• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i thought u couldn't come anymore, raf??!

I plan on going so that obviously means there's a 25% chance I'll be there.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I just got back from vacation today, so I'm planning on going. I'm hoping for top 3 in Injustice; I want to see how good the scene is in AL/GA. Who knows? I may get scraped, but I feel pretty confident that I'm not ass at the game.

j00t

Smash Champion
Russ, I need to get my tv from your place. PM me your number so I can set a time up with you

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I guess I'm just going to play Pit in PM for now if they're going to take mechanics away from Charizard and keep them on Pit. He's probably a better character at this point anyway.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Aerial Down-B (his glide) takes away all of his jumps, despite that not being the case for Pit, and virtually all other recovery moves only taking away one jump.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Im lazy and don't want to check facebook. Did brawl have a toruney on saturday and who won? lol.
also how did Injustice go for you, raf?

I guess asking about stuff via interwebz is a decent substitute for my laziness and inability to manage my life/time lol.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Brawl had three entrants--Calvin, Billy, and me. Calvin won.

Raf won Injustice. He came back from loser's bracket and counter picked the guy hard with Doomsday. I'm not a fan of the game, but it was great watching that set.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Brawl had three entrants--Calvin, Billy, and me. Calvin won.

Raf won Injustice. He came back from loser's bracket and counter picked the guy hard with Doomsday. I'm not a fan of the game, but it was great watching that set.

Counterpicking is what I do baby! You guys remember the brawl days!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
that's upsetting...
any reason why?

I believe it was a conscious decision about toning down Charizard's recovery being too good without comparing him to the rest of the game. I would rather have seen Glide Attack have greater landing lag and N-Air toned down (as it helps him with coverage from below really well) than this.

Also, there's no excuse for Pit not losing at least one jump during Forward-B.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yo check it, its like... a windows 98 computer flying above some palm trees.. or something. It's the move!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hey i'm randomly and unexpectedly heading to alabama until like friday.

I'd love to play some AL peoples.

I'm Smiley from Arizona. I'm a Game&Watch main in Brawl (With Peach and MK) and I play Marth and Roy in Melee (although i'm bad) , and Bowser and Marth in P:M

Obviously i'll be here during the week so I don't expect a tourney, but maybe a smashfest or even if someone just wants to play that'd be cool too.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hey i'm randomly and unexpectedly heading to alabama until like friday.

I'd love to play some AL peoples.

I'm Smiley from Arizona. I'm a Game&Watch main in Brawl (With Peach and MK) and I play Marth and Roy in Melee (although i'm bad) , and Bowser and Marth in P:M

Obviously i'll be here during the week so I don't expect a tourney, but maybe a smashfest or even if someone just wants to play that'd be cool too.

oh yeah btw, i'll be in Huntsville

edit: Oops, meant to edit

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
because it's funzies :upsidedown:

and I want to have a red rep bar somewhere no I don't is conflicted. :facepalm:

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
So... I messaged SFA and we planned to play smash yesterday but he never CALLED ME like he said. If I had only checked this thread..... Didn't know you put your number there. Still had a good smashfest and we may have another one on Wednesday, as long as you can guarantee your attendance.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I made a bunch of money playing Project M this weekend. I'm currently sitting in a mall in Atlanta until I can get my car at 5. Woooo.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
So... I messaged SFA and we planned to play smash yesterday but he never CALLED ME like he said. If I had only checked this thread..... Didn't know you put your number there. Still had a good smashfest and we may have another one on Wednesday, as long as you can guarantee your attendance.
I did actually but I got your voicemail. Probably should a left a message but I have this thing about voicemail lol my bad. Im gonna call you when I get home because I am out with my father at the moment.

Flaming0

Smash Rookie
First time posting here. I'm a long time semi-competitive Melee player also getting into PM. How do I get started being part of events in Mobile? I don't know if I'm in the right thread/forum so sorry if I am.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, SmashBoards was down for a solid while. That probably has something to do with the inactivity.

Top Bottom