• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
12 nexus lululul

scouting is so important in SC
uggh. I don't understand the point of 12 nexus actually, it's NOT an economic build because it cuts so many probes. It improves your economy at the 7-10 minute mark but before that it has no benefits and only makes you vulnerable to a bunker rush. Even if it's not scouted till the last location, terran can just counter expand and then ***** mines all over and tech fast since protoss won't get observers for a long time.

And just so you know, 12 nexus is pretty common in competitive starcraft.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
where's the premium content? =[
lame read tonight guys. Sorry I can't make it to the tournament, too soon

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
'Kay, nvm. Purely Sonic in Brawl. Gotta be like Kage and mid-tier beast it! Won't achieve if I just cop-out.

Ike & Wario can take a backseat to the blue blur. See some of you guys tomorrow! Yeah!

Ritherz

Smash Cadet
uggh. I don't understand the point of 12 nexus actually, it's NOT an economic build because it cuts so many probes. It improves your economy at the 7-10 minute mark but before that it has no benefits and only makes you vulnerable to a bunker rush. Even if it's not scouted till the last location, terran can just counter expand and then ***** mines all over and tech fast since protoss won't get observers for a long time.

And just so you know, 12 nexus is pretty common in competitive starcraft.

I havnt really seen it much before.

but either way, i find it funny

this is Stevo

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's really annoying. Protosses do something similar to that build almost all the time. 12 nexus is pretty extreme, but common, but variations like 16 nexus and stuff like that are far more common, and, imo, way better and harder to deal with.

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
In competitive? Hm... I thought the typical way in competitive was FFE, (which might be close to a 16nexus).

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Was this ever before.... before it ever began!!

LOL hello alberta. I just saw your PR thread, the formatting looks oddly familiar to ours... LOL Victra. Is it anywhere near updated?

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
lol stu came to the tourney today, brad.

some things I just wanna say:

holy **** brandon, you vs jarrett = LOL

me vs dragonz had to be the closest matches I've ever seen in my life. like, there were points where I'd look at the stocks / percentages and it'd be like 2 stocks for both of us, and 80 % for him and 81 % on me. good **** though, those matches were fun. I should've won but I choked suuuuuper hard (hence all of the random fairs, downsmashes, and upsmashes). oh well

wtf was up with the singles bracket? like, how the **** did vincent get that kind of bracket? he had like the easiest bracket I've ever seen and he only got like...4th seed? out of 5 seeds -_- jake had a pretty easy bracket too. kinda just urked me that I didn't have an easy person to face my first match, and it ended up being my worst matchup on top of that, but whatevs, no johns

vania, you disappoint me. you weren't even there today and you're not gonna be there tomorrow, so I don't even know why you're hosting this. I would've been more than willing to host melee this month. instead, this turned into mike / tyson / my gong show lol

also carl, there was a reason for my cps / stage striking. plain and simple, I get grabbed way too much.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
yeah kinda

I don't really have any johns except I dunno how that bracket was so messed up lol

like did somebody manually switch vincent with somebody else? I'm confused. my bracket wasn't terrible, but I'm just wondering how it ended up like that. before I left to get food, I was supposed to face stu first match...

I'll get you next time, david >=D

edit: I'm also kinda sad that I never got to play jarrett. he's like the only person left that I haven't faced in singles ever, I think?

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
lol stu came to the tourney today, brad.
Really? Well Happy Bowser Stu.

Did shawn go too?

Punch crew?

Mango?

I should've won but I choked suuuuuper hard (hence all of the random fairs, downsmashes, and upsmashes). oh well
ITT: Tyler johns.
wtf was up with the singles bracket? like, how the **** did vincent get that kind of bracket? he had like the easiest bracket I've ever seen and he only got like...4th seed? out of 5 seeds -_- jake had a pretty easy bracket too. kinda just urked me that I didn't have an easy person to face my first match, and it ended up being my worst matchup on top of that, but whatevs, no johns
Vania*, you disappoint me. you weren't even there today and you're not gonna be there tomorrow, so I don't even know why you're hosting this. I would've been more than willing to host melee this month. instead, this turned into mike / tyson / my gong show lol
*Victor.

I don't really have any johns except I dunno how that bracket was so messed up lol
Tourney results/thread?
It really doesn't need a thread. Please.

aish

Smash Journeyman
vania, you disappoint me. you weren't even there today and you're not gonna be there tomorrow, so I don't even know why you're hosting this. I would've been more than willing to host melee this month. instead, this turned into mike / tyson / my gong show lol
Hi, I was there, NOBODY noticed me apparently though, NOBODY said hi to me too, whats his name told me i might as well leave cause you got this so I did

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
lol, Vincent's bracket was a direct result of me ****ing with the pools results and getting 2nd somehow. So it was a 3rd seed against a 2nd seed first round. I just did much better in pools than in the bracket, and Vincent benefited. If my bracket was "easy", it was because of my 2nd seed, even though I didn't actually beat anybody in the bracket.

I still have everything on my laptop, BTW. Do you want me to send it to you, or should I upload it myself?

:005:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Hi, I was there, NOBODY noticed me apparently though, NOBODY said hi to me too, whats his name told me i might as well leave cause you got this so I did
i never said you might as well leave, but i did say that i basically had everything under control already and organized the tourney myself since i thought you were a no show.

you were complaining that we didnt tell you that we had it under control and we should have "called" you that we dont need you to host, but seriously, IT IS YOUR tournament. dont get mad at us for organizing it FOR YOU. seriously, how are we suppose to know that you wouldnt come if we organized everything?

does it matter who says hi to you?

people dont say hi to me when i arrive, what does it matter? its not like you said hi to anyone else anyway.

@tyler: no johns, luck of the draw for vincent. and firefly did good in his pools, hence his bracket was fairly good in his favour.

aish

Smash Journeyman
What don't take that as complaints I was just saying, I wasn't mad at you guys organizing it I wanted it to be that way because I told mike have it going up to 4 pm because thats the time I'll be getting there around, apparently mike didn't tell everyone though about what time I was going to show up

T-block

B2B TST
I told everyone who asked, and then some. As for calling you, I don't see why I would, and I can't see how you could expect me to. I don't know what to say... I'm sorry I assumed you actually wanted to be there? It's a shame your expectations of this community are so unreasonable - a lot of us are gonna miss you =(

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I came after the drama and can say I had a good time. Although I don't know the situation very well I don't think the blame can be pushed onto mike. In fact, I'm not sure why there is any blame in the first place; the tournament was a success.

Vania, no one is upset that you weren't there on time. I got there at like 6 or 7 myself LOL. I was surprised to see Tyson running things since I expected to see you but that didn't change anything. The tournament was still a success.

However, I think in future better communication is needed. A tournament host can't run a tournament by themselves and now I'm beginning to wonder if there was any other staff to help at all.

I hope brawl goes well tomorrow and FOR FUKS SAKE SOMEONE BEAT DAN AT BRAWL LOL

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
tourney was still fun, yeah

thank you tyson for running the stuff after I left for food, as well as mike too after I left at the end

also good luck to whoever hosts tomorrow. I would be there, but I have christmas shopping to be done

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
*looks at the poll*

brb, gotta grab a fork to eat my own words.

No but seriously. GG LUKE FOR ******. Hopefully you can do super good tomorrow! I hope you buy your mom something nice with the money you've made.

@Vania: I don't really know what to say lol. I'll talk around and get the full details before I say anything about the situation I guess. Either way, are you done with smash in general? Cause im gonna miss you lots :<

EDIT:
I came after the drama and can say I had a good time.
Carl: He came; and he had a good time.

aish

Smash Journeyman
I came after the drama and can say I had a good time. Although I don't know the situation very well I don't think the blame can be pushed onto mike. In fact, I'm not sure why there is any blame in the first place; the tournament was a success.

Vania, no one is upset that you weren't there on time. I got there at like 6 or 7 myself LOL. I was surprised to see Tyson running things since I expected to see you but that didn't change anything. The tournament was still a success.

However, I think in future better communication is needed. A tournament host can't run a tournament by themselves and now I'm beginning to wonder if there was any other staff to help at all.
I had co hosts in the beginning but they stopped attending the tournaments. I'm really not blaming anyone or even mad, I just saw that it can be fine without me and that makes me sad but that means I should go back to my old life

FalseFalco

Smash Master
just wait till you smoke some pot and realize how incredibly insignificant you and humankind are in the universe

ho man what a day that was

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much take over whenever I show up, because it's what I do, I take over people's tournaments.

Only ones I don't are Carl's. But Carl stopped hosting, because his tournaments were the best in alberta, and he felt like an idiot.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
100% true. brad is like ditto for tournament hosts

lol victor that was golden though cast3 was legendary
thank god for chad

Top Bottom