• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Shadeprince

Banned via Warnings
NNID
djsh1-3
3DS FC
3136-6589-7921
Um it shouldn't be questionable if I'm on the pr just saying. I am pretty consistent too. Always top 8.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you're not very consistent then your approach to the game is fundamentally flawed, and you should be working on that instead of focusing so strongly on some pointless rank that won't make you any better at the game.

I think a lot of the overall mindsets in AL are actually really terrible and hold you guys back. I'm not that much more skilled than most of you regulars in here, if at all. My reaction time is doodoo. My memory is awful. I flub inputs all the time, and I suck at some aspects of defensive ledge play. But I win because I don't get flustered, nervous, or give up, and I stay focused. I play patiently and make very deliberate decisions instead of always doing what feels good and fast and aggressive. I don't view good tools, tactics, strategies, and characters as "jank" or "janky." They're all just a bunch of 1s and 0s as far as I'm concerned, and there's a definite way to overcome each and every one of them if you'll just study the characters and game mechanics and look for it, instead of ***** and complain to others to try to make them appear unfair or lucky, and to keep your fragile ego intact.

What do I have to do to push you guys to get better? I'm willing to give advice to any opponent after every tournament set I play, if you ask for it. I will watch any sets you play at tournaments or have uploaded to youtube and try to provide a small list of things I think you could focus on improving. I'll never decline to play serious friendlies with anyone who asks. I want so badly for AL to grow and be respected, but many of you guys don't seem to care because you're complacent with mediocrity so long as your tag is listed somewhere on the PR.

Last edited:

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
What Dan said. And the word consistency shouldn't bother you Chili. Yeah you'll falter sometimes but the majority of the times it should be X beats Y. My falter is that even though I think I'm better than Dog and Thundersz I'm not showing I can beat them. Yet I consistently beat the people who beat them. I've finally beat Dog now I have to prove I'm better by doing it again. By being consistent. And I'll put place Thundersz if we never meet in bracket.

Shadeprince

Banned via Warnings
NNID
djsh1-3
3DS FC
3136-6589-7921
The smash mindset is just really hard for me. Like I know what most of you are gonna do all of the time and I don't know how to stop it.

Shadeprince

Banned via Warnings
NNID
djsh1-3
3DS FC
3136-6589-7921
Reacting in this game is basically guessing. There is too much input latency for reactions.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Being on the PR is great and all but I play the game to have fun above everything else. If I'm not having fun I don't see much reason for me to keep playing because then it just becomes a chore. But I am having fun and I want to keep getting better. I feel something I still need to work on is my patience and neutral, both of which I've been trying to improve over the last several weeks, and hope to show I've improved, and will continue to improve upon them as time goes on

Friendly_Fire

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheFriendlyFire
being on the PR is something so far away from my skill level that it doesn't even concern me

hell, I'm 0-8 in Birmingham Brawl Sm4sh but I keep going because smash is really damn fun

MegahogX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegahogX
Can someone kill me I have to go to school again tomorrow and I don't want to so yeah... that be great

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Fun fact: even though it's said thirty dollars, it's actually written $30. This goes for all money amounts whether it's $1 or $0.50. But the cents sign goes after. America is dumb

Dusta_Rhymes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-8248-1307
Probably gonna change my name too, my Tag was supposed to be a joke, but I don't like almost using someone else's name as my tag.

Rand0

Smash Rookie
Hey you guys, looking to have a good time for a great price? well if you are, which... who wouldn't be? Head on over and early bird pre-register before the time to do so is up! Early bird pre-registration ends august 22! So don't miss your chance to be frugal and google https://smash.gg/tournament/down-to-smash right now to reserve your spot today! Hungrybox and ReflexTheWonder are confirmed, and you can be too with the click of a button. We hope to see you and many others at this first ever alabama regional worth going to!! (located in birmingham, alabama, and on October 22, and 23!) https://www.facebook.com/events/256372661407754/
Copied straight from facebook ^^^ yall need to check that stuff!
also the smashboards link just incase: http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...en-1000-bonus-feat-hbox-birmingham-al.438236/

Top Bottom