• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
So it's me again. Here to do the same thing I do nearly every time this year.

http://kamicon.net/

Kami-con is coming up, February 15 - 17. Here's the shocker. IT'S NOT IN TUSCALOOSA THIS YEAR! It's all moved to the BJCC on account of logistics. Plus expansion. Logistical expansion. And they'll have Smash!

Yes, brawl only. It's an anime convention. Deal with it.

You should still go, if not for the video games, then for the animu and general good times. I might be there, I might now. Plane tickets are expensive.
Yeah, that's the same weekend as AUSOM 7, so I'll be going to AUSOM.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ill pay project m. i never have before though lol

kevin come over with project and lets smash dude.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Eh, I was going to Kami con with my sister regardless. I'm not entering brawl, unless nobody even half-decent shows up, cause then i want money.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I wonder who I'm going to main....

And for some reason I feel like all the new characters are going to be busted as anything in the future. It's taken years of meta development to get the melee characters where they are, but brawl characters like sonic are being introduced with immediate skill results equal to that of the fully developed melee characters.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wonder who I'm going to main....

And for some reason I feel like all the new characters are going to be busted as anything in the future. It's taken years of meta development to get the melee characters where they are, but brawl characters like sonic are being introduced with immediate skill results equal to that of the fully developed melee characters.
"Immediate skill results" isn't really the way I'd describe some of the success. The PMBR just needs to clean up some messes. The game is in beta, so there's still time to balance things out, and I'm still pushing for the high-tier Melee characters to get changed (not necessarily nerfed). I'm confident that it'll balance itself out well.

It's also worth noting that a lot of the new stuff has been taken from other games. I maintain that Wario plays much like Brawl Wario, which is why a lot of it carries over for me.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, Brawl Lucario is incredibly boring and dumb for other players to fight against because he has mobility and safety on his side to the extreme (you can't react to his roll, and most characters can't catch it even if you hard read it). The options out of charging Aura Sphere are ridiculously powerful, and because he's so difficult to catch, it makes his "get powered up for getting beat up" mechanic feel obnoxious at times.

PM Lucario rewards you for dealing damage (via Super meter) rather than for taking damage, and he combos fluidly. A lot of his stuff is guaranteed to work once it's started, which is unlike most Smash characters, where you have to read DI regularly and stuff.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
brawl lucario is campy and boring. pm lucario is offensive and combos and tricky and is inspired by 2d fighters which I love anyway.

and honestly I think the high tier melee characters are still among the best in PM. Falco, Falcon, Sheik Marth are all really beast. I have yet to see a Peach player, but she seems just as good as well. not sure about Fox. he's not getting a lot of love right now.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So guys. My THPS3 World Record speedrun kind of went viral. 183,788 views in the 15 hours since I uploaded it. I... what?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Way to show superb mastery over this game. VERY impressive. Reminds me that we need to get on games sometime.

That said, it's absolutely crazy that it's gained such a following in such a short amount of time.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
luis is there like a P:M wario basics guide somewhere
i dont understand his mechanics. and all the discussions in this forum assume prior knowledge of the character <_<

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No, but, maybe I should make one. The 2.5 notes explain a lot of the useful stuff he got that made him a real character, though.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i really like the way he feels, but i just have no idea what i'm doing.
ill just watch your videos and copy thats how I learn smash anyway ^_^

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Smash 4 finally getting revealed....does anyone think there is a slim chance it wont suck?

Will we all buy and play it competitively regardless?

George's video got on the youtube homepage if you dont have recommendations and all that stuff.

Top Bottom