• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALASKA Smash Thread

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
yo Chris K.

I still play Blaz or Persona from time to time sorta.

PM if you're interested. Yeah. I think I'll definitely do some Blaz this weekend. I need to get down that Relius.

Bo0gYmAn

Smash Rookie
Yo Alaska. I'm planning on visisting my friend in Anchorage around the summer. I was curious to know if there is a solid Melee scene out there at all? And if so, who would be down to play? I'm part of the NorCal region.

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
I would like to arrange a time in June where we could have a smashfest (mainly for EVO practice). Any thoughts/suggestions on how we could make this happen? I could host at my house, but I'm unsure how far everybody lives from here.

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Hey, fellow AK Smashers! ...There are still some of you left, right? :/

Anyway, I know this is a longshot, but if there are any Smash players in Juneau that see this, please PM me or respond to this thread! I have a pretty closely-knit group of friends to play Smash with (primarily Project M, the SSBB mod, but Melee is good too), but we're also interested in playing against new and various players.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Hey, fellow AK Smashers! ...There are still some of you left, right? :/

Anyway, I know this is a longshot, but if there are any Smash players in Juneau that see this, please PM me or respond to this thread! I have a pretty closely-knit group of friends to play Smash with (primarily Project M, the SSBB mod, but Melee is good too), but we're also interested in playing against new and various players.
We're still here. We're mainly a melee community and have switched to Facebook. There are 8 of us in Anchorage, 5 in the Valley, 2 is Soldotna and 1 in Eagle River. You should addme on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Daemonfang

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
poping in again.

gonna try and get a Fairbanks melee scene up and running again, got roughly 5-6 people that play, couple of them attempting to actually get good.

gonna also try and get a UAF Melee club started this semester as well.

if anyone in Fairbanks sees this, drop me a line!

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Sorry for the late reply dizz, we all talk on our facebook group now (Alaska Smash Group). I don't think there's anyone in Sitka but there are quite a few Project M players in Juneau, maybe there's a quick ferry you could hop on to get there or something. And if you can ever make it to Anchorage, that's where the main group is at (for Melee and PM).

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
Juneau here, I've been TOing all the tournaments here. All of our tournaments so far have been 25+ people. Mainly Project M

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Hey everybody. I'm from NorCal, currently going to school in NYC. I come to Sitka, AK for a month every summer and would love to have people to practice with while I'm there! Any Sitka smashers? I'll be there from June 14th to July 13th.
Damn, I live in sitka... Just missed ya... :(

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Hey do you know a guy named paul? He' was from sitka and currently living here in juneau, beastly mewtwo
I don't know anyone in sitka who plays, and I only got into the competitive watching M2K a couple years back, and studying up. I suck right now, because I have no one to play... :/ I wish there was a competitive scene here, like in Juneau...

Citricide

I don't know anyone in sitka who plays, and I only got into the competitive watching M2K a couple years back, and studying up. I suck right now, because I have no one to play... :/ I wish there was a competitive scene here, like in Juneau...
Why dont you ferry up here sometime :)

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Why dont you ferry up here sometime :)
I may be able to next summer, but I'm in high school (gonna be a sophomore this year) so the school year is tough. That said, I have played some of the Thunder Mountain Smashers, in project M. That's the most experience I've ever gotten to fighting on a competitive level...

dizzkidboogie

Smash Cadet
I may be able to next summer, but I'm in high school (gonna be a sophomore this year) so the school year is tough. That said, I have played some of the Thunder Mountain Smashers, in project M. That's the most experience I've ever gotten to fighting on a competitive level...
I got a bunch of people into it at the Fine Arts Camp, including the new SHS band teacher, so hopefully there will be some people there to play with! I'm also coming back in December, so we'll have to play then! I'll send you a PM.

AK_zetta

Smash Rookie
Hey I live in Juneau and Have been trying to contact the Smash community here with no avail so hopefully I can contact them here I'm decent in all smash games save Melee. So SSB, SSBB, Project M and Smash 4.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101

Citricide

Hey I live in Juneau and Have been trying to contact the Smash community here with no avail so hopefully I can contact them here I'm decent in all smash games save Melee. So SSB, SSBB, Project M and Smash 4.
I'm the guy that runs friendlies and events here in juneau. Whats your facebook?

HairyToes89

Smash Rookie
Hey there I'm going to be in Alaska for about another 4 weeks or maybe more and I was wondering where I could go for the next tourny. I live in Eagle River

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
obviously the thread is dead af but for some reason the alaska smash group keep denying my FB request to join.

i'm from the yukon (part of canada bordering alaska) and just got netplay set up. Looking to test out my ping and play against some alaska smashers. you dudes got a discord or something?

Thanks.

Top Bottom