• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i was scanning through pictures of genisis and look who i found that got a picture taken with them in it

NUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNU

NU!

NUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNUNU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
THIS IS elev8

I'm just throwing this idea out. If anyone wants to go to the Waba monthly let me know. I'm not sure if stopping at my house would make the trip any easier for anyone, but i can house ppl on the friday before the tournament, and then we can all ride out there on Saturday morning around 10. Shaslam gave me a maybe and i cheap said he went on the 4th, but The monthly tournaments typically get the best turnouts out there, so i'm just seeing if anyone wants to get on the sticks... competitively xDDD

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
THIS IS elev8

I'm just throwing this idea out. If anyone wants to go to the Waba monthly let me know. I'm not sure if stopping at my house would make the trip any easier for anyone, but i can house ppl on the friday before the tournament, and then we can all ride out there on Saturday morning around 10. Shaslam gave me a maybe and i cheap said he went on the 4th, but The monthly tournaments typically get the best turnouts out there, so i'm just seeing if anyone wants to get on the sticks... competitively xDDD
I'm pretty sure that was suppose to end with no homo

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
THIS IS elev8

I'll be attending Auburn in the fall. If time permits, I'd love to get rides up there. I'm sure Cam would too.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
One more try...

I need housing for Friday night, July 17. I'm heading down to Louisiana, and it would be great if I had a place to stay the night before instead of making a long drive in the early morning.

I'm going down I-65, so if you live somewhat nearby, this applies to you.

I would try to be as little a bother as possible--I'd buy my own food if you didn't have anything canned or simple to spare, I'll sleep on the floor if I have to, and if it helps at all, you can get lots of Brawl friendlies with me. Not sure if you know me, but I'm apparently pretty good, so if you know me, that might make you happy.

I'd really appreciate it...

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Reflex, I could try and get you something Friday night in Baton Rouge. Since it's just you, you may be able to stay at my place, or Nick (the typical housing person in BR) may be willing to have you at his apartment. I don't know if you wanna go all the way to Baton Rouge Friday, but I'm sure you'd be welcome somewhere if you do.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Yeah Elev8, DanGR and I are moving into Auburn on August 15, so we could probably attend more GA smash tournaments after that. It would be difficult to make anything before that though considering we live in Madison, about 4 hours away.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex, I could try and get you something Friday night in Baton Rouge. Since it's just you, you may be able to stay at my place, or Nick (the typical housing person in BR) may be willing to have you at his apartment. I don't know if you wanna go all the way to Baton Rouge Friday, but I'm sure you'd be welcome somewhere if you do.
I appreciate it, but if I can't find housing, I may as well make the full drive the day of the tournament instead.

Thankfully, I seem to have found housing mid-way, though, so, mission complete.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
elev8.
you live in phenix city right?
can you pm me your phone number or something becasue i have a GPS and i am about 70 percent sure i can go if its still cool with you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
sorry if I'm wrong buuuuttt....

I always thought you Snake mains thought of the D3 match that way all along @_@. To kinda y'know... just camp it out and such. I mean. That's what all snakes do vs. D3 anyways.

I'm not... seeing the major difference lol.

edit: oh, and if anybody's interested. BatGG might be unbanning MK.
well snake camps everyone
the difference is we can't mortart slide, f-tilt, or use or second jump lol...we didn't realize we had to camp THAT hard. as in, get a percent lead and then stop approaching altogether. we didn't realize that's what was necessary. we basically thought that dedede could out camp us, and since he could both outcampus and wreck us if we're aggressive it was a death matchup...but we don't think its true that dedede out camps us anymore
and approaching with grenades is a relatively new aspect of snake's metagame that happens to help us out in this matchup.

what does BatGG stand for

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i didnt think it was.
i remember asking george and him being like "no"
and breathing a sigh of relief.

it has walkoffs dude...
but then again delfino does also and i totally dig delfino so my logic fails.
mabey its jst me that thinks the stage is totally unlegit.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
The transition from stage to stage in Castle fails, the walk offs are more frequent than on Plaza. I like it better on Brawl+ with just the first and third segments. Take out the walk off and the weird transition that can totally screw people up.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
BIRNG PIKA CAM AND WE WILL HAVE ANO HOMO FEST AT ELEv8's!!!
>_<
No thank you.

I'm all for 3 starters and like 2 counterpicks, as boring as that sounds.

Starters: Smashville, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island
Counterpick: Final Destination, Lylat, and the starters. (with DSR)

There's so much more emphasis on skill that way, which naturally helps balances out the game. :p

They might allow Meta at BatGG? Sweet...

Bwahahaha!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Ive been forced to master using the classic controller Dan. Isnt that lovely?

Also Im on the verge of maining Marth.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ive been forced to master using the classic controller Dan. Isnt that lovely?

Also Im on the verge of maining Marth.
More converts! I've "converted" about 6-7 people in Madison over to the classic controller already. It was cool until it became hard to switch out between matches. >_<

The only beef I have with it is that the control stick and c-stick are too close to each other. It's harder to break out of grabs because my thumbs will naturally hit each other while rotating.

THIS IS elev8

I guess Marth is a little tougher to me than DK xDDD
No, really? :)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I need to find a new controller. My C-stick keeps giving out on me mid-game and I just stand there looking ******** when I should be smash spamming like a ******

Handorin

Smash Hero
If you play brawl, it isn't your controller. It is the game not liking the the controller.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Yea, its true Castle Siege and Delfino have walkoffs, but the walkoffs don't STAY the entire match.
but delfino has little walls and gap and stuff to hide behind and in castle seige its just a flat walk off.

everyone loves you so much on wifi and AiB. xD
internet **** riders FTW

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ELEV8, GET AT ME, MAN !

no homo.

i think i can go.

but i dont have a definite yet.

make a smashboards acoount :D

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Yes, I do. Right now I'm trying to get in top 64 so I can be in the ladder playoffs. >.> Also trying to find a place to host a tourney... but both are being a pain in the ***.
not to be a real bubble buster....
but whats the point in top 64 and playoffs in wifi...
its wifi...
i use to desire these things.
but then i started realizing my life was going to total waste for no real purpose and i wasnt really sociailizing with anyone. its just a big ****ing bring down to me.

Winnar

Smash Lord
its wifi...
but then i started realizing my life was going to total waste for no real purpose and i wasnt really sociailizing with anyone. its just a big ****ing bring down to me.
QFT

10QFTs

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol i got an infraction on AiB.
i went down, but i went down fighting my little soul out.
my famous last words were as follows:

"REVOLUTION! $B GONNA BRING THEM BROKE *** *****S WEARIN THEM SAM3 D1RtY A$$ SHO3ZZZ A CHANGE!!!
*****H YALL AINT RUDYYY!

MODZZ! WE COMIN FO YA AZZ! WE COMIN UNTIL YOU PAY WHAT YOU OWE!
you funna ban me?
thats a bitttccchh move yall.
MODZZ PAY WHAT YOU OWE!
PAY WHAT YOU OWEE!"

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
lol i got an infraction on AiB.
i went down, but i went down fighting my little soul out.
my famous last words were as follows:

"REVOLUTION! $B GONNA BRING THEM BROKE *** *****S WEARIN THEM SAM3 D1RtY A$$ SHO3ZZZ A CHANGE!!!
*****H YALL AINT RUDYYY!

MODZZ! WE COMIN FO YA AZZ! WE COMIN UNTIL YOU PAY WHAT YOU OWE!
you funna ban me?
thats a bitttccchh move yall.
MODZZ PAY WHAT YOU OWE!
PAY WHAT YOU OWEE!"
The Boondocks

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
its wifi...
It may be wifi, but there is money involved...

Top Bottom