• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
y r moe and tom on spacie team, they both main falcon
anyone else want to smash tommorow?
and moe has an above average garbage falco

Taste

Smash Apprentice
**** fighting a team of spacies lol. Any other team and I'm down.

Wall of Confirmation Honor for June 16th Tourney
1.) Ben = Wii brawl/melee
2.)Clark = GC
3.)SWEET BRO???
4.)
5.)
Confirm if u a real man

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
missed the e in my name.... superman is bringing his godly gamecube that increases everyone's tech level to over 9()()()!!!!!!!!!!
@arthur i posted my last name several times in this thread, have fun;)

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
nontheless, i only play teams, so will be fun playing with new people.
Note: Arthur play teams, seriously you wad.

SO. Tournament this next saturday June the 16th at the Escalus room @ UofC. I work at Mount Royal now so I'm going to start advertising for it there.
Mind if I ask what you do at Mount Royal?

Also, I'll probably be there, assuming work doesn't derp me over.

North vs South = Me + Brad vs rest of Calgary
I can't stress how much I appreciate the fact that you know this enough.

So much respect.

hella down for the next tourney top 2 or bust
As always my friend.

**** fighting a team of spacies lol. Any other team and I'm down.
You underestimate our power, Spacies are easy, just not fun. When pride is on the line, we get serious.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
East vs West = Me + Possibly Daniel + Tom + Ben vs rest of Calgary
North vs South = Me + Brad vs rest of Calgary
Spacies vs Non-spacies = Me, Victor, Paul, Tyson, Daniel, Mo, Tom vs David, Allan, Simon, Brad, Clarke, Ben

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ3kLxhNReQ
LOLwut your east/west and north/south are not accurate. Still spacies vs non-spacies looks the most even, but it all depends on who shows up.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
i actually dont have a cell phone atm, as i lost mine.
if you tell me the approximate time that would be good enough
i will say that 12:00pm is the earliest and leave when u want
also my brother may come in with the melee h8, he calles it failee lol
Alright I'll probably be there around 1-2pm. Anyone else? If no one else is going I don't feel compel to and stay home to watch mlg sc2.

It pains me to say, you are obviously not part of south calgary.
Allan, Paul and a few others are South IIRC?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Nah, they're north. They're above the 50% line.

A long long time ago when smash was lively in calgary, and spacies were only a myth. Calgary was known only as "Marthland" and a group of 5 wise sages of gaming made a decision that South Calgary was a group to be deemed as the cool players who ****ed around and didn't care.

South Calgary is now an elitist group lead by the only remaining sage, to which only the real south calgarians get in.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Hey guys. It's looking like a few of us from Saskatoon are wanting to travel to play Smash this summer. Alberta's looking like the best place to go. We're wanting to play Melee. Some of us would probably enter Brawl if it was around, but Melee is the focus. That's why Alberta Beatdown 3 isn't looking like a great option. So what i'm asking is if sometime during the summer something could be hosted in Edmonton/Calgary where we could see attendance from both cities. We'd be really grateful to anyone who puts in the work of TO'ing/hosting. Also Eric, or MonkeyBear, is probably better than everyone in Alberta. (Saying this for hype/legitimacy, not bragging). There would probably only be 3-5 of us but it would be great to get a tournament booked for sometime when we can come.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'd recommend the July Prepare yourself tourney.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321897

Some people from lethbridge already said they'd like to come, why not throw Saskatchewan into the mix. You could bring your brawlers too, I know Sylarius has been wanting to come over

Also, daniel, do you just record matches or stream them too? I just figured out how to stream matches on twitch.tv and its hella easy to record stuff that way. With commentary!

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Whats the best time for all your schedules? If the mentioned july tournament isn't good, I could attempt to arrange something seperately for you.

Also Eric, or MonkeyBear, is probably better than everyone in Alberta. (Saying this for hype/legitimacy, not bragging).
Money Match. I'll take any (or all) of you on.

By the way Ben, want any help with any of the tournaments again? I'm more than willing so long as life doesn't trip me up like it sometimes does.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Hey guys. It's looking like a few of us from Saskatoon are wanting to travel to play Smash this summer. Alberta's looking like the best place to go. We're wanting to play Melee. Some of us would probably enter Brawl if it was around, but Melee is the focus. That's why Alberta Beatdown 3 isn't looking like a great option. So what i'm asking is if sometime during the summer something could be hosted in Edmonton/Calgary where we could see attendance from both cities. We'd be really grateful to anyone who puts in the work of TO'ing/hosting. Also Eric, or MonkeyBear, is probably better than everyone in Alberta. (Saying this for hype/legitimacy, not bragging). There would probably only be 3-5 of us but it would be great to get a tournament booked for sometime when we can come.
I watched some videos of Monkeybear, still doubtful of him passing the Carl/Dan wall, maybe Paul material at best
But what do I know

And Brad, I think those days of South Calgary not caring are over, since it's pretty much just you and me. Sure I might not take the game as seriously as like someone in the NE, but I like to have my focus moments too

mach5

Smash Journeyman

Also, daniel, do you just record matches or stream them too? I just figured out how to stream matches on twitch.tv and its hella easy to record stuff that way. With commentary!
xsplit is easy, i also have an account. problem is you need a really good computer that can do video processing so that theres not a huge delay in audio commentary and video gameplay.

SIDE NOTE who wants to smash wednesday or thursday?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
xsplit is easy, i also have an account. problem is you need a really good computer that can do video processing so that theres not a huge delay in audio commentary and video gameplay.

Would Friday work? I got class on Thursday and I have to study the day before cause it's a test

Since we got the legit Ben tourney, we should try like low tiers for that **** Lanified one lol
I like variety

Tyson651

Smash Lord
was looking forward to this tourney on sat, but my friend is coming down from edmonton to visit me over this weekend, so im gonna have to pass on this one.

Edit: nvm, friend said next weekend. So im a go for this Saturday.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
$20 that he can't beat the best of Alberta.

Some people from lethbridge already said they'd like to come, why not throw Saskatchewan into the mix. You could bring your brawlers too, I know Sylarius has been wanting to come over

^This^

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i would be down with smash b4 with allan. does sask know the ICs matchup?
@ below western canada only, ontario/quebec has imo a better chance of winning crews.
not sure about best player in canada right now

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i only buffer rolls if i want to roll after a tech roll/get up, spot dodge, or another roll.

Top Bottom