• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
Yo I'm broke, we can money match with Social Security numbers

Anyone wanna start a crew? We'll be the Meme Dream Team, go all the way to Apex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Before we let you get back to fighting our youngin for top memer I thought I'd post these here.

This is what we've got so far for events, expect a Birmingham Brawl for the last weekend of the Month.
Note that the Huntsville event has been pushed back a week for G3NESIS/KiT. If you aren't attending either of those I strongly suggest watching them, hell even get together and do so.

Lists and Stuff
Next Weekend: Jan 9 2016
https://www.facebook.com/events/1111792652178475/
Kicking off our Alabama Tournament season with Hidden Power in Mobile. It's a bit of a journey but if you're ever wanting to show the southern boys up and give them a reminder as to why they aren't on any of the Bama PR's then the chance is always available every month. (Despite the trash talk, they're really chill people. Just a bit lonely seeing as they're so isolated and further than most Georgia events for we central and northern bama smashers)

If Mobile isn't your thing you could also meet some of the Mobile smashers at one of the PC Smash crew events
Jan 16 (Pensacola, Florida)
https://www.facebook.com/events/412409055625631/

-->Note January 23 2016
https://www.facebook.com/events/575855212580599/
You know the deal, usual large turnout, fun times and quality streaming. If you're taking I-65 drive carefully. I won't be around in January to do emergency pick ups for those involved in accidents. If you know any dudes who are a part of the FGC community and for some reason haven't gotten in contact with Raekw0n on the B'ham side of things, feel free to bring them. Their community is only getting bigger at each of these events.

Be on the lookout for BIO in February. I think they're waiting for the Campus to be available so won't be doing one in January (correct me pls if wrong).

SMASH 4 STUFF
We will be doing an update for the PR in February. Seeing as I've only been to one event since the last update, while I wouldn't mind trying to find any data that 100AngryTurtles 100AngryTurtles may have missed, we may need another person to throw some opinions to the mix in my stead.

Pre$$ $tart-
With the addition of their new crew bus from the money via extortion and salty consumers, the team will most likely be up and on the go to attend more events as a whole. Or at least I'd hope so. I'd love to see another HASL vs Press Start crew battle but on stream before we get too busy with school and stuff. If any of the tournament organizers can make it happen, that'd be amazing.

REGIONALS/MAJORS
We've got......
Final Round: https://www.facebook.com/events/187463378262095/
Kings Of The South II: https://www.facebook.com/events/657597264370765/
Pound 2016: https://smash.gg/tournament/pound-2016

A small amount of us have plans for going to Final Round, and may be taking 2 cars. We'll confirm on that as the time passes but now that I will be there 100%. If anyone is wanting a ride let me know late January/Early Feb when I get back from my mission.

Kings Of The South II-
Apparently had a really good showing for their first event. Our Neighbors are trying really hard to continue something big so I'd certainly like for us to try and get some attendance over there to give them a helping hand. I mean there is a pot bonus......that's incentive enough to get easy money amirite?

Pound 2016-
I've wanted to go to a Pound tournament since I started becoming a part of the smash scene, and this year is looking really possible. It doesn't interfere with my Drill Dates and it's early enough that I won't be sacrificing exam time. I know it's a bit early to start planning just this moment but if anyone else is interested feel free to let it be known.

That's about it, to all of you attending events this month good luck. I'll certainly see you all in February.....and maybe at Birmingham Brawl for the last weekend of January. To those of you not attending events, try and branch out and do some smashfests at the very least. If you're a stream monster, please don't think that the local community is as toxic as twitch chat. We're actually a lot easier to get along with.......and pretty damn cool. So come join the fun, get a training schedule in, a carpool formed and try and hang out with us next month.

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
Before we let you get back to fighting our youngin for top memer I thought I'd post these here.

This is what we've got so far for events, expect a Birmingham Brawl for the last weekend of the Month.
Note that the Huntsville event has been pushed back a week for G3NESIS/KiT. If you aren't attending either of those I strongly suggest watching them, hell even get together and do so.

Lists and Stuff
Next Weekend: Jan 9 2016
https://www.facebook.com/events/1111792652178475/
Kicking off our Alabama Tournament season with Hidden Power in Mobile. It's a bit of a journey but if you're ever wanting to show the southern boys up and give them a reminder as to why they aren't on any of the Bama PR's then the chance is always available every month. (Despite the trash talk, they're really chill people. Just a bit lonely seeing as they're so isolated and further than most Georgia events for we central and northern bama smashers)

If Mobile isn't your thing you could also meet some of the Mobile smashers at one of the PC Smash crew events
Jan 16 (Pensacola, Florida)
https://www.facebook.com/events/412409055625631/

-->Note January 23 2016
https://www.facebook.com/events/575855212580599/
You know the deal, usual large turnout, fun times and quality streaming. If you're taking I-65 drive carefully. I won't be around in January to do emergency pick ups for those involved in accidents. If you know any dudes who are a part of the FGC community and for some reason haven't gotten in contact with Raekw0n on the B'ham side of things, feel free to bring them. Their community is only getting bigger at each of these events.

Be on the lookout for BIO in February. I think they're waiting for the Campus to be available so won't be doing one in January (correct me pls if wrong).

SMASH 4 STUFF
We will be doing an update for the PR in February. Seeing as I've only been to one event since the last update, while I wouldn't mind trying to find any data that 100AngryTurtles 100AngryTurtles may have missed, we may need another person to throw some opinions to the mix in my stead.

Pre$$ $tart-
With the addition of their new crew bus from the money via extortion and salty consumers, the team will most likely be up and on the go to attend more events as a whole. Or at least I'd hope so. I'd love to see another HASL vs Press Start crew battle but on stream before we get too busy with school and stuff. If any of the tournament organizers can make it happen, that'd be amazing.

REGIONALS/MAJORS
We've got......
Final Round: https://www.facebook.com/events/187463378262095/
Kings Of The South II: https://www.facebook.com/events/657597264370765/
Pound 2016: https://smash.gg/tournament/pound-2016

A small amount of us have plans for going to Final Round, and may be taking 2 cars. We'll confirm on that as the time passes but now that I will be there 100%. If anyone is wanting a ride let me know late January/Early Feb when I get back from my mission.

Kings Of The South II-
Apparently had a really good showing for their first event. Our Neighbors are trying really hard to continue something big so I'd certainly like for us to try and get some attendance over there to give them a helping hand. I mean there is a pot bonus......that's incentive enough to get easy money amirite?

Pound 2016-
I've wanted to go to a Pound tournament since I started becoming a part of the smash scene, and this year is looking really possible. It doesn't interfere with my Drill Dates and it's early enough that I won't be sacrificing exam time. I know it's a bit early to start planning just this moment but if anyone else is interested feel free to let it be known.

That's about it, to all of you attending events this month good luck. I'll certainly see you all in February.....and maybe at Birmingham Brawl for the last weekend of January. To those of you not attending events, try and branch out and do some smashfests at the very least. If you're a stream monster, please don't think that the local community is as toxic as twitch chat. We're actually a lot easier to get along with.......and pretty damn cool. So come join the fun, get a training schedule in, a carpool formed and try and hang out with us next month.
Thanks for the information, I was waiting for these dates.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
real:cool:memer:cool:hours:cool:who:cool:up:cool:? up:colorful:smash dat MF:joyful:LIKE:joyful: button :smirk:

:smash:RIGHT:crazy:NOW:smash:
Do it right

:4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4wario2::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk::4dk:

Hands off my bread!
:4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco::4falco:

Gotta meme fast
:4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:

:4shulk:I'm really feeling *gets shot*

Now let's end this with a poem written by the one and only @Zonderion

Who Is PhantomThief?

Who is PhantomThief? What is he?

That all our swains commend him

Holy, fair, and wise is he;

The heaven such grace did lend him,

That he might admirèd be.

Is he kind as he is fair?

For beauty lives with kindness.

Love doth to his eyes repair,

To help him of his blindness,

And, being helped, inhabits there.

Then to PhantomThief let us sing,

That PhantomThief is excelling;

He excels each mortal thing

Upon the dull earth dwelling:

To him let us garlands bring.

As he steals our souls

In the brothers of our smash

PhantomThief let's out a solace LOL.

Who is PhantomThief?

That's how you meme

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Looking at all of the Genesis 3 information makes me wish I could at the very least watch it. ;-; This is looking so much more hype than Apex usually is.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Hello friends, please enjoy this haiku I wrote inspired by my time spent in the Smash community.

Munkus the greatest
Plays as Meta Knight and Puff
Thinks Rollout is good

moogle

Smash Ace
Sorry it took a while, but results thread for vsHSV 1.02 is up!

And.... vsHSV 1.03 is on January 23! We chose to delay a week from our usual pattern (3rd Saturday) because Genesis 3 and Kumite in Tennessee are on the weekend of January 16.

Last edited:

PikaPantz

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrmMchnMV
3DS FC
1203-9335-0216
Switch FC
SW 1142 5328 9328
Hey @Pudding009, do you have any insight on the Ganon v. Ness MU? Or perhaps a secondary I should look into for certain MUs?

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Outside of PM you shouldn't need a secondary for Ganon. And you might not even need one for PM
I think he's saying if he's the one playing Ganon who should he pick up for the Ness MU.

PikaPantz PikaPantz if you want to seriously win tournaments, even locally, you will need to have other characters in your pocket. Solo Ganondorf is nearly impossible in Sm4sh.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'd try and argue the point, but as the meta develops it's only going to get harder to win events with characters that lack the tools to make them viable. Pick someone who covers your worst match ups.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've maybe played Ganon 5 times since Melee started, and quite sure I've yet to use him in Smash Wii U.

PikaPantz

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrmMchnMV
3DS FC
1203-9335-0216
Switch FC
SW 1142 5328 9328
Keet Keet Thanks, I'm trying to find a character to pick up, I've been thinking Kirby, Luigi, or Pikachu. I'll take them 1 at a time.

Balls2Walls

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4785-7206-5622
User was warned for this post
I'm gonna bring Sm4sh Falco back to his melee glory

I'll 360 YY noscope all the top tiers from the top of Rust

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
You can still meme just stop try harding it. Every post doesn't have to be gold. Some are just gold by accident

Last edited:
Top Bottom