An error comes up every time. It's that "Window's report the error" thing. "ssbextract has encountered a problem and needs to close" is the message. Two files come up as a result in the ASH folder, (FitPurin0txt and a current_mod.ash are the created files [I'm trying to create a texture for Jigglypuff]).

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?
Do you have ntcompress and texconv???

the5souls

Smash Cadet
Do you have ntcompress and texconv???
Yes, all in the same folder, which I named 'ASH'.

Edit: Oh, and as you can see, I put the Jigglypuff .pac file in the same folder, which is stated in the directions. I double-clicked on step1_extract and I typed in FitPurin03.pac and I hit enter. Then the "ssbextract has encountered an error" message pops up, and those two files (FitPurin0txt and current_mod.ash) are created.

the5souls

Smash Cadet
The step1.bat file really doesn't instruct much, most of the instructions come from the .pl files. However, all I know is that the error is likely in there, I can't diagnose it per say.... I could give you the code for mine which works however.
Ok, by all means, I would like the code, please.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Here's the ash code:

Code:
###
# ASH: Auto Smash Hack v2.3
# STEP 1
###

my $model=shift;
my @sizes;
system "ssbextract .\\".$model;
$model=~s/\.pac$//i;
system "move ".$model."\\*.brres .\\";
system "rd /s /q ".$model;

my $number=1;

my @brres=&getfiles("brres");
foreach $b (@brres){
	system "ssbextract .\\".$b;
	system "move \"Textures(NW4R)\\*.tpl\" .\\";
	system "ssbextract .\\".$b." skip";
	system "move \"Palettes(NW4R)\\*.PLT0\" .\\";
	system "move \"Textures(NW4R)\\*.TEX0\" .\\";
	my @tpls=&getfiles("tpl");
	foreach $t (grep !/^(\d\d)/,@tpls){
		$number=sprintf("%02d",$number);
		rename $t,$number.$t;
		my $checkpal=substr $t,0,-4;
		if(-e $checkpal.".PLT0"){
			rename $checkpal.".PLT0",$number.$checkpal.".PLT0";
		}
		$t=~s/\.tpl//i;
		mkdir $number.$t;

push @sizes,$number." ".((-s $t.".TEX0")-64);
		unlink $t.".TEX0";

system "tplx ".$number.$t.".tpl";
		system "move *.tga ".$number.$t;

opendir RDIR,$number.$t or die "I can't open ".$number.$t;
		my @files2=readdir RDIR;
		closedir RDIR;
		splice @files2,0,2; #borra . y ..
		if($files2[0]=~/\+/ and (!-e $number.$t.".PLT0" or $t eq "FitToonLink_hand")){
				my $newname=$files2[0];
				$newname=~s/\+1//;
				$newname=~s/\+2//;
				rename $number.$t."/".$files2[0],$number.$t."/".$newname;
		}

$number++;
	}
	unlink $b;
}

foreach("3DModels","Palettes","AnmChr","AnmTexSrt","AnmShp","Textures"){
	system "rd /s /q ".$_."(NW4R)";
}

open SAVE, ">current_mod.ash" or die "No puedo abrir : current_mod.ash";
print SAVE $model.".pac\n";
foreach(&getfiles("PLT0")){
	if($_ eq "15FitToonLink_hand.PLT0"){
		print SAVE "15 -1,";
	}else{
		print SAVE (substr $_,0,2)." ".(((-s $_)-64)/2).",";
	}
	unlink $_;
}
print SAVE "\n";

foreach(@sizes){
	print SAVE $_.",";
}
print SAVE "\n";

foreach(&getfiles("tpl")){
	print SAVE (substr $_,0,-4).",";
	unlink $_;
}
close SAVE;

sub getfiles{
	my $pattern=shift;
	opendir RDIR,"./" or die "I can't open ./";
	my @files=readdir RDIR;
	closedir RDIR;
	splice @files,0,2;
	@files=sort @files;
	@files=grep /$pattern$/,@files;
	return @files;
}

the5souls

Smash Cadet
Hmm...

So I copied your code and pasted it into the ash_step1.pl file. But I ended up with the same error.

illinialex, can you create/post a quick checklist on "How to create a texture" from all the way from the very beginning, while assuming that I have no tools or knowledge at all? Or the quick, simplified steps if a normal, regular, everyday Smashboarder were to think "That looks cool! I want to make my own texture!"? (also assume that I want to just create a texture for a character, not a stage)

This way, I can check myself if I did the steps correctly, in order, and I have everything needed.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hmm...

So I copied your code and pasted it into the ash_step1.pl file. But I ended up with the same error.

illinialex, can you create/post a quick checklist on "How to create a texture" from all the way from the very beginning, while assuming that I have no tools or knowledge at all? Or the quick, simplified steps if a normal, regular, everyday Smashboarder were to think "That looks cool! I want to make my own texture!"? (also assume that I want to just create a texture for a character, not a stage)

This way, I can check myself if I did the steps correctly, in order, and I have everything needed.
That might take a while but.....

1. Extract it to its own directory

2. Get ntcompress and texconv and put them in the same directory

3. Copy a .pac file however you go it to the directory.

4. Run the step 1 batch file.

5. Edit the .tga's inside the folders.

6. Run step 2, create.

7. Enjoy the outputted .pac and .pcs

the5souls

Smash Cadet
That might take a while but.....

1. Extract it to its own directory

5. Edit the .tga's inside the folders.
For #1) When you say "it", what exactly am I extracting? Because when I did some stuff, that's when nearly half my computer instantly deleted itself, and I don't want that to happen again.
(And I suggest putting a warning inside your "Create a texture" threads stating that "Warning: If you put [this certain file] in [this certain directory], you may risk losing a lot of data on your computer" or something similar to that so other texture newbies do not have to share the same fate)

For #5) To edit the .tga files, that is when I open those files in an editing program (such as Adobe Photoshop)?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
For #1) When you say "it", what exactly am I extracting? Because when I did some stuff, that's when nearly half my computer instantly deleted itself, and I don't want that to happen again.
(And I suggest putting a warning inside your "Create a texture" threads stating that "Warning: If you put [this certain file] in [this certain directory], you may risk losing a lot of data on your computer" or something similar to that so other texture newbies do not have to share the same fate)

For #5) To edit the .tga files, that is when I open those files in an editing program (such as Adobe Photoshop)?
GIMP or photoshop, gimp is free though :)

Anyway, yeah, just make it in its own directory and you should be good.

the5souls

Smash Cadet
What file is the 'it' you are referring to? The .pac file? (In my case, the FitPurin03.pac file) Or are you talking about another file?

Top Bottom