• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Beatdown 2! $200 BONUS POT FOR SMASH SINGLES!! June 25th -

Alphicans

Smash Hero
ALBERTA BEATDOWN 2

IMPORTANT - NOTICE THE LOCATION AND TIME CHANGES!

Details:

We have an announcement to make about Alberta Beatdown 2 on June 25th.

Due to unforeseen and uncontrollable delays in construction at OverKlocked the venue will not be ready in time for Alberta Beatdown. OverKlocked & Edmonton Gamers have been hard at work looking for an intermediary solution to make Alberta Beatdown 2 possible! and we have Found it! We will be hosting the Event at the Ramada across the street from OverKlocked in their "Ridgewood" room.

Due to the network infrastructure at the Ramada, we don't feel confident that we would be able to run a SC2 tournament to the standards we want to apply. Therefore we have decided to move the SC2 portion of Alberta Beatdown 2 to July 23rd at OverKlocked.

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and we want to make up for it, so here are some things we are going to do for you!

1. We are going to cut the venue fee in half for both events! The Alberta Beatdown 2 Venue fee will only be $5 as well as the SC2 tournament July 23rd.
2. For Alberta Beatdown 2 OverKlocked will be giving away 4 Fightsticks during the event!
3. For the Starcraft 2 Event July 23rd OverKlocked will be giving SteelSeries professional Gaming Equipment including:
SteelSeries 7G Gaming Keyboard
SteelSeries Ikari Laser Gaming Mouse
SteelSeries 9HD Mouse Pads
SteelSeries Siberia v2 Headset
4. OverKlocked and Edmonton Gamers will also be providing other prizes to be given away during both events
5. As an extra thank you for all the support from the Gaming Community OverKlocked will be bringing in free pizza for everyone at both events. So make sure you stick around for the whole tournament, play some casuals and have a great time!

Stay posted for more information on the SC2 Tournament, which will be coming out in the next week.

The Ramada is Located @ 11834 Kingsway Northwest Edmonton AB
The Tournament will be taking place in the "Ridgewood" Room which is located on the second floor. To get to the Ridgewood you have to take the elevator which is visible from the Main Entrance.
Due to setup/Room Bookings the tournament should be setup by 2:00pm starting no later than 3:00pm

Get Ready, and stay pumped because it's almost time for Alberta Beatdown 2!

Are you ready?

For details on the other tournaments go here: http://www.edmontongamers.com/apps/...berta-beatdown-2-06-25-2011-edmonton-alberta-

The people from EdmontonGamers, are putting together a multi game tournament called Alberta Beatdown 2 and smash is going to be included!

- Location: 11834 Kingsway Northwest Edmonton AB - Ridgewood room on the 2nd floor

- A mandatory $10 door fee. This is a business we are using, so it needs to make money! Plus the lay out for this venue is pretty amazing. All the setups we need are practically given to us. Well worth the $10 in my opinion.

- $10 for singles, and $10 per person for doubles. SINGLES WILL HAVE A $200 STARTER POT DONATED BY EDMONTONGAMERS

- The flyer says we will be dividing the pot 60/30/10, but I propose we split it up how we see fit. Personally I think distributing the pot to the 5th places would be fair. These are details that can be sorted out in this thread.

Ruleset:

For this tournament, I have decided to use the BBR-RC unity ruleset. This ruleset definitely deviates from what AB is used to, but I think it attracts more people than it drives away. This is also the ruleset major tournaments will be using, so it's a good idea for everyone to get used to.

Here is the link to the thread: Unity Ruleset 1.3

For Melee, we will just be using the MBR recommended rule set: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

Housing:

Hotels

Coliseum INN

Coliseum Inn Edmonton

11845 Wayne Gretzky Dr. Southbound,

Tel: (780) 471-1231

Eastglen Inn - Edmonton, Alberta

6918 118th Avenue

Edmonton, AB T5B 4P3

Toll Free: 1-888-411-2610

Phone: (780) 471-2610

Interest/Attendance List(This includes both melee and brawl players. Don't expect all of these people to enter both games):

* means interested

Alphicans
Superboom
Frio
T-Block
Brown
Chaos
Fiji
Arsenal
Diminisht
KillL0ck
Lime
Blunted Object
Falsefalco
*Grape
Solaris
*Sinister
*Exegg
*Merlando
Stevo
Yoshara
Fraser
Brningpyre
lilseph
*DTP
*DevilWillCry
*Greeareeno
*numonezeldafan
*numonezeldafan's brother
Nemesis
Rouge Thoughts
Kinky Thoughts
Retro Thoughts
Count Chocula
Sparky
*Tasty
*Mripod
*sync
Vash
Connor
Sean
Evan

I will try to keep this up to date as much as possible.

Overall my hopes for this tournament is to have everyone from AB who can possibly attend... Attend. I also would very much like to see this turn into some sort of semi-Canadian national tournament. Hopefully the debate over who is better (EC or WC) can come to an end with this. If not, then let the hype continue to grow.

OverKlocked website (can look at what they offer as far as set-ups go: http://www.overklocked.com/

EdmontonGamers website: http://edmontongamers.com/

Frio

Smash Champion
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.

So If I try to stall the bracket with Tie breakers I get Dq'd?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Intentionally stalling the tournament will result in you getting a kick to the balls.

I think that should be added to the OP.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I will desperately try to make it. I'm not sure how I'll do it, but I'll try.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
i'm definitely coming, the falco boards also expressed interest in coming to a tournament here in AB sometime, so i'll see if I can get some US attendance here.

Brown.

Smash Apprentice
Definately coming, gotta get some hardcore legit practice in though, my goal is to win one set :scared: (I guess it all depends on who I have to face)

I'll also invite my friends, maybe get some amateur attendance :bee:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
If people from OoP do end up saying they are more or less confirmed, they're gonna need housing. Anyone who could possibly house please PM me or message me on MSN.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Damn, getting out there is going to be pretty expensive, I don't see many options.

Still going to do what I can.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Well I suppose I will go...

Will there be melee as well?
If I go some other people will be going as well from here...
Also make melee happen! So I can play FalseFalco and SUPERBOOM in tournament! haha :p

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I can house people for this event!

Just PM me if you need housing.. SK has first dibs because I housed them before =p

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Blunted will you be entering brawl? And who will you bring that will enter brawl?

I am probably gonna say in the attendance list who is entering what.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Bring Minus !

and... Blitz or red or what ever his name is

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Because there is some sort of Calgary event going on June 18th, and more attendance will come from different games than smash.

Top Bottom