• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Im glad you know that. You don't even play Melee. What are you even basing that off? You said that like it was fact. I don't have any evidence of what I said, but my post was just my opinion.
It's never a rock-solid guarantee with anyone, but every time I've seen them in the same tournament, j00t and Moogle come out on top.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
It's never a rock-solid guarantee with anyone, but every time I've seen them in the same tournament, j00t and Moogle come out on top.
They are never in the same tournament. The last time joot, moogle and ragnarock were all at the same event together was years ago (the last time I remember Alectrious traveling north was probably in 2012). They have all gotten better since then so any comparison based on that old data is crap.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
They are never in the same tournament. The last time joot, moogle and ragnarock were all at the same event together was years ago (the last time I remember Alectrious traveling north was probably in 2012). They have all gotten better since then so any comparison based on that old data is crap.
I thought they had played more recently than that. It would be interesting to see them play again then.

If you guys are upset because you think I declared something as a fact that's clearly subjective, then it's worth noting that I was stating my opinion too and never was under the illusion that it was anything more than that. I simply state my opinions more confidently than Mikeyy.

Last edited:

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
I thought they had played more recently than that. It would be interesting to see them play again then.

If you guys are upset because you think I declared something as a fact that's clearly subjective, then it's worth noting that I was stating my opinion too and never was under the illusion that it was anything more than that. I simply state my opinions more confidently than Mikeyy.
got some bad onions

rotten onions

stank even more than before

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord

I was just emphasizing that your opinion is baseless because you were citing data that doesn't exist. Which uou have only further proven my point by not being able to remember the last time they played. I quick searched through past AUSOM, HASL and Iron Brawl threads and they have probably not been in the same place at the same time in 5 years. So really, you haven't seen them play at all. I haven't seen them play at all. Only the Oest of Gs has seen that matchup head-to-head.

Last edited:

j00t

Smash Champion
Last time we were at the same tournament was at a GameBox a long time ago for Brawl and Melee. The Melee tournament didn't happen because there weren't enough entrants.

Andy beat up a little girl in 64 for a while.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
That doesn't mean it is valid or worth sharing. Lmaoooo
Sure it is.
I think Mike Tyson in his prime would beat Muhammed Ali in his prime, and a lot of people disagree. No one knows or will ever know but it's still an interesting conversation.
I've never seen Joot play against Ken, but I think he could probably beat him in a set. I could be wrong, but it's an opinion that is no less valid than anything else. What makes one persons opinion on a random video game any more "worth sharing" than anyone else's?

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
Sure it is.
I think Mike Tyson in his prime would beat Muhammed Ali in his prime, and a lot of people disagree. No one knows or will ever know but it's still an interesting conversation.
I've never seen Joot play against Ken, but I think he could probably beat him in a set. I could be wrong, but it's an opinion that is no less valid than anything else. What makes one persons opinion on a random video game any more "worth sharing" than anyone else's?
It's like I'm watching one of your videos

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
All I'm saying yall been on this topic for like a page and nothing has come from it besides the returning point that they haven't played in years. So why we still in the same loop?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I was just emphasizing that your opinion is baseless because you were citing data that doesn't exist. Which uou have only further proven my point by not being able to remember the last time they played. I quick searched through past AUSOM, HASL and Iron Brawl threads and they have probably not been in the same place at the same time in 5 years. So really, you haven't seen them play at all. I haven't seen them play at all. Only the Oest of Gs has seen that matchup head-to-head.
Okay, I stand corrected then. Sorry for the mixup. It wasn't my intention to be factually inaccurate--I just misremembered.

got some bad onions

rotten onions

stank even more than before
You're a cynical person I take it? (Opinion)

Last edited:

youtwo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Youtwo12
3DS FC
0559-6766-5283
Switch FC
2400-3262-8154
Hey guys, just trying to get the word out to surrounding areas. There will be a Smash Bros. Melee tournament at Mississippi State (Starkville, MS) on Friday, October 31st. We will be meeting at Butler 100 at 7pm and it will last until whenever it finishes. It's just a $5 entry fee. Bring setups/CRT's if you can. If you have any questions please feel free to post them in the MSU VGC Facebook page or just message me. I hope to see a decent crowd there!

Mikeyy

Smash Apprentice
Zzzq;=
I saw Rag all summer, and I would bet $20 that he's not the best in Alabama.

ALSO:

Tuscaloosa Power Rankings:

Melee:
1. Alex (Zylo) (Fox)
2. Jim (Jimb0) (Falco)
3. Jesse Wu (Jesse) (Sheik/Ness)
4. Brian (Zoma) (Sheik/Luigi)
5. Mister (Mr. Mario) (Mario/Falcon)
6. Kevin (M&M) (Marth)
7. Clay (Zen) (Falcon/Ganondorf)
8. Justin (Justin) (Fox/Link)

Project Melee:
1. Mister (Mr. Mario) (Mario)
2. Jake (Jake the Preacher) (DK/Ganondorf)
3. Alex (Zylo) (Fox/Falco)
4. Brian (Zoma) (Lucas)
5. Justin (Justin) (Link)
6. Jesse Wu (Jesse) (Ness)
7. Khalil (Khalil) (Mario)
8. Sean (Child Star) (DK/Wario)
I'd like to know all the tournaments you claim to have seen Rag at this summer. Plus bro, your not the best in T-town. There is an old school Luigi main that lives there, he's from Pensacola. His name is Ram. I promise he'll give you the business. I'll get him to money match you. He loves free money, and scrub space animals. He'll whoop your PM guys too.

Top Bottom