• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
No plans for AUSOM since George works, Twinster is uninterested and I dont plan on solo riding in a 94 Jimmy for an Auburn trip. Gamebox day could happen again.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sad face.

If there's a small crowd for Project M, I'll do my best to make it worth your (the general "you") while.

As for you (the specific "you"), yeah, it's not worth driving yourself to it. Have you thought about going with Cheap?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
have any of u guys ever had a pimple that you feared may be a tumor because you can tell its gonna be really big and it is taking forever to get to its "popping point" ?

idk. this has been my most common re-occuring thought over the past couple of days. post to smashboards.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
you have one of these? take a rag, soak it in hot water, then lay it on your face
it'll help it come out faster.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Well sadly I cant go to the tournament unless im guaranteed like somewhere in 1-3 place, since my family is going to the beach and im broke. So anyone practicing Friday?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Sethlon and his TX brethren will be housing there on Friday and Saturday, and I'm supposed to stay the night with them, too.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I played it once and dumpstered some scrub superman trying to laser camp me

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I've been playing injustice a fair amount.
I've just been stuck on using Raven and Lex Luther. They aren't bad.

How's MVC3 coming, Raf? You still play that?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I've been playing injustice a fair amount.
I've just been stuck on using Raven and Lex Luther. They aren't bad.

How's MVC3 coming, Raf? You still play that?
I just finished my first full year teaching, so in the last 3 to 4 months I really wasn't playing too much marvel. When Injustice came out, one of my co-workers bought me the game as a gift. Ever since that, I've been playing TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Injustice lol. I've got 1150 wins so far online (grinding too hard online...) I'd really like to play some ppl for real though. I'm planning on going to Atl or gardendale sometime to get some games in against some competitive players. What have you been up to this last year Austin?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Maybe we can split a second controller and you can beat up on me/go through Resident Evil 5 with me.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
I just finished my first full year teaching, so in the last 3 to 4 months I really wasn't playing too much marvel. When Injustice came out, one of my co-workers bought me the game as a gift. Ever since that, I've been playing TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Injustice lol. I've got 1150 wins so far online (grinding too hard online...) I'd really like to play some ppl for real though. I'm planning on going to Atl or gardendale sometime to get some games in against some competitive players. What have you been up to this last year Austin?

Damn that's alot of games lol. shiiit in the past year? idk.
moved up to Birmingham. hung out with some ppl I like to make music with and started making music forreal and went to bars in my down time. then, as usual, i got involved in some real sketchy criminal broke as **** drug addict ****. moved back to montgomery before i died lol. and now I'm just working on getting my associates in paralegal & staying clean.
and sometimes I hang out with my friends that play MVC3 and SFAE and Injustice. I would say I'm decent at Injustice and MVC3.
I wish I owned it so we could play. I might see you at one of those tournaments if I decide to tag along with them or something dude p:

MilesWC7

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I'm a melee player originally from Oregon. I've just relocated to Alabama and I'll be living in Montgomery starting tomorrow. Was wondering if you guys could help me get involved with the AL community. (btw im not good at melee, just learning so don't get excited)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
We have a few tournaments, mostly they focus on brawl, but there's usually just as many playing melee and more recently Project M. Ryker's your main guy in montgomery, i think, and he plays all three.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Ryker is about an hour from montgomery.

im in montgomery but lol. im not the guy you want foreal

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You should see if you can come up for Hunter's tournament next weekend. I know that feeling.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
SMASH 4 SPOILERS

http://kotaku.com/the-new-smash-bros-game-will-be-out-in-2014-512574446
http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-creator-breaks-down-all-thats-new-i-512759514

animal crossing villager OP
finally MEGAMAN i can already tell he's going to be spammy and annoying
and wii fit trainer lol what
it looks a bit faster than brawl but still not anywhere near melee or P:M

it looks and sounds fantastic though in terms of graphics and sound effects
footage of both 3ds and wiiu versions here

im pumped tbh

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Can Snake return for this song in Smash? http://youtu.be/MdfTC5BgxIQ

Apparently Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii are set to be revealed soonish (during E3 maybe?).

As a Nintendo fan, everything about this game makes me excited. Wii Fit Trainer is amazing, and Mega Man is the highlight of E3 for me. I finally got my Villager like I had expected to be in Brawl.

As someone interested in competitive play, the jury is still out. Brawl airdodges, a few noticed instances of ledge snapping, some of that 3DS footage was really floaty, no one knows enough about hitstun or the direction Sakurai wants to take the game right now.

EDIT: Also, Psycho Villager is the best meme.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
It looks like a revamped brawl engine, but with faster characters. I'll buy it because megaman ffs but it really just seems like a brawl sequel than the next smash installment.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the hitstun in those clips looks kind of brawl-ish :-/ and it does look a bit floaty.
but I don't really mind any of those things in particular. the problem with brawl is all the unintentionally unbalanced and broken nonsense like infinite grabs, planking, super powerful tactics being rdiculously safe etc
not really the designed mechanics
imo at least

i guess brawl mechanics make the game more defensive, which makes it less interesting, but not necessarily less competitive...but we'll see.

Top Bottom