• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alex kidd thread - Alex kidd for the next SEGA rep

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Alex kidd for smash

First appearence: Alex Kidd in Miracle World (1986)
Last appearence: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (2012)
after hearing that Ryu is coming to SSB4 as DLC and he is a 2nd Capcom rep i was thinking of Alex kidd for the next SEGA rep.

so lets start. i will give the reason why.

Alex kidd was SEGA mascot before Sonic, and he is SEGA master system mascot wich is a console mascot just like Crash bandicoot, he is living in Sonic's shadow, he was here before sonic exist in 1986 in the old generation of gaming, he had more than 8 games and he appeared in more than 15 games, he is better than having a 2nd Sonic character or any other SEGA chraracters (in my opinion), and he is the 2nd most important character in SEGA history, he was also Mario rival before Sonic, not only this but he is Sonic rival too.

all of his games was released in the wii eshop. ;)

"i debuted as Sega's mascot, and went head-to-head against N*ntendo's Mar*o." -Alex kidd said this in Segaga on dreamcast back in 2001

Moveset:
B: Power Flash:
The Power Bracelet he wears allows him to fire a ball of light when he punches. Power: Punch 8%, Flash 6%

Side-Smash:

Side-B: Poripoto Bike:
A lighter, less powerfull bike than Wario's. It does have more speed, which is beneficial for recovery. It's also easier to pick up and carry around and doesn't leave parts when it's destroyed.

Up-Smash:

Up-B: Magic Wand:
Wave the Magic Wand to move freely through the air for a short period of time. Alex won't flinch while flying, but still takes damage.

Down-Smash:

Down-B: Janken:
Attack by randomly presenting Rock, Scissors or Paper. Rock has Rock effect, Scissors has electric effect and Paper has wind effect.

Final Smash: Peticopter:
Hop into your Peticopter and use A to shoot at your opponents. You won't flinch.

Alex is easily sent flying and quite slow. However, he compensates that with jump-height and power. Alex is able to crawl.

Intro: Alex arrives on his Poripoto Bike, similar to Wario's intro.

Taunt 1: Eat Hamburger or Riceball (random)
Taunt 2: Rock his fist as if he was playing Janken
Taunt 3: Present Stone, Scissors or Paper towards the viewer (random)

Alt. costumes are: Red Jumpsuit (Enchanted Castle), Alt Red Jumpsuit (Miracle World, RT), Stella's Jumpsuit (BT), Egul's Jumpsuit, Green Jumpsuit (GT)

also he have a sword to fight.

Some awesome remixes:

The streets of shinobi world http://youtu.be/JV7fw939y1o
Alex Kidd in miracle world song mix http://youtu.be/41lG4vpQuEs

Sadly Alex kidd franchise is dead because of Sonic but he can live in crossover games so SEGA wants people to remember him and they dont want to make Alex kidd forgotten because he was a very important part of SEGA history, and they made him appear in alot of cameos so we shouldnt forget about him, he is still lucky that he is popular.

Who is Alex kidd?
Alex Kidd appears as a short boy with large ears and slightly monkey-like features, a red and yellow jumpsuit, and oversized hands. Sometimes he appeared as a teenager, although the only time his exact age has been stated, he was stated to be 14 years old. However, being a 14-year-old Arian was somewhat different to being a 14-year-old human. The games state that he lived many hundreds of years previously.

Disregarding the various costumes he would adorn in the later Alex Kidd titles, the initial appearance of the character would swing between garb loosely resembling a traditional Mandarin tunic, or red striped jumpsuit (Sometimes overalls closer to the appearance of Mario depending on the localisation). At a glance its easy to see that the character of Alex Kidd was inspired chiefly by Bruce Lee (evident in the jump suit) and Sun Wukong the Monkey King.

Initially, in the original game, he is an orphan who lives alone on Mt. Eternal, on the planet Aries (also known as "Miracle World"), where he has trained in the Shellcore technique. This technique enables an Arian to alter the size and toughness of their fists through sheer willpower, and enables one to shatter rocks with one's bare fists.

After the disappearance of King Sander Radaxian (referred to in the manual as "King Thunder"), the planet Aries is thrown into disarray. A usurper, Janken the Great, kidnaps the next in line to the throne, Prince Igul (referred to in the manual as "Egle"), and his fiancée Princess Lora. Many of the citizens are turned to stone through Janken's magic. Alex Kidd learns from a dying man that he is in fact a lost member of the Radaxian Royal Family, son of King Thunder and brother of Prince Egle. Alex Kidd sets out to discover the whereabouts of his father, rescue his brother, restore the kingdom, and destroy the monstrous minions of Janken. Numerous magical artifacts and medallions are needed to be discovered to progress in the story.

During the game, Alex can collect "Baums" (the currency of Miracle World) which can then be used to purchase extra lives, items, power-ups and vehicles for Alex Kidd from shops at the start of several stages, such as the Sukopako Motorcycle and "peticopter" (a small pedal-powered helicopter).

After Alex defeats Janken the Great, the game explains how Alex restores peace to Radaxian, and that the people who were turned to stone by Janken have returned to normal. In the city, Egle is crowned King of Radaxian, and Alex Kidd, with his martial arts, takes the position of Defender of the City, although his next goal will be to find his father, King Thunder.

Some time later, in Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, Alex hears a rumor that his long lost father (referred to in this game as King Thor) is alive and well on the Planet Paperock. The Planet earned this name as it is inhabited by experts at the game "Paper, Rock, Scissors." Despite discouragement from his family, Alex travels to the Planet Paperock in hopes of finding his father.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'd love for Alex to get back to a place where he was important enough to be in Smash. Sega really needs to support more of their classic IPs.

For what it's worth, I love the character and would be happy to see him make it in.... even if he doesn't really "deserve" it, in my opinion.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Tell me if you want to be added in the Alex Kidd supporter list

Alex Kidd supporters:
1. Geno boost
2. Spazzy_D
3. slambros
4. SSBCandidates
5. Zoljinx
6. PKBuster1101
7. smashkirby

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Easy complaint for naysayers:
Alex Kidd looks too similar to default Villager.

Other complaints:
I can't think of anymore. Alex Kidd would be a great throwback to history. Enough people really do know who he is, and he seems like a moveset would be relatively easy.

I'll support him. I like my username on a variety of supporter lists.

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i wouldn't mind Alex Kidd to be in smash. he'd be a fun little addition, although i find the thread to be a little biased by comments here and there in the OP, i appreciate the effort, i support, but my ballot votes have already been spent by other choices.

Top Bottom