• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Possom

Smash Cadet
Who expected AL to compete with California in Smash? We can't compete with them in Melee either so I don't know why you would single out Smash 4 on that. We don't have to compare ourselves to other regions. California has like 30 million people in it, Alabama has around 5 million. Of course we aren't as strong as them. We have a fun Smash scene in each part of the state, with smaller tournaments in the southern half and decent sized locals and monthlies in the north.

Possom

Smash Cadet
f
Once again, who are you?

And what 10-15 man monthlies are you talking about? We have BIO that reaches around 30, HASL, which excluding this last iteration does the same, and we also have the UAB Biweekly MCS that averages around 50 entrants these days.

Also why does Hbox moving hurt the smash 4 scene?

When you say things like "What can be worse than the Smash 4 scene in Alabama" it comes with the implication that our scene is toxic, not that we are bad at the game. I don't know which you meant, but that's a pretty bold statement coming from someone I've never heard of or seen at any events Melee or Smash 4.
Hey this is off topic but if I do late registration at Down to Smash is it 20$ for each tournament or 20$ for each day of tournaments?

Keet

Smash Journeyman
f

Hey this is off topic but if I do late registration at Down to Smash is it 20$ for each tournament or 20$ for each day of tournaments?
Tournament entry fees are 10$. entry to venue is 20$ for a one day pass online, or 25$ for a two day pass.

Registration online closes tomorrow morning though and we are only offering one day passes at the door, so if you want to come both days you should purchase a 2 day pass online ASAP.

Possom

Smash Cadet
Tournament entry fees are 10$. entry to venue is 20$ for a one day pass online, or 25$ for a two day pass.

Registration online closes tomorrow morning though and we are only offering one day passes at the door, so if you want to come both days you should purchase a 2 day pass online ASAP.
I am only going to be there for Smash 4 so I only need the one day. Thanks!

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
I went to a few locals, been training since. Didn't realize how much goes on in al. I don't think it's toxic scene but I don't travel.

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
Headland. Right around Dothan. I believe I've met you at Fanatix. I was that kid who used bayo at 1.1.5 and used the gamepad.

New tag, new controller, new main. I totally started over.

Last edited:

Possom

Smash Cadet
Headland. Right around Dothan. I believe I've met you at Fanatix. I was that kid who used bayo at 1.1.5 and used the gamepad.

New tag, new controller, new main. I totally started over.
Well shoot man you need to start coming back to stuff!

Keet

Smash Journeyman
So travel more! KIT is in January and it's in TN. Try to make plans NOW.

It'll be nice to attend a large tournament where I can focus on playing.

Possom

Smash Cadet
That was a great tournament. Thanks to the TO's. I wish I had the time and money to go to KIT but it's probably not going to happen.

Possom

Smash Cadet
A guy here at Troy just claimed he is the best Smash player in Alabama. I challenged him to a 20$ money match. Anyone want to see the vods of "the best player in Alabama" afterwards?

KotSO| Rax

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2165-8772-7393
I had fun at Bham Brawl 13 yesterday. I cant even stop talking about it. It was my first tourney EVER!!! And I placed 7th out of 41 people.I'm ultimately surprised that I took a game off of Dog w/ Hips. Excellent Lucario player and I would absolutely love to play against him again. I will be participating in more tourneys here in the state

Last edited:

Low-Key

Smash Rookie
Local melee player here in the Hoover area, hoping to find a close place to that hosts weeklies or just a place to meet up for friendlies. What's good Bham?

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Local melee player here in the Hoover area, hoping to find a close place to that hosts weeklies or just a place to meet up for friendlies. What's good Bham?
You'll have a bit more luck on Facebook or the discord for that. I don't know hoover area all that great.

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
Super sorry I couldn't make it :/. Best of luck to you possom

Possom

Smash Cadet
I'm pushing to make crew battles a thing during the spring. It's a really fun format.
You can count in the Southeastern Alabama Crew for any crew battles that might happen. We'll challenge anyone. I think we are actually crew battling Panama City soon.

theacp127

Smash Rookie
I'm sad I missed the Huntsville tournaments this month. I live across the street from the venue but I was busy with classes. Hopefully I'll be able to attend more in January.

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
Anyone want to do a wifi set sometime? I have a good connection and a Luigi with a pocket bayo and falco

Top Bottom